Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Soc 1 anger

  1. #1
    chocolatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 417
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Soc 1 anger

    I'm not a 1 but these past days I'm quite 1-ish especially lately and it's really unusual for me to be so explicitly angry. I used to rarely anger but these past years I've noticed I started letting myself feel it without judging it and it's very freeing.

    Anyway, a few days ago I was writing about my day and out of nowhere something came up (has to do with my health.. not even related to others) and i got really mad and frustrated so much that I couldn't sleep, so much anger I didn't even realize I had within me. I think some resentment and frustration has been building up recently but..

    When I'm angry I get very cold, overcritical, harsh, rigid, sharp.. want to say the cruelest things to the people close to me, but of course I can't act it out

    Idk what happened but ever since that night, whenever I get moment to myself I start getting so worked up and angry towards someone. I see all their flaws and normally it wouldn't bother me, but now I can't get over it. It's obviously not rational and I realize it in my mind, but it's like, there's something fundamentally wrong with them, they're wrong, and they SHOULD be better, and I want to hurt them and make them see that they're wrong and have them hurt about it and I know I CAN, I have the power I would know just what to say to hit them where it hurts most all I have to do is say it... I want them to see they're wrong and HURT about it And any stupid thing I've noted in the past about a person that I didn't particularly care about then, I'm just so mad about it all now out of the blue.

    Now what is disconcerting to me is that, well as a 4, I'm used to feeling intense emotions a lot (thought not anger) so it's not rly a big deal, but usually if I just express it in some form or sleep it off, it fades off. But it's not happening for this! I've yelled at my notebook, spent an hour talking about every reason I hate (not actually.. it's the anger speaking) the people around me to my closest friend (bless her), I pounded angrily at the piano for a bit, have been listening to aggressive music.. and yeah the immediate emotion fizzles off after like an hour of intense (pathetic) seething, and at first I thought, ok now it'll be gone. But then it keeps coming back! It doesn't actually go away.

    I don't really know what to think since this hasn't ever happened before, and it's also so strange because it seems pretty out of the blue.
    I don't want to be angry and it might not be long before I lose some restraint and start making subtle cold harsh jabs to those close to me and basically hurt them and push them away which I DON'T WANT
    what is going on and what can I do about it? If it matters, my fix is 1w9

    I'm used to managing my emotions in a manner that works as a 4, but this feels outside of it and I don't really know what to do

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Heaven and Hell Samson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    TIM
    LSI
    Posts
    424
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anger is very important!

    It serves as a function to let you know that you find yourself in disagreement with the world around you. More specifically, your direct circumstances are not what you need them to be. While anger is easily redirected towards people in your life, they may not be the direct cause of your disagreeable situation. It might help to write out your goals and desires and note how they might differ from your present situation. If your present reality differs from your needs, then you can take action to further your reality towards your goals.

    If you can begin thinking and acting this way, then the feeling of anger will follow because now you will have effectively turned your anger and frustration into productive ways that will lead to a more unified sense of self.


  3. #3
    peteronfireee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,121
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    I'm used to managing my emotions in a manner that works as a 4, but this feels outside of it and I don't really know what to do

    Thank you!
    Sometimes we can be irritable due to a lota things:

    --Change in meds/diet
    --Hormones
    --Hunger
    --Lack of sleep
    --Stress
    --Anxiety
    --Depression

    This irritability can lead to anger, and this anger can lead to action(s) we may regret later.

    It takes practice, but next time u feel irritable

    Try doing nothing. Just let it sit there... Eventually it will pass.

    This is not easy, it's hard, and yeah, it's uncomfortable.

    But it takes practice to be unreactive. Just observe yourself in the third person.

    Emotions always pass with due time... We can't take back our words and actions

  4. #4
    chocolatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 417
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireee View Post
    Sometimes we can be irritable due to a lota things:

    --Change in meds/diet
    --Hormones
    --Hunger
    --Lack of sleep
    --Stress
    --Anxiety
    --Depression

    This irritability can lead to anger, and this anger can lead to action(s) we may regret later.

    It takes practice, but next time u feel irritable

    Try doing nothing. Just let it sit there... Eventually it will pass.

    This is not easy, it's hard, and yeah, it's uncomfortable.

    But it takes practice to be unreactive. Just observe yourself in the third person.

    Emotions always pass with due time... We can't take back our words and actions
    well that's the thing, trying to let it pass hasn't worked. i think the worst thing to do would be nothing because then resentment will unconsciously build up even more-- it won't just go away. i'm already pretty unreactive and don't acknowledge/realize anger unless it's un-ignorable, and this is probably why i got to this point in the first place.

  5. #5
    chocolatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 417
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Anger is very important!

    It serves as a function to let you know that you find yourself in disagreement with the world around you. More specifically, your direct circumstances are not what you need them to be. While anger is easily redirected towards people in your life, they may not be the direct cause of your disagreeable situation. It might help to write out your goals and desires and note how they might differ from your present situation. If your present reality differs from your needs, then you can take action to further your reality towards your goals.

    If you can begin thinking and acting this way, then the feeling of anger will follow because now you will have effectively turned your anger and frustration into productive ways that will lead to a more unified sense of self.
    Thank you. how can I avoid not becoming too perfectionistic about everything I do to reach my goals? in the past i've had periods when i had the highest standards for everything i must be and do in order to improve the situation and got really strung up and stressed without realizing it.

  6. #6
    peteronfireee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,121
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    well that's the thing, trying to let it pass hasn't worked. i think the worst thing to do would be nothing because then resentment will unconsciously build up even more-- it won't just go away. i'm already pretty unreactive and don't acknowledge/realize anger unless it's un-ignorable, and this is probably why i got to this point in the first place.
    It's okay if u can't figure it out exactly rn, u will eventually figure it out and it'll be all good and everything will be okay. ur loved regardless

  7. #7
    chocolatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 417
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireee View Post
    It's okay if u can't figure it out exactly rn, u will eventually figure it out and it'll be all good and everything will be okay. ur loved regardless
    =)

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,178
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    E1 accented on seeking problems and making improvements.
    An anger is common reaction on problems, though it's secondary and is not even obligate.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  9. #9
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    (ง •̀_•́)ง
    TIM
    Se-LSI- Harmonizing
    Posts
    1,266
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    >) I like how 3 LSIs are responding to this thread.. weird af

  10. #10
    chocolatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 417
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    >) I like how 3 LSIs are responding to this thread.. weird af
    very sus indeed
    so what are you guys secretly planning..

  11. #11
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    (ง •̀_•́)ง
    TIM
    Se-LSI- Harmonizing
    Posts
    1,266
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    very sus indeed
    so what are you guys secretly planning..
    Katherine's descriptions imo are good, maybe you'll find some clues in there:
    E1: https://www.katherinefauvre.com/types
    E4: https://www.katherinefauvre.com/type-four

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •