Thread: Is the male aggressor romantic-style outdated?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    A male seems to need a modicum of testosterone to have any kind of sexual drive. Male drive (not testosterone) seems to linked to possessive, controlling/manipulative behaviour - like animals. This may not translate to observable aggression so I'll wait for a study involving orders of magnitude more than 120 people. In order to get laid one has to push into a crowd or schmooze a straggler; it's certainly not lay on one's back passive action.

a.k.a. I/O
    Sex drive does not equal aggression nor manipulation nor controlling behavior.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    Sex drive does not equal aggression nor manipulation nor controlling behavior.
    Correct. Behaviour does depend on how the urge is managed but barring self-preservation, the animal instinct does tend to tempt males to get it done by any means necessary. Because most males don't act upon it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct. Behaviour does depend on how the urge is managed but barring self-preservation, the animal instinct does tend to tempt males to get it done by any means necessary. Because most males don't act upon it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

a.k.a. I/O
    no, what I mean is LITERALLY testosterone does not appear to be linked to aggression. read the studies on it.

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    no, what I mean is LITERALLY testosterone does not appear to be linked to aggression. read the studies on it.
    It is linked to confidence and social dominance. Aggression depends on other genes that can be activated with high T levels.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a.k.a. I/O
    bullshit. rape apologetics. lmao.