Thread: Which tritype would you like to date/befriend..which enneagram are you drawn to?

Hybrid View

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 core: mixed, generally positive, but awkward re quadra values; fix: high compatibility
    2 core: mixed, generally positive, easy superficial relations or social settings; fix: hi compatibility
    3 core: great friends, great enemies; fix: idk
    4 core: awkwardness, singular strands of intimacy, generally not functional; fix: mixed
    5 core: detached, light, positive; fix: positive
    6 core: numerous BFF, often easily befriended; fix: positive
    7 core: mixed, fun at a distance, unreliable up close; fix: idk, same as core?
    8 core: great friends, sometimes enemies, but always familiar; fix - unsure. Generally understanding
    9 core: wide variety of dislike to strong appeal - when paired with Sp-first and lower emotional involvement, particularly inert to me; fix: mixed, slightly positive

I'm 8w9

I find 8s to have an interesting divide along a line of 4 and 6s, and maybe most people have an interesting divide along 4 and 6s. I know some 8s who generally have a hard time with 6s natures, and maybe I have an aura that pre-screens out the super phobic ones that I'd generally scare away? But I do ok with them. Some 8s absolutely cannot, and prefer 4s a lot more than I do. I think it has to do with some elements of inherent preference in conflict resolution and reassurance, and what kind of involvements or engagements exist (or are expected). I think it also depends on where someone's Sx is, and what they want or expect from others.

close relationships and intimate relationships are different indeed.

It's funny to observe several ennegram 6s I've been close to have a particular dislike with 9s, and to some extent, 2s. I think 6s have tension with 9s because at their best, 6s act like 9s yes......... but the way 9s are at average health, or lower than average, seems to really grate with most 6s, esp CP 6s, preferences for handling things.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post

It's funny to observe several ennegram 6s I've been close to have a particular dislike with 9s, and to some extent, 2s. I think 6s have tension with 9s because at their best, 6s act like 9s yes......... but the way 9s are at average health, or lower than average, seems to really grate with most 6s, esp CP 6s, preferences for handling things.
    I am 9 and I think I feel the same way about 6s. I admire them..but also find some of them annoying. Sometimes very haha. I think the right 6 could be pretty cool..

I get on well with 5s, 2s and 7s. 7s are probs my fave.

1s are intriguing. 9s can be interesting too.

8s and 3s- don’t know many but they seem cool.

4s- I’ve known a couple. Interesting people but it’d take me a while to trust them I think.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

5w6/3/8 sounds hot

I've been ambivalent my possible compatibility with a theoretical 5 over the years but, you know? I think the heart(or whatever) wants what it wants.

TIM
    SLE-D 8w7 863 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tritypes?What would I like? it's so different about me. we can say "those tritypes which don't hate me!" (includes no tritype, no person).
    my friend says 469 and 459 are good for me. but I doubt they can even get a bit close to me. How I appear, so aggressive, they won't be able to get close.
    I don't see soulmates practical and effective. they can be interesting but realistic, No!

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 20oWARRIORo50 View Post
    Tritypes?What would I like? it's so different about me. we can say "those tritypes which don't hate me!" (includes no tritype, no person).
    my friend says 469 and 459 are good for me. but I doubt they can even get a bit close to me. How I appear, so aggressive, they won't be able to get close.
    I don't see soulmates practical and effective. they can be interesting but realistic, No!
    which tritype are you..?

TIM
    SLE-D 8w7 863 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    which tritype are you..?

what about you?

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 20oWARRIORo50 View Post
    what about you?
    I am 946, in that order. My working theory about tritype compatibility atm is:

(for dual couples)

They need to either:

-share the 'heart' part of the tritype
    -share the 'head' part of the tritype
    -share the 'heart and gut' part of the tritype
    -share the ‘heart and head’ part of the tritype

I may be wrong lol, it's just an idea. So for me (946) that would be: 845 (heart), 826 (head), 846 (heart and head). 836, 749 could work according to that theory too but for some reason they don't feel right. 749 is too similar to me and 836 sounds intense.

edit: 847 also? Didn’t think about that..

I know an Estp guy who seems like 738. I think his gf is Infp and 639. My bro is SEE 738 or 783 (it's too complicated to work out the order)..coool guy but we do clash sometimes.

Btw this is for long term, as in marriage.

I read that there can also be E6 Estps but haven’t met one so haven’t included them in the above workings. (631..?)

Instincts need to match too: sp with sp, so with so, sx with sx.

An Istp 539 could be nice too (different idea..)

I hope there isn't anything glaringly wrong with these ideas or I'll have to delete the post later...

edit: I met a guy who I think was 369 once. 369, 258 and 147 are thought to be more balanced tritypes and compatible with a wider range of tritypes...read this somewhere

edit: don’t believe this theory anymore
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 04-06-2021 at 03:38 PM.