Hybrid View

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fireee View Post
    I prefer to play radio music in the background (normal-high volume) to keep the day going by keeping the atmosphere upbeat and energized (Fe) / (Se) I totally forgot about that preference until ESE brought it up to our attention.

IEE, however, insisted we keep the music volume on the lower end because having it too loud would make the place "feel like a club" and irritating (Si) to him. I personally disagree with this, but I respected his wishes (trying to be a team player (Ti) so we ended up playing music we could barely hear, meh o well.

Having the ESE around is kinda nice so far, takes a huge work-load off of me. She works pretty hard and is fairly competent.

When ESE and IEE talk, I notice they focus on a lot of (Ne) in their conversations; different places to travel to, novel and unique experiences, etc.,

I notice the SEI, even though he is part owner of the shop, isn't very bossy at all. As a matter of fact, if there's a problem he'll indirectly address it or avoid confrontation all together. He is extremely cordial, always offering me food, asking me if the temperature (Si) / (Fe) is okay etc and such. He's always asking me for feedback on how things are, I usually reply with some variation of "it's alright" but I'm wondering if I can give a better response?

So far, no intertype problems in the work place so far, besides the boring atmosphere when things are very slow in the shop.
    My SEI & EII family members always tell me I play music way too loud. I honestly would prefer no music to extremely quiet music. I like it to get out of my head & have some external stimulation to focus on. Makes me more energized with my day.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SadParty View Post
    My SEI & EII family members always tell me I play music way too loud. I honestly would prefer no music to extremely quiet music. I like it to get out of my head & have some external stimulation to focus on. Makes me more energized with my day.
    I'm not sure if it's type related, but it was always go big or go home w music for me... The only time I prefer quite music is if I'm trying to have a conversation w someone

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fireee View Post
    I'm not sure if it's type related, but it was always go big or go home w music for me... The only time I prefer quite music is if I'm trying to have a conversation w someone
    Same

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Entry 9: "What's your Sign?"

Throughout my career, I've had - valuing bosses / overseers - for the most part it was okay, but there was most friction when our and clashed. I often felt overloaded by redundancy and felt like a supervisor was watching my every move, criticizing me for the smallest errors

In contrast,

Having an SEI as a boss / overseer has been good so far - I don't feel like someone is breathing down my back, he is off doing his own thing, cracks jokes to lighten things up, etc /

ESE asked me what my sign was (astrology), telling me she feels like I'm not an "evil person" lol. I'm not much into astrology, but I told her I was Taurus. I am stubborn, however, lol. I make things very simple for her (), she probably appreciates that

Things are still pretty formal between all of us. I asked IEE what I could do better; he complimented me, telling me I was smart, competent, and to make sure inventory was accurate (I guess the person that worked before me did poorly with this.)

When I look at the situation, it's not like we're all working on a project together, but we each have our own assigned jobs ( a very repetitive one at that) so there isn't too many things (IM wise) clashing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Entry 10: Butt Botox Injections

This morning a customer walked in, in a very irritated state.

She complained about how painful her butt botox injections were :

"OMG its so painful, it's so big and hard!"
    She then went on and on about stuff, complaining about her situation and how bad things were for her, how small her panties were for her now etc

This, of course, put me in an irritated state but IEE came to the rescue.

I couldn't help but admire the IEE for how patient he was with her, listening to her sob story and walking her through the process. I think the and really shines for moments like this, because it helps them to see things from a more compassionate perspective, and I didn't really have to say anything, he handled it like a boss.

... I need to develop more patience for people and put things BEHIND me

More observations

--IEE likes coffee in a specific way, or he won't drink it at all

--Is very patient with most people, always giving them benefit of doubt, trying to see it from their perspective

--Told me, "Don't knock it if you haven't tried it" when asked about eating new foods like goat tongue (I responded with disgust)
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 10-02-2020 at 04:17 PM.