Thread: hotelambush Questionnaire (februarysprout)

TIM
    LII-Ne (INTj)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hotelambush Questionnaire (februarysprout)

hotelambush Questionnaire
    Please save your answers offline so you do not accidentally lose them!Instructions:
    -
    Tell me about yourself
    I am a 15 year old enby (non-binary) and I am hoping to be a pediatric psychiatrist. I am an INFJ in mbti, my enneagram type is 9w1, my tritype is 952 and my instinctual variant stack is so/sp. I like astrology, music (I play violin and I'm learning guitar), writing, drawing and anything interesting or pretty, like plants.
    What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    Right now I am in high school and my current classes are humanities, honors English, Spanish I, and AVID (advancement via individual determination). I am in honors because I normally do well on writing assignments even though I often turn them in late, so it is a bit stressful right now. I am in Spanish because I needed to take a language and I encounter Spanish-speakers more often than other languages. I like learning Spanish because it is easy for me and interesting. I don't really know how I ended up in AVID but the teacher is very nice and I like the class. I chose humanities out of the other options I had for social studies because it sounded interesting although it isn't as interesting as I thought it would be. I don't like the art assignments I have for that class because I like to take my time with art and I haven't turned them in on time because of that, but the writing assignments are alright.
    What are your values, and why?
    I value acceptance and curiosity/adaptability. I think that being accepting and adaptibility helps with learning so that I can be open to new information and it helps to be kind and patient. I also don't like when people assume things, so I like to see things from as wide a perspective as possible.
    What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    Recently, I have spent my time researching random things or sleeping. I have lots of migraines and can't do much, but I want to go back to practicing violin/guitar more often and being more active.
    What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    I normally wait for my friends to come to me so I am not sure. I also don't look for romantic relationships but if I were to get involved in one it would be important that the person likes and is good with children because I want to raise children one day.
    What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
    Sometimes a conflict arises when my schedule/needs don't fit with my family's but the conflict ends quickly. Sometimes I want to sleep while others are being too loud for me and they are not ready to sleep or things like that. I normally try to just wait it out.
    How would your friends describe you?
    I am not really sure. I do know that one of my friends said that I was like the earth element or something like that, and my close friends often call me “perfect” or an “angel”. I am also described as quiet and smart by a lot of people.
    What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I am sensitive, fearful, naive, sometimes rigid, weak, and I have trouble getting things done or being satisfied with my work.
    In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I am not really good at managing anything. I am good at observing things and understanding things but I still cannot manage things very well.
    What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    Things that I can't do while walking around/stimming are very annoying to me and something where it is easy to make a mistake or that is very physical and not as mental exhausts me easily. I enjoy things that you would need to spend a lot of time and thought on.
    What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?
    I want to have children because I feel connected to the idea of bringing someone into the world and taking care of them. I don't know when I started to want this but it was a very long time ago. I want to be a pediatric psychiatrist because I want to work with children and their minds. I also like the idea of learning about more medical things and psychiatrists tend to make a good amount of money so I won't have to worry about that.
    If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    I would want to help others, learn about things I am interested in and involve myself in lots of art projects.
    What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    I really like confidence. I think that it is normal in some places to like this trait, but many people get annoyed by my friends when they talk about their achievements or themselves a lot, even when they are still listening to others. I also like eccentricity and openness. Often when someone is considered “obnoxious” I find that person brave or cute.
    What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?
    I try to organize my room regularly. I keep pretty and nice-smelling things like candles on my desk. I enjoy daily chores when they are not stressful/gross and I am not under pressure.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I avoid contact with strangers. I like to do my own thing or observe them. Sometimes if I am brave enough I would want to help them if they needed it.
    How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    I normally hide or if I am not at school or a formal place I will run or leave. Sometimes I will do these things mentally but not physically. I try not to in public but sometimes I cry.
    What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.
    I don't really know. Nothing comes to mind.
    What did you do last Friday?
    I think that I messaged someone but I can't remember well.
    Please save your answers offline so you do not accidentally lose them!Part 2
    -
    What is your biggest accomplishment?
    I received an invitation to something for good students to do some STEM related projects over the course of ≈4 days I think, I don't quite remember. The invitation was sealed very nicely and the thing that I was invited to was very expensive so it seemed pretty special to receive the invitation, although I couldn't afford to go. I also received a President's Award For Educational Excellence a couple years ago.
    What is something you regret?
    I regret a lot of things and most of them I still have not come to terms with so I cannot share them. One thing that I “regret” is not being very involved with others when I was younger as I feel disconnected from others now. Regret is in quotation marks because I didn't really have a choice.
    Who do you admire, and why?
    I admire one of my best friends because she is very brave compared to me and she is extremely creative and kind. She often befriends people who don't have friends and she is really supportive of everyone.
    What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?
    Hello. ^^
    What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?
    I am agnostic, but I do feel that there is more than the physical world. I can't imagine that there is no reason to life and the idea that I will no longer exist after death scares me.
    What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?
    My beliefs normally align with the left I think? Although, I don't like to label it because if a new issue came up the majority of those who agree with me might disagree on that and it just seems strange to me. I am non-binary and mixed race so as many of the racist or transphobic people I know are more on the right I am drawn away from there. I care about politics but I don't feel very strongly about my beliefs and I do not like the way politics are.
    Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?
    I probably would not want to start a business because it sounds scary and I don't know how that works. I don't know what the “role” question means but I avoid leadership roles. If I were to make a business it would probably be something simple but I would try to make the most ethical and healthy version of a product I was producing, and maybe something more affordable for most people.
    What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?
    I like subtler and slower environments. I also prefer smaller environments where people are close and friendly. I'm not sure what I would look for in a job.
    What is or was your favorite school subject and why?
    Whether or not I enjoy a subject often depends on how it is taught but overall I like math as it is easy and fun for me.
    How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?
    I try to be responsible but I have a lot to improve on related to that. I tend to expect for people to be more available for me than they are.
    Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?
    I don't really go on vacations.
    What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?
    When I was younger I didn't really know what it meant to have a friend. My friends were just the ones that I would follow around.
    What was your high school experience like?
    I haven't finished, but so far it is similar to middle school.
    Talk about a significant event from your life.
    (CW: abuse) When I was younger my parents would argue a lot. My dad would hide things from my mom when she didn't do what he wanted and we had to hide from him that we went out to eat because he would get mad at my mom for going out though he was always at work or drinking late with his friends. Once, he hit my mom and pushed her head into a wall so she got a concussion and he went to jail. After he got out he broke the no contact order between him and my mom, so eventually we moved out because the house belonged to his dad. We moved around a bit and stayed at a hotel that exploded and we lost almost everything we had. I think these things might relate to why I am so often scared now.
    Do you like kids? Why or why not?
    I like kids because I enjoy seeing young people learn about/explore the world and themselves. I also want to help influence the future of young people for the better.
    Last edited by februarysprout; 10-11-2020 at 01:42 AM.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The shy goody two shoes types
    from most to least likely

SEI-Si>EII>IEI-Ni>ESI-Fi>LII>SLI-Si

LIE, ILE, LSE, and SLE are collectively the most obnoxious people in the socion. One of them is probably your dual.
    click, speeds growth..

TIM
    LII-Ne (INTj)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I wanted to thank you, and I tried to like what you said but I think I liked the post as a whole instead? Sorry, I'm new to this, but, again, thank you very much! I will try looking into those types more.♡

TIM
    LSI-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just keep in mind that you are young and as such not fully developed, which can make typing difficult. Also, forget about MBTI while you are here, that shit is useless.

You seem to have weak Se, maybe valued. I'm seeing more Fe than Fi in you here.

You touched on this in a way in your questionnaire but I would like more information on this:

Do you rely on other people pushing you in order to attain your goals or other tasks (both in the moment and for the future) or are you capable of easily doing this yourself? Do you enjoy or need this prodding?

Another useful thing would be for you to go here: https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/quadras/ to read up on the quadras and tell us which you think you would fit in the best with. I again have some ideas from your answers but more is needed.

TIM
    LSI-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybel View Post
    What is this? Look for specific signs of information elements, or quadra values, or ask more questions if you have no idea. You are just adding to the confusion by suggesting a type from every crack of the universe.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    What is this? Look for specific signs of information elements, or quadra values, or ask more questions if you have no idea. You are just adding to the confusion by suggesting a type from every crack of the universe.
    ?Every type? u blind bro?

I think I narrowed it down pretty well. There is way in hell that they're a LIE, for example. I sense 1D/ignoring Te and 1D/ignoring Se. Possibly good F. People are usually too narrowminded when it comes to questionnaires, but I didn't want to just list random types either. That's why I listed it from most possible to least possible. A clear ranking system. The top three I listed are the most probable, others not so much but still possible. Anything else is highly unlikely. It's better for them to research by themselves, they know themselves better than anyone else after all.
    click, speeds growth..

TIM
    LSI-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

?Every type? u blind bro?

I think I narrowed it down pretty well. There is way in hell that they're a LIE, for example. I sense 1D/ignoring Te and 1D/ignoring Se. Possibly good F. People are usually too narrowminded when it comes to questionnaires, but I didn't want to just list random types either. That's why I listed it from most possible to least possible. A clear ranking system. The top three I listed are the most probable, others not so much but still possible. Anything else is highly unlikely. It's better for them to research by themselves, they know themselves better than anyone else after all.
    Yes definitely weak Te and Se, this is the type of thing you should highlight more, looking at it from my point of view I'm seeing a very negligible difference in your rankings. 2.01 is greater than 2 after all. Also the seemingly random throwing around of contrasting subtypes in opposing quadras.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes definitely weak Te and Se, this is the type of thing you should highlight more, looking at it from my point of view I'm seeing a very negligible difference in your rankings. 2.01 is greater than 2 after all. Also the seemingly random throwing around of contrasting subtypes in opposing quadras.
    I dislike that "definiteness" you speak of, doesn't allow for much flexibility. They are a nonbinary now but I suspect they were raised as a girl. I have met extremely soft and nice LII and SLI girls, almost F type like, that is why I included them. It's not super common but some LIIs can definitely be impractical. SEI-Si and EII can be extremely similar from a superficial point of view. They may be from different quadras but that doesn't make it not difficult to differentiate, especially because OP made a questionnaire and not a video, where valued Fe is more apparent. Those were the two I saw most probable for OP.
    @februarysprout What do you think? Have you decided anything for or against any values?
    click, speeds growth..

TIM
    LII-Ne (INTj)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dislike that "definiteness" you speak of, doesn't allow for much flexibility. They are a nonbinary now but I suspect they were raised as a girl. I have met extremely soft and nice LII and SLI girls, almost F type like, that is why I included them. It's not super common but some LIIs can definitely be impractical. SEI-Si and EII can be extremely similar from a superficial point of view. They may be from different quadras but that doesn't make it not difficult to differentiate, especially because OP made a questionnaire and not a video, where valued Fe is more apparent. Those were the two I saw most probable for OP.
    @februarysprout What do you think? Have you decided anything for or against any values?
    Since I'm still pretty new to this I'm not still not to sure and I don't know what you mean by values, I'm sorry. From what I've read so far it seems that there are 2 information elements that are both strong and valued for someone, 2 that are just valued, 2 that are strong but ignored and 2 that are both weak and ignored, but I'm still not really sure. I've been working on some things so I haven't had too much time to research. I think I took a test to see which information elements were stronger/more preferred (I don't know which) and I scored higher on all of the introverted ones, and I think se was very low. Also, I don't know if it would be important to mention that even though I tend to be pretty understand of other's emotions I feel as if my own are disconnected from others and instead of using my feelings to understand theirs I use my mind, I guess. Also, thank you so much for helping me in trying to figure it out I really appreciate it! ^^

TIM
    LII-Ne (INTj)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just keep in mind that you are young and as such not fully developed, which can make typing difficult. Also, forget about MBTI while you are here, that shit is useless.

You seem to have weak Se, maybe valued. I'm seeing more Fe than Fi in you here.

You touched on this in a way in your questionnaire but I would like more information on this:

Do you rely on other people pushing you in order to attain your goals or other tasks (both in the moment and for the future) or are you capable of easily doing this yourself? Do you enjoy or need this prodding?

Another useful thing would be for you to go here: https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/quadras/ to read up on the quadras and tell us which you think you would fit in the best with. I again have some ideas from your answers but more is needed.
    Hi, I just read over the quadras, but they all seemed around 50% accurate. They had a similar amount of things I didn't feel that I related to so I can't really tell much. I'm a bit worried I'm making this too difficult myself in some way, so I apologise for that, but I don't think I am, at least not consciously. Also, I'm normally pretty ambitious with my goals concerning the future but other than in my planning I'm not very independent. I often seek help from other people to actually do something about my ambitious instead of dreaming about them.

I didn't want to re-write what I had written but I just looked again at the quadrats because I felt bad not giving any information especially while you're doing something to help me. The Alpha one was fairly accurate until the “Te blocked with Ni” section as I prefer receiving advice over experiencing something myself and I also don't joke very much and I think I'm a bit more open to negativity. There were a couple parts in the beta one that I related to but overall not much. I related to the beginning of the gamma one I think, but not the rest, and the delta one I related to about half of.

Thank you so much!! ♡

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@februarysprout

Here is a great description of the differences between your two most likely types. No rush, a lot of people change their minds later.

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    This has been circling around my head for a while now; it's rather upsetting actually to continuously try to explain some people that they are not INFj; whether you spell that INFJ or EII, doesn't matter much.

I would like to begin with my discussion about general demeanor of both types and why some SEI confuse themselves with EII and you may add more reasons if you wish.

There are a lot of similarities and things they have in common both internally and externally, but the things that really distinguish them are, and words to describe them are the following:

SEI - fun, unassuming, down to earth; are a lot more willing to enjoy drinks and laughter, where silly things can be viewed, can be had and enjoyed with others. Because of the sympathetic nature of an SEI, “they can be deeply affected by the pain, unhappiness, or misfortune of others, but hide their vulnerability behind a veneer of detachment, appearing cool and removed.” Because they use the tool of TRUST, an SEI is far more likely than an EII to be more closed to select people, choosing who is privy to their deep thoughts and feelings, this is where Fi minus comes in. Overly sensitive. Because they are not forthcoming of their hurt feelings and resentments, they hold on to their feelings for a long time unlike an EII who has a magical ability to let go and move on and never mention or bring up the past. Because they take worries on to their shoulders, worries about people, family, stuff, they look like and EII, a concerned human who wants to help, this is very true, both can be like this. Both types are unassertive and can be taken an advantage of. They look for the best in others, but this is an individual bases as opposed to humanity. They rarely criticize the actions or beliefs of others. Live in the present moment where they find pleasure and joy in simple things -company, food, friends, etc. Don't plan as much as EII, not by a long shot. I have responded to posts by forum members who I type SEI and I often say “well, didn't you plan for this situation so that you could have been prepared by the various outcome of events that may have turned out?” and rightfully so. They can become pessimistic when things turn bad down the road because they didn't see things coming. Their living space may be cluttered, full of things that don't match or belong, looks like “lived in” style.

EII - integrity, courage; prefer a serious environment; their vision, creativity, and originality is used in the service of others (notice I said service and not just help) to offer patience and support. Great at thinking up (cleaver) new and better ways to help people get their needs met (you are having trouble with food, hang around this area or go here and they will help you); this allows an EII to circumvent the world of what needs are being offered to people, not for them particularly but for those they love. "Are willing to subject themselves to skepticism or criticism in order to make their vision, which is driven by their strong values a reality." (which is uncharacteristic of SEI). Single minded narrowness. Have fierce determination, courage, stand up to all odds and keep going. Led by their values, by seriousness of outlook on the welfare of people and humanity translates to a serious person, they need to be reminded to relax, to enjoy lighter and pleasurable moments. When feelings hurt they pass easily. Have no trouble criticizing others actions. Live almost entirely in the past or in the future, plan plan plan. They do extensive preplanning on almost everything. In their living space, they like minimalist, clutter free, flowing aesthetic environment and try to keep their environment the same way.

Both being excellent friends and listeners is one area where an SEI may confuse themselves for an EII; both want to provide support to others because one empathizes (EII) and the other offers sympathy (you can be there for the person who is suffering). Both are typically gentle and soft spoken, and both usually don't like to call attention to themselves. Both navigate the world of human relations and are concerned about keeping harmony. Both can be honest and trustworthy; because of WEAK Se and IGNORING Se SEI can look like EII in that they are both fail to take reality into account, they miss essential details, and choose to ignore essential facts, an SEI with this regard isn't likely to consider other facts; but unlike SEI, an EII through ideal is likely to take up a position, believing in that and thus acting dismissive of others and being judgmental of other views. They both have expectations about people's behaviors, but an EII is undemanding unlike an SEI; both can be stubborn and unyielding; both can enjoy art, both can like dancing, both enjoy planning, both are gentle, sensitive, and compassionate; both are committed and loyal to friends and family THIS IS NOT Fi, and both can look modest and reserved. Both are intensely private, and thus they conceal their true nature from others or their true problems and selves; both do not like to control and resist; they both work quietly and behind the scenes in various ways.
    click, speeds growth..

TIM
    LII-Ne (INTj)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@februarysprout

Here is a great description of the differences between your two most likely types. No rush, a lot of people change their minds later.
    Thanks again! This helped a lot. :) I think I'm probably EII because I've always had trouble living in the moment, I'm definitely in my head and thinking about the past or present often, and it's something I struggle with a lot. I also don't do very well in trying to join in relaxing or fun either. Although, there's still a few things that I don't really relate to with the EII. I'm not very good at taking critical or letting go of something that hurt me. I tend to hold it in like the description of SEI. I'm also not as courageous as the description of EII. I'm determined in my goals but if I come to an obstacle I normally sit and wait for something to change. I'll continue focusing on my future and planning but I skip over the part with the obstacle in my mind.
    I also looked at the dichotomies, I think, and about 5 of mine were different from what it said EII's were, but it still said I was most like EII overall. I wanted to ask if the dichotomy traits had to align with the type and this would mean that I was wrong about the traits or if it's possible for mine to not fully align with any type and just be closest to one? There have been a couple of other things that didn't really fit with EII either, which is why I wanted to consider other types even though I always got that result on tests (except once I got LII) and I wanted to ask a real person instead, but I think they are minor enough for me to still be that type. :) I know I've thanked you twice or thrice already but thanks again again! ^^

TIM
    LSI-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by februarysprout View Post
    Hi, I just read over the quadras, but they all seemed around 50% accurate. They had a similar amount of things I didn't feel that I related to so I can't really tell much. I'm a bit worried I'm making this too difficult myself in some way, so I apologise for that, but I don't think I am, at least not consciously. Also, I'm normally pretty ambitious with my goals concerning the future but other than in my planning I'm not very independent. I often seek help from other people to actually do something about my ambitious instead of dreaming about them.

I didn't want to re-write what I had written but I just looked again at the quadrats because I felt bad not giving any information especially while you're doing something to help me. The Alpha one was fairly accurate until the “Te blocked with Ni” section as I prefer receiving advice over experiencing something myself and I also don't joke very much and I think I'm a bit more open to negativity. There were a couple parts in the beta one that I related to but overall not much. I related to the beginning of the gamma one I think, but not the rest, and the delta one I related to about half of.

Thank you so much!! ♡
    Typing isn't simple, no matter if it's yourself or others, no need to apologize. Well if you relate to both alpha and delta more than you are probably Ne-Si valuing and what I thought could have been Se valuing in others is probably Te valuing.

EII could be the one. I wouldn't base anything off of Reinin dichotomies, some of them are useful and the rest are not.

You could also try to read up on other types and try to determine which information elements you think you value in others to make sure your axis is correct.

TIM
    LII-Ne (INTj)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typing isn't simple, no matter if it's yourself or others, no need to apologize. Well if you relate to both alpha and delta more than you are probably Ne-Si valuing and what I thought could have been Se valuing in others is probably Te valuing.

EII could be the one. I wouldn't base anything off of Reinin dichotomies, some of them are useful and the rest are not.

You could also try to read up on other types and try to determine which information elements you think you value in others to make sure your axis is correct.
    Okay! I will do that. :)

TIM
    3w2? LIE-Ni sx/so
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The shy goody two shoes types
    from most to least likely

LIE, ILE, LSE, and SLE are collectively the most obnoxious people in the socion. One of them is probably your dual.
    Oh gosh, I really have adored LIE, ILE, LSE, and SLE people. I find type-bigotry comments like X 'are collectively the most obnoxious people in the socion' to be obnoxious, though
    ENTj-Ni sx/so

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    Oh gosh, I really have adored LIE, ILE, LSE, and SLE people. I find type-bigotry comments like X 'are collectively the most obnoxious people in the socion' to be obnoxious, though
    Liking and finding people obnoxious aren't incompatible things. My ILE and LSE friends are my favorite people in the world but they definitely have some... rough sides. This is true for every 1D Fi person I have encountered. The LSE is loud and makes unintentionally degrading comments. The ILE is highly defensive and moody in a cute puppy-like way. I love them both.

I was simply trying to help OP, as they implied they have an odd fondness for these people, who are most likely to be 1D Fi. I apologize for not being politically correct enough. Terribly offensive stuff.

edit: the last part was sarcasm

There's literally a dude on this forum that makes rants on how black people have lower IQ. Why not go bother that guy? Also life protip making moralizing comments does absolutely nothing most of the time, usually makes the person more defensive and feel bad, a softer approach would garner more results
    Last edited by Cybel; 10-11-2020 at 06:20 AM.
    click, speeds growth..

TIM
    3w2? LIE-Ni sx/so
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liking and finding people obnoxious aren't incompatible things.
    I agree.

My ILE and LSE friends are my favorite people in the world but they definitely have some... rough sides. This is true for every 1D Fi person I have encountered. The LSE is loud and makes unintentionally degrading comments. The ILE is highly defensive and moody in a cute puppy-like way. I love them both.
    Yeah, I want to point out that's influenced by who you are and how you interact with their dynamic. It's not their identity that they are inherently annoying.

I was simply trying to help OP, as they implied they have an odd fondness for these people, who are most likely to be 1D Fi. I apologize for not being politically correct enough. Terribly offensive stuff.
    I think it's great you wanted to be helpful. You also called types annoying, like it's their trait not your interaction.

And...when ppl are told their about their words, they could listen to it and not take it as an attack but recognize it as useful information, that they didn't intend to hurt someone, and that knowing ramifications of how they were talking is useful.

But sometimes ppl sound deeply offended about saying something offensive. it seems deeply recursive...ironic...and hypocritical
    ENTj-Ni sx/so

TIM
    LSI-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Liking and finding people obnoxious aren't incompatible things. My ILE and LSE friends are my favorite people in the world but they definitely have some... rough sides. This is true for every 1D Fi person I have encountered. The LSE is loud and makes unintentionally degrading comments. The ILE is highly defensive and moody in a cute puppy-like way. I love them both.
    I hate to further derail this thread but are you basing your conclusions about these types being "obnoxious" on old MBTI stereotypes and the fact that you know one person of each of these types and now assume everyone else who is like that must be one of those types? That's going to lead to many incorrect typings and yet you were saying that I was being too definitive earlier.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to further derail this thread but are you basing your conclusions about these types being "obnoxious" on old MBTI stereotypes and the fact that you know one person of each of these types and now assume everyone else who is like that must be one of those types? That's going to lead to many incorrect typings and yet you were saying that I was being too definitive earlier.
    Hm. I think you guys are reading too much into cursory statements. People like to unfairly bitch on specific types based on their subjective real life experiences all the time, why don’t you go after them? My tone was meant to be read lightheartedly. Including the goody two shoes part. I wasn’t being 100% serious when I said that, btw, I think most people can catch that. And hey, in the end, I helped OP get a start to their typing journey, that’s what counts the most IG. Bye
    click, speeds growth..

TIM
    3w2? LIE-Ni sx/so
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. I think you guys are reading too much into cursory statements. People like to unfairly bitch on specific types based on their subjective real life experiences all the time, why don’t you go after them? My tone was meant to be read lightheartedly. Including the goody two shoes part. I wasn’t being 100% serious when I said that, btw, I think most people can catch that. And hey, in the end, I helped OP get a start to their typing journey, that’s what counts the most IG. Bye
    We do confront them when we see them, and it isn't going after someone to confront them. It isn't hostile
    ENTj-Ni sx/so

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    We do confront them when we see them, and it isn't going after someone to confront them. It isn't hostile
    I think the issue is your "confronting" is most people's "unnecessarily being a dick"

I said something in a joking manner and now you seem to have framed it as if I was being an asshole. I got irritated because of that.

I don't dislike you. But I'm suggesting you think more long term about this. Out of all of your confrontations, has it genuinely changed anyone's mind or made them apologize? If not maybe a different approach is warranted

edit: OK im sorry. that was immature of me and I could have been nicer about it. you’re a kind person and have been through a lot, but there are definitely ways to smoothen interactions, de-escalate, and not derail threads, which is inconsiderate and ruins a lot of thread potentials. admittedly i also messed up in that aspect

Last edited by Cybel; 10-12-2020 at 02:20 AM.
    click, speeds growth..

TIM
    LII-Ne (INTj)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the issue is your "confronting" is most people's "unnecessarily being a dick"

I said something in a joking manner and now you seem to have framed it as if I was being an asshole. I got irritated because of that.

I don't dislike you. But I'm suggesting you think more long term about this. Out of all of your confrontations, has it genuinely changed anyone's mind or made them apologize? If not maybe a different approach is warranted

edit: OK im sorry. that was immature of me and I could have been nicer about it. you’re a kind person and have been through a lot, but there are definitely ways to smoothen interactions, de-escalate, and not derail threads, which is inconsiderate and ruins a lot of thread potentials. admittedly i also messed up in that aspect

Hi, I wanted to say a couple things:

The first is that I appreciate you apologising. The thread was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable to read. I think it makes sense for you to have gotten irritated, though. It was obvious to me you were joking, but I guess not to them and it was just a misunderstanding. I don't think you really did anything wrong, other than responding before calming down maybe, but hardly anyone does, and it's difficult to know you need to calm down sometimes, so I don't blame you, but I want to thank you anyway. :) It was nice to see.

The other thing is that I wanted to thank you for including LII because I decided to read through it and I found that I related to it a lot; more than I related to EII. Almost everything I read for LII was accurate to me and when I read a comparison of LII and EII, it became really obvious to me that I'm probably LII instead. I think because of my sensitivity and care for/interest in people, I didn't consider logical types and I think that also influenced my answers in tests, and that's why I would get EII but doubt it still. I also realized that even though I'm understanding of emotions, I get confused about how to respond to them or why there are being expressed some way. I'm really happy I looked through this because it fits so well so thank you! ^^

TIM
    3w2? LIE-Ni sx/so
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People can't tell your tone in text. But...even joking that someone's type is inherently obnoxious is going to create problems. The people that are getting bitter and come on here with broken hearts will calcify when they read posts like you made.

I appreciate your sharing how you felt attacked. That's useful feedback. And, I'm going to have a better approach in future when I point out how someone's actions can harm people. It is not me attacking you. Calling a type obnoxious so bluntly is destructive.
    ENTj-Ni sx/so