Thread: Si PoLR - Thoughts on Food?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    No, it's potentially very good. Or are you talking about some moral aspect of this? I can't tell.
    lmfao

yes...we'll just expose the vulnerable poorest to exploitation by the most cruel death fearing wealthy. You'd have to be incredibly careful about popularizing something like that and make it a medical procedure like organ donation with some protections. It'd be a great thing to do if you had single payer govt medical care. Also....did you see this article on elderly who exercise and putting their blood in other elderly? so cool. Exciting

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-...%20on%20aging.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    lmfao

yes...we'll just expose the vulnerable poorest to exploitation by the most cruel death fearing wealthy. You'd have to be incredibly careful about popularizing something like that and make it a medical procedure like organ donation with some protections. It'd be a great thing to do if you had single payer govt medical care. Also....did you see this article on elderly who exercise and putting their blood in other elderly? so cool. Exciting

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-...%20on%20aging.
    I didn't see the article, but I'm aware of the benefits of transfusions of blood from young, healthy people into old people.

The article said that you can get some of these benefits from exercise, but that sounds like work. Better to just buy a transfusion.

Speaking of work, and returning to the topic of this thread, I was eating some oatmeal this morning with cinnamon and maple syrup on it and I was thinking of how much effort went into that bowl of cereal. The grains are grown and harvested and separated from the chaff, the maple syrup is tapped from trees and boiled down, and the cinnamon is scraped from the bark of trees, I believe, that grow on the other side of some ocean. If I had to prepare that breakfast myself from scratch, it would take months and thousands of dollars.

But I just scarfed it down and retreated to my computing machinery. Which also is a marvel that I take for granted.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I didn't see the article, but I'm aware of the benefits of transfusions of blood from young, healthy people into old people.

The article said that you can get some of these benefits from exercise, but that sounds like work. Better to just buy a transfusion.

Speaking of work, and returning to the topic of this thread, I was eating some oatmeal this morning with cinnamon and maple syrup on it and I was thinking of how much effort went into that bowl of cereal. The grains are grown and harvested and separated from the chaff, the maple syrup is tapped from trees and boiled down, and the cinnamon is scraped from the bark of trees, I believe, that grow on the other side of some ocean. If I had to prepare that breakfast myself from scratch, it would take months and thousands of dollars.

But I just scarfed it down and retreated to my computing machinery. Which also is a marvel that I take for granted.
    NO. OLD rats exercised. THEN the scientists put the protein that was in their blood into SEDENTARY OLD RATS, and it changed their learning and health or something
    Last edited by nanashi; 09-30-2020 at 07:30 AM. Reason: A previous version said 'ppl', but I meant the subjects, and they were rodent subjects