Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
I cut the ropes so that the whale heart falls into the well and wait to see what happens, ready to attack whoever comes to investigate.
You cut the ropes and the heart falls into the well. While the heart is soft, the vice that's attached to it makes a solid crashing sound as it hits the walls of the well. The yelp of one of the hellhounds that's crushed under the falling pump seems like a bonus. Other hounds start howling.

You hear a door opening to the northwest. You leave your flashlight on the side of the well in a way that it should blind anyone coming from the northwest corridor and you run to the side of that corridor.

A creature that's much larger than a goblin comes into the room. They're wielding a shield and axe, bigger and prettier than the one you've got. You look at the hunched gait of this long-armed goblinoid and you suspect it's a bugbear.

As the creature lifts its arms in front of its face to protect itself from the light you lunge at it with your sword. (You roll 12:20 AM [I made a 24x60 table of random number functions in an excel sheet and posting schedule gives the cell where I check your 'roll'])

Your blade enters the creature's side and warm blood splashes on your face. The bugbear yells in pain and turns. You stab at it again and you can see a bit of its guts come out its stomach. The creature still lives and manages to assume a fighting position now positioning its shield between you two. He yells once more and you hear a door open at the western corridor. A number of footsteps approach.

What do you do?