Like think it twice but never, never learn. Vex's Avatar
    TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    You must be out of your mind. The kid has Borderline Personality Disorder, is clearly having symptoms such as threatening with suicide, self-mutilation and dissociation, and you recommend Mindfulness exercises?
    No, I recommended that he call his clinic.

I suggested these exercises if for whatever reason, he got disconnected. Mindfulness is a big part of DBT... which is the main therapy for BPD... and is all about being present. Which helps to counteract disassociation.
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

Model G: IEI-CNHD
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphaeales View Post
    No, I recommended that he call his clinic.

I suggested these exercises if for whatever reason, he got disconnected. Mindfulness is a big part of DBT... which is the main therapy for BPD... and is all about being present. Which helps to counteract disassociation.
    The guy has not yet started DBT, as he said earlier in this thread. This is not the moment yet for him to do mindfulness exercises, as other issues have to be addressed first. Take, for example, his obsessive masturbation which he has been talking about. Basically what he is doing here is feeding himself additive drugs in a less usual form. Until this addiction is addressed, no amount of mindfulness is going to have any effect at all. In fact, it is going to have a detrimental effect, because his stress-energy is not released, and mindfulness might actually make him more sensitive towards the pain he experiences. Not a good idea for him to open up to his own feelings without proper professional guidance, in a safe, monitored setting.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Like think it twice but never, never learn. Vex's Avatar
    TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    The guy has not yet started DBT, as he said earlier in this thread. This is not the moment yet for him to do mindfulness exercises, as other issues have to be addressed first. Take, for example, his obsessive masturbation which he has been talking about. Basically what he is doing here is feeding himself additive drugs in a less usual form. Until this addiction is addressed, no amount of mindfulness is going to have any effect at all. In fact, it is going to have a detrimental effect, because his stress-energy is not released, and mindfulness might actually make him more sensitive towards the pain he experiences. Not a good idea for him to open up to his own feelings without proper professional guidance, in a safe, monitored setting.
    I'm literally confusion because I think you're missing the point of my post. I didn't say "You are already in DBT? Jump into mindfulness exercises." I can read and I know he will be starting DBT soon.

What I said in my post was for him to contact his clinic for help in the event of a crisis, and to refer to exercises from Nanashi's post or the video I posted as reference in the case that he got disconnected for whatever reason. It's rare but it happens. I did not tell him to jump the gun and start doing these exercises. If he gets disconnected and he's all alone, imo it's better to do these exercises than just sitting around and seeping in your own horrible emotional state and possibly hurting yourself. Really that's all I have to say and I don't understand why you're replying to me with this.
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

Model G: IEI-CNHD
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> i have asperger's and i dont understand human behavior that well, or social protocol, am i going to jail

If you do not understand good what is socially appropriate - try to not annoy people to get lesser chance of problems from law side. Imagine yourself on their place when you want to do something to them - and ask would you liked to get that to yourself.

Try group psychotherapy to understand people better.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Imagine yourself on their place when you want to do something to them - and ask would you liked to get that to yourself.
    Exactly. When we're obsessed with something we tend to focus too much on the goal, we become blind to see if our actions are good for others, we become egoists. Misfit is fixated on getting a girlfriend instead of working patiently on improving his understanding of people and cooperation skills to form healthy relationships. He tries to do something he's not ready for. He wants a shortcut because he's frustrated with his situation, emotions tell him to do something with it but he's incompetent and acts like a creepy stalker.

Misfit, you have to understand your methods are completely wrong and give up until you improve. You hurt people, you must distance yourself from all these girls, block them on social media etc. This is very important, don't rethink it, there aren't any better solutions. Make a wallpaper with text like "I don't write to girls" to remind you. You must avoid them now not because you're bad, you just didn't learn these relationship skills yet. Therapy will help you with it, you just need some lessons to understand what >99% of people understand, easy thing with the right teacher, you can do it, just be patient. Right now you need some kind of distraction. Maybe try to learn something you always wanted to know but didn't have time or motivation for it? When you'll finish your therapy having some cool hobby will help you to get a girl, work on self-improvement and one day you'll benefit from it because it'll make you a more interesting person.