TIM
    INTj-Ne 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    LIIs are able to be authoritative just fine according to descriptions

How did the LSI react lol, was it not annoying to him that you were trying to block him for a full hour
    Ah, suppose I was going off the Se polr descriptions, particularly this one, "LIIs typically respond poorly to and have difficulty applying volitional pressure." Good to know it doesn't apply in that case.

The LSI threw quite a tantrum, actually. His sport equipment was in the house, this being his grandfather's place which I was watching over while everyone else was out, and he had two hours to make it to practice. I knew this and ambushed him right as he was about to go inside. He tried to push his way through at first, but like I said, I'm a lot stronger than I look. When brute force didn't work, he fell on all kinds of excuses and insults. Went from, "Come on, I forgot! I promise to bring it back next time!" to, "F*** you!"

I told him, "You still have plenty of time to go fetch it." He lives nearby, though his house is a mess, which is why I didn't go find it myself. I repeatedly told him, "Bring it back and I'll let you through." He's a grown man and I felt like I was dealing with a child. This was at the half hour mark. For the next half, he glared at me as if waiting for me to back down. Even the neighbors were telling him to give in. Once he realized it wasn't going to work, and that he was running out of time, he went back to his house and brought back what he promised and I let him through.

Note, he's done this countless times with his parents and grandparents. Taking their stuff and never bringing it back. I decided it was about time he paid for his actions.
    I want to believe, therefore I question everything. I pursue the truth, therefore I eliminate all lies. I crave the ideal, therefore I defy the world.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Lande View Post
    Ah, suppose I was going off the Se polr descriptions, particularly this one, "LIIs typically respond poorly to and have difficulty applying volitional pressure." Good to know it doesn't apply in that case.

The LSI threw quite a tantrum, actually. His sport equipment was in the house, this being his grandfather's place which I was watching over while everyone else was out, and he had two hours to make it to practice. I knew this and ambushed him right as he was about to go inside. He tried to push his way through at first, but like I said, I'm a lot stronger than I look. When brute force didn't work, he fell on all kinds of excuses and insults. Went from, "Come on, I forgot! I promise to bring it back next time!" to, "F*** you!"

I told him, "You still have plenty of time to go fetch it." He lives nearby, though his house is a mess, which is why I didn't go find it myself. I repeatedly told him, "Bring it back and I'll let you through." He's a grown man and I felt like I was dealing with a child. This was at the half hour mark. For the next half, he glared at me as if waiting for me to back down. Even the neighbors were telling him to give in. Once he realized it wasn't going to work, and that he was running out of time, he went back to his house and brought back what he promised and I let him through.

Note, he's done this countless times with his parents and grandparents. Taking their stuff and never bringing it back. I decided it was about time he paid for his actions.
    lol tbh that's some great example of overdone & moralistic Se PoLR pressuring lol

you wouldn't have been able to pull that off with me btw : p (even tho I'm a girl and yeah I can believe that you are physically stronger than me)

As for the general authoritativeness as far as LII descriptions, it's not really like this by default, they only resort to the physical force when they feel it's their last chance like you did it