Thread: RPG "Mob rules"

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I check if it's possible to open the door on the south side, trying to avoid traps by not touching it with my bare hands. Does the fenced area with the lizard have a gate and is it possible to attach a rope to the locking mechanism?
    The door has no lock or latch. It seems poorly made and you can hear a person moving on the other side. The door has a handle to which you could attach a rope and the door opens away from the room you are in. Trying to open the door would certainly alert the person on the other side.

The fence around the lizard is made of iron and has a gate. The gate has a crude lock on it. Looking around you notice the key on the worktable among a number of other iron items, pliers, hammers, saws and drills.

You look at the lizard. It's about a yard long from it's snout to the tip of its tail. It's lying on a nest of straw. It might be sleeping.

What do you do?

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post
    The door has no lock or latch. It seems poorly made and you can hear a person moving on the other side. The door has a handle to which you could attach a rope and the door opens away from the room you are in. Trying to open the door would certainly alert the person on the other side.

The fence around the lizard is made of iron and has a gate. The gate has a crude lock on it. Looking around you notice the key on the worktable among a number of other iron items, pliers, hammers, saws and drills.

You look at the lizard. It's about a yard long from it's snout to the tip of its tail. It's lying on a nest of straw. It might be sleeping.

What do you do?
    I position the flask at the door and open the cap so that the fire shooting out starts to burn down the wooden door. I position myself so that when someone comes through the door I can attack them freely.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You roll the large flask on its side in front of the door and open the cap. The flames gush out and immediately start to singe the wood.

Then you put ready your axe.

The door catches flame. Smoke rises and you hope someone comes quick.

Then you hear rapid movement on the other side of the door. A person pulls the door open and yells in fear and pain as the flame jet from the bottle shoots straight at them. Sounds like a dwarven voice but he starts yelling in a goblin language. He withdraws, still yelling obviously in pain.

What do you do?

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post
    You roll the large flask on its side in front of the door and open the cap. The flames gush out and immediately start to singe the wood.

Then you put ready your axe.

The door catches flame. Smoke rises and you hope someone comes quick.

Then you hear rapid movement on the other side of the door. A person pulls the door open and yells in fear and pain as the flame jet from the bottle shoots straight at them. Sounds like a dwarven voice but he starts yelling in a goblin language. He withdraws, still yelling obviously in pain.

What do you do?
    I either cork or push the bottle to the side so that I can go through the door without getting burned and kill whoever is on the other side.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pushing the bottle is faster so you kick it away from you.
    And then you push into the room.

The dwarf is quaffing down a bottle of some read liquid and you notice the burns on his body fade away. He's dressed in a leather apron and has a large knife in his other hand. His face is dark, his head bald and wrinkled. His large muscles suggest he's certainly worked the smithy behind you. A number of glowing tattoos on his body suggest he knows a magical trick or two.

The room is the best looking bedroom you've ever seen. There's an actual wooden bed made from driftwood. There's a table made from whalebone and a bronze cabinet. There's also another flamebottle in the room, just shooting away for warmth.

The room has four doors, one on each of the four walls. (You came in through the north one.

You swing at the dwarf's head (you roll 10:37 PM) You barely miss as he dodges underneath your swing. He tries to throw a bottle at you. It crashes behind you on the wall and sticky slime spreads on the floor in a puddle.

Grinning you swing again and hit the dwarf in his left shoulder, a grievous but not yet deadly wound.

At this point the east door opens and you see the face of the familiar bugbear, flanked by at least four goblins.

What do you do?

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the slime on the floor isn't blocking my way out, i retreat to the smithy and push the flame bottle so that it keeps firing at the dwarf's bedroom. Then I go open the lock on the lizard's cage and wake it up.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The slime is not in a troublesome spot for you. While you turn back you catch a glimpse of some bugbear guts. Looks like the big guy is still in a bad shape. You run to the flame flask. At that point you feel an item hit you in the back. Glass breaks and you feel acid in your back. A horrible smell accompanies the burning sensation.
    You're down to 30% health.

(You roll 12:03 AM )
    You turn the flameflask around and you manage to catch the first goblin running at you straight in the face. The critter runs back into the other room getting in the way of others and pushing another goblin into the sticky slime.

Quickly you open the cage door and you're now next to the lizard. No one else has yet entered the room.

Now that you're near the lizard you notice the lizard has six legs. They seem very birdlike.

How do you want to wake it up or do you change your plan...
    Whad do you do?