Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman
    "Si is perception of internal impressions" or something to that effect, but that's difficult to explain to someone -- what are these inner impressions like? How is it distinct from feeling?
    This probably crosses over with symptoms of alexithymia. This is probably why I can't understand the experience of it as the feeling as in sensation is quite separated from myself including the feel of as in feeling.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Homicidal Maniac 007 View Post
    This probably crosses over with symptoms of alexithymia. This is probably why I can't understand the experience of it as the feeling as in sensation is quite separated from myself including the feel of as in feeling.
    Actually I have alexithymia but I have no problem with sensations. I would agree that the sensation is separated from myself, but that's supposed to be Se in socionics. ... Also alexithymia in the literature has been associated with Jung's Extraverted Sensing.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Homicidal Maniac 007 View Post
    We use the word "feel" as a verb for physical sensation. No one ever says "When I touch silk it senses soft." or " Let me sense your hands? They sense cold." instead we say "feel", but we aren't talking about an emotion, so the word "feel" and "feeling" in the realm of sensations can just be replaced with the word sense. We usually use sense as a verb for intuition "I sense something coming." but we aren't talking about sensation.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    We use the word "feel" as a verb for physical sensation. No one ever says "When I touch silk it senses soft." or " Let me sense your hands? They sense cold." instead we say "feel", but we aren't talking about an emotion, so the word "feel" and "feeling" in the realm of sensations can just be replaced with the word sense. We usually use sense as a verb for intuition "I sense something coming." but we aren't talking about sensation.
    Well feelings and sensations pretty much overlap in some brain areas. On purpose, as many functions of emotion are closely related to the body. Don't try to make sense of this in a socionical context - Socionics is wrong here (unsurprising), science investigated this more objectively.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    Well feelings and sensations pretty much overlap in some brain areas. On purpose, as many functions of emotion are closely related to the body. Don't try to make sense of this in a socionical context - Socionics is wrong here (unsurprising), science investigated this more objectively.
    I do think emotions have sensations for sure. But that doesn't mean sensations from objects are always emotional when we say "This feels soft".

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think for you it's more a matter of physical details provide facts. Like a "It's true it was brown, it's true it was big, it's true it was jagged, it's true it had moss." You mind builds a logical framework based off the tangible evidence, the more details/data the stronger and more concrete the framework? I'm making a huge assumption with all that.
    The more sensory details the more grounded it all feels and just the more easy on my brain. I don't really associate this with logical processing or frameworks though sure it's way easier to analyse when you have enough data. I'm like I just take in the sensory data and then at one point I guess I can organise logically and then have some judgment or conclusion ready.

I do think emotions have sensations for sure. But that doesn't mean sensations from objects are always emotional when we say "This feels soft".
    Yeah I wasn't trying to say that

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    The more sensory details the more grounded it all feels and just the more easy on my brain. I don't really associate this with logical processing or frameworks though sure it's way easier to analyse when you have enough data. I'm like I just take in the sensory data and then at one point I guess I can organise logically and then have some judgment or conclusion ready.

Yeah I wasn't trying to say that
    For some reason when people say grounded I never know what they mean. Maybe that's my Se PoLR.