Thread: Duschia: How can an IEE submit to Dogma?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE's spiritual gifts

--IEEs are energetic, enthusiastic, and relationally-gifted members in any congregation. They value expressing their faith in song, word, praise, and action. They are found in the pulpit, in youth leadership, song leading, choir direction, and in almost every facet of corporate worship and service.

--Multi-talented and theatrical, the IEEs can be found—in their religious congregation—writing and directing plays, performing shows, leading the Sunday school, and directing the choir. Often possessing the gifts of evangelism, teaching, and faith, IEEs exercise their gifts with warmth and enthusiasm. They are interested in knowing and expressing God’s loving qualities. This preference may need to be balanced with God’s justice and holiness.

--IEE may need help with adding structure to their spontaneity, as well as being still before God and waiting on Him. They have the capacity to have a big heart toward God, and the people skills to bring others along with them as they seek their Creator wholeheartedly.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    IEE's spiritual gifts

--IEEs are energetic, enthusiastic, and relationally-gifted members in any congregation. They value expressing their faith in song, word, praise, and action. They are found in the pulpit, in youth leadership, song leading, choir direction, and in almost every facet of corporate worship and service.

--Multi-talented and theatrical, the IEEs can be found—in their religious congregation—writing and directing plays, performing shows, leading the Sunday school, and directing the choir. Often possessing the gifts of evangelism, teaching, and faith, IEEs exercise their gifts with warmth and enthusiasm. They are interested in knowing and expressing God’s loving qualities. This preference may need to be balanced with God’s justice and holiness.

--IEE may need help with adding structure to their spontaneity, as well as being still before God and waiting on Him. They have the capacity to have a big heart toward God, and the people skills to bring others along with them as they seek their Creator wholeheartedly.
    This is interesting, but where did it come from? It actually sounds like an internet article description of MBTI's ENFP, a lot more than a Socionics description of IEE. I often find that internet articles that have MBTI type descriptions have descriptions that don't describe the types so much like Meyers and Briggs described them, themselves. I find them to be more cartoon-y, with the various emphasises off-base. Yes, IEE's are very interested in people, are positive and expressive of themselves and their ideas and in artistry, but we also need regular good chunks of no-people time. Socionics admits that IEEs are the most introverted of extroverts, which is unseen in this particular description, while it is true of me and the other IEEs I know. We can light up socially when we need/want to, but that is not us all the time. In fact the above sounds closer ESE's I know, who are constantly "turned on" in a group setting.

Sunday Mass is an introverted time for me, and all Catholics too. The article you quoted describes Protestant Sunday services, which have a characteristic "horizontal" focus, on "our shared fellowship". Also Protestant congregations have more things going on that allow for the self-expression of extroverts, and some of those would involve IEEs,* for sure. Yes, there is also worship** there, so there is vertical focus, but the horizontal is strongly emphasized as well vertical, just as in your description.

The Catholic Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is different. It is the source and summit of our faith, what we live for all week. It is ALL worship, all vertically focused, as each person inwardly prepares to encounter and receive Jesus in His Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity. So Mass is a solemn, devout, and "introverted" time for the extroverts as well as the introverts. Like this:

.................................................. ......

__________________________________________________ __

** When i was Evangelical Protestant I was also very busy with my teaching career that I poured all my extroversion into, and at home I did all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, dishes, shopping, gardening, painting, wallpapering etc. etc. by myself, plus my marriage was difficult (i was immersed in it and didn't realize fully how difficult it was til I was out of it) so while I was very much encouraged to be more involved in church activities, my involvement in the sorts of things yo mention was infrequent becasue I had to preserve myself.

**I have fond memories, when I was Protestant, of singing Protestant praise and worship songs, which is strongly "vertical" as well as horizontal...
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"