Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    are we insane, is that what you're saying?!
    no I’m just messin. I think people with no subtype or ‘balanced subtype’ may come across as more ‘balanced’, mentally healthy people..(a bit like people with certain enneagram tritypes like 369 if you know about enneagram). Maybe they are healthier but what I mean is they’re still gonna have to develop relationships with people with unbalanced subtypes so there’s stuff they need to develop relationship wise at least to reach those people. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe they’re just super cool, balanced people who find relationships easier haha.

But I also see subtype as existing on a spectrum as other people have said. So you might lean slightly towards one/ relate to bits of both..and that is what probably makes you unique! And will give you some unique strengths. I’m starting to read more about enneagram tritype which is another way to learn about subtype parts of your personality...enneagram and socionics cross over a lot. It’s a bit easier to digest for me than socionics although wasn’t at first..

I don’t think it’s a bad thing to relate to one subtype more than the other, I think most people probably do. But I think we usually relate to bits of the other subtype too. And subtype is more flexible than core type..it can change, somewhat. You can compare it to enneagram, with their ideas about tritype, integration, wings we ‘pull’ on...parts of our personalities are more fixed than others...but we probably have the potential to change quite a lot given favourable circumstances or some good luck Sorry if my thoughts are jumbled, I partied last night lol

um but yeah I generally I agree it’s not good to too lean too much to one subtype or another..but I think we have to figure out the right balance for ourselves or we kinda know it instinctively..even if it’s a vague impression. I think even if I had been mentally healthier throughout my life I might still be a ni subtype..but with a bit more fe.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 08-16-2020 at 02:19 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i supposedly have one of those "balanced" tritypes (417), but then it should also be considered that in those, all 3 fixes have the same "objects relations" (there was another name but i forget) style.. so 417 is triple withdrawn/idealism/frustration.. so in that sense I think those tritypes are still unbalanced, just in a different way.
    well........... it seems they are well balanced between very unbalanced and very balanced then

the way you write feels so IEI (atleast to me)
    it is funny reading other IEI writing sometimes plus my lack of punctuation oops

ohh ok so my really good IEE friend is 714..he has this calmness about him I like, but he also struggles massively with anxiety too. He is so/sp.. I've also realised that my SEI friend who I used to like a lot in a romantic way is 369..I think this explains why I find him so confusing..haha.. but helpful to think that he can't help being 'very balanced' one min and 'very unbalanced' the next haha. Maybe I can stop giving him a hard time now I've realised this hahaha.

Have you looked at this article? https://typevolution.com/2016/11/21/...nneagram-dual/
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 08-17-2020 at 06:10 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I've seen something like that before! it's funny tho, everyone says 4's and 7's go rly well together, but I can tell that I would do better with an 8 (most likely 8w7). what about you?
    take a look at this! https://www.personalitycafe.com/thre...o-you.1047474/

Pe types always tell me my presence is calming, but I think it's more because I'm an IEI, haha. i'm outwardly the chillest person ever, but on the inside nahh
    do people say you have a very calming presence too?
    on strat's IEI description there is so much about how IEI's kinda slow down time around them and any other person will be trapped in that bubble.. i've wondered about that a lot. i wish i could meet myself from the body of someone else. i have all these ideas and inferences of how I come off, i'm sure a lot of it is right, but not completely, you know? cuz it depends on the person and i don't yet know everyone..
    digression but there is an SEE who is kind of terrified by me and i'm not just saying it in a joking manner, and then there's the LSI who tells me that I couldn't be intimidating if i tried.

I think I def go for ESTP 7s. In the article I posted above the IEI author has worked out 'enneagram dual' for each tritype..and mine is 7. (You can look at the other tritypes and see whose dual you are too). I have worked out that lots of my friends are my enneagram dual or I am theirs. And she also says in the article that for long term relationships you should share at least one number in your tritype. So a 712 for example would be no good for me! And I wonder if that'd mean they weren't the right DCNH type/ instinct type/ socionics subtype..same for estp 8s- I think they might be likely to be wrong subtypes for me. I dunno where I'm getting that from, just a hunch or maybe generalisation (but can think of a 738 guy who is very cool but wouldn't work for sure). Saying that I think I get on well actually with most people with a 7 in their tritype- I have a really good 271 EIE so/sp friend.

calming presence...umm maybe when I was going through a more confident phase in life I noticed people feeling good around me.. probably sometimes but honestly I think it's something people appreciate on a subconscious level and don't tell me (of course I wish they would haha) Haha my sis is SEE. We get on great but I think she is pretty alarmed when I talk about stuff like socionics.

(the ennegram diagram looks very complex..I do like the idea of having simple digrams/ concepts to show how all the parts of personality relate to each other..)