Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    DEAD
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Maybe it would be better if you assess yourself on Fi and Fe scale first. Do you mostly follow the mood of the social environment even if you feel otherwise?
    Delta STs are terrible at this, just like Gamma NTs. Either they know what they’ll say will ruin the mood or not, but either way they’ll rather put their views out there. It’s normal for these types to be social blackholes (at least for Fe valuers)
    No, I don't see the point. Not that I can't most of the time, I just don't and I say what's on my mind and things when it has to be said.

TIM
    DEAD
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

So it is also the case that you don't really have the need to be validated by others and have your feelings reciprocated (you may appreciate if people react to you but overall you just care about your own conviction)? If so, you should just focus on Delta and Gamma types.
    I barely care about either, to be fair.

TIM
    DEAD
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Question Me, meow

You should consider Delta/Gamma types but just to be sure you should check for Ti too. Why do you think you could be Ti ego?
    Yeah, if I am a Delta type, it's going to be an ST type because I do not think that I am intuitive, feeling type (NF) because I don't use Ne as a dominant function, and I don't have PoLR/Role Se. I definitely am not an idealist, nor am I much of a Humanitarian at all. I've been called pragmatic more times than I have a humanist. I do think that if Quadras have any value to them (which they might, but to me they come across as pretty "clique-ish", which may also be a product of the translations from Russian as well). I guess I have to do more research into the Quadras and see if they're as valid as I think they are:

I think maybe I have Ti because:

• I want things to make sense for me, no matter what the case may be.
    • I like to organise things based on an order that I think works best based on size (probably not Ti, but anyway).
    • I like to learn things, and for them to be effective.
    • I like to store up facts, and I like to accumulate knowledge about topics.
    • I admit that I like to debate things for fun, but it's not a priority of mine.
    • I try to be conistent and calm when I can (it's mostly my default mode).
    • I also admit that I'm not the best arguer in terms of 'logic', unless I have my facts straight and my arguments ready (again, probably just common debate practice), but I can convince people nonetheless.

That's what I think. A lot of people think I am either SLE or SEE. It's mostly the SLE that think I am SEE, and the SEE that think I am SLE, weirdly enough. I also get the odd SLI/SLE suggestion, and have gotten LSI before. It's weird.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your self-description seems inconsistent which may point to XEE but this may be due to word selection also:

to make sense, no matter what the case may be is more T-like
    organise things based on an order is certainly Se
    to learn things, and for them to be effective is more Ip-like
    store up facts, and accumulate knowledge is more Ip-like
    like to debate things for fun is more N-like
    consistent and calm is more Ij-like
    not the best arguer and arguments ready is more Ij-like

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    DEAD
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Your self-description seems inconsistent which may point to XEE but this may be due to word selection also:

to make sense, no matter what the case may be is more T-like
    organise things based on an order is certainly Se
    to learn things, and for them to be effective is more Ip-like
    store up facts, and accumulate knowledge is more Ip-like
    like to debate things for fun is more N-like
    consistent and calm is more Ij-like
    not the best arguer and arguments ready is more Ij-like

a.k.a. I/O
    To be honest, some of the most inconsistent people I know are logical types and I don't think that has much to do with Typology in general. I think that's just "human things" and should be accounted for as such. No one is going to be totally consistent, or inconsistent. I don't know why that's counted as a part of a type at all. And I'm not really expecting to be accurately typed from that list. I'm just giving reasons and thoughts on the spot as to why I might be Ti ego. But thanks for your insight and breakdown of things but according that, I am probably more ST than SF or NF.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    To be honest, some of the most inconsistent people I know are logical types and I don't think that has much to do with Typology in general. I think that's just "human things" and should be accounted for as such. No one is going to be totally consistent, or inconsistent. I don't know why that's counted as a part of a type at all. And I'm not really expecting to be accurately typed from that list. I'm just giving reasons and thoughts on the spot as to why I might be Ti ego. But thanks for your insight and breakdown of things but according that, I am probably more ST than SF or NF.
    Barring psychological problems that would make any type inconsistent, Eps tend to be unfocused with respect to themselves mostly because their noses are pointed outward. They can be very objective and pursue things relentlessly but they simply don't seem to give much priority to analysis as if they don't really want the answer because they're only in it for the journey and the novel information that it might produce. This is perhaps why their duals are critical observers. I've had to stop many Ep and nail their feet to the floor in order to get a product because when they're forced to think seriously long enough, they can be the most insightful. However, many seem to lose faith in themselves and their abilities.

a.k.a. I/O

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    Yeah, if I am a Delta type, it's going to be an ST type because I do not think that I am intuitive, feeling type (NF) because I don't use Ne as a dominant function, and I don't have PoLR/Role Se. I definitely am not an idealist, nor am I much of a Humanitarian at all. I've been called pragmatic more times than I have a humanist. I do think that if Quadras have any value to them (which they might, but to me they come across as pretty "clique-ish", which may also be a product of the translations from Russian as well). I guess I have to do more research into the Quadras and see if they're as valid as I think they are:

I think maybe I have Ti because:

• I want things to make sense for me, no matter what the case may be.
    • I like to organise things based on an order that I think works best based on size (probably not Ti, but anyway).
    • I like to learn things, and for them to be effective.
    • I like to store up facts, and I like to accumulate knowledge about topics.
    • I admit that I like to debate things for fun, but it's not a priority of mine.
    • I try to be conistent and calm when I can (it's mostly my default mode).
    • I also admit that I'm not the best arguer in terms of 'logic', unless I have my facts straight and my arguments ready (again, probably just common debate practice), but I can convince people nonetheless.

That's what I think. A lot of people think I am either SLE or SEE. It's mostly the SLE that think I am SEE, and the SEE that think I am SLE, weirdly enough. I also get the odd SLI/SLE suggestion, and have gotten LSI before. It's weird.
    You are really helping me understand the SEE in my life. I puzzle over how she thinks but Socionics perspective helps.

Can you please give me some examples of organizing things based on size?
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"