Thread: Is the male aggressor romantic-style outdated?

Hybrid View

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I don't believe it's always how you were raised. My parents were the opposite of this and my gut reaction still has always been to punch assholes in the face.
    Could also be a quadra complex reaction, for Gamma it is explicitly stated that they tend to react to transgressions by action, which is often translated to physical force.
    I still think that there a certain situations where you deserve to be punched, and i think this is widely accepted norm.
    It belongs to having a respectful interaction to react to certain ways of disrespect with challenging the other person to a fight.
    This is usually widely understood and the only people who will cry wolf afterwards are (narcissistic) Alpha quadra Members imE.
    Still could be a lot of sub-cultural imprinting that makes me think that way but usually, if your opponent is not a spiritually effeminate ESE, you are a lot cooler with each-other after things have been settled, no matter who has won, everybody has proven their point and you respect each-other more.

But yes, the gut reaction is probably something you (I) should get over, can also be an overreacting amygdala due to violent upbringing. I still don't think that violence has to be immoral but depending on the ehtical qualities of your opponent you give them ammunition they can use against you in a Society regulated by Si Valuing people.

Eccentric Neurotic Narcissist andreasdevig's Avatar
    TIM
    FiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
    Could also be a quadra complex reaction, for Gamma it is explicitly stated that they tend to react to transgressions by action, which is often translated to physical force.
    I still think that there a certain situations where you deserve to be punched, and i think this is widely accepted norm.
    It belongs to having a respectful interaction to react to certain ways of disrespect with challenging the other person to a fight.
    This is usually widely understood and the only people who will cry wolf afterwards are (narcissistic) Alpha quadra Members imE.
    Still could be a lot of sub-cultural imprinting that makes me think that way but usually, if your opponent is not a spiritually effeminate ESE, you are a lot cooler with each-other after things have been settled, no matter who has won, everybody has proven their point and you respect each-other more.

But yes, the gut reaction is probably something you (I) should get over, can also be an overreacting amygdala due to violent upbringing. I still don't think that violence has to be immoral but depending on the ehtical qualities of your opponent you give them ammunition they can use against you in a Society regulated by Si Valuing people.
    Not everyone belongs to your idea of masculinity. People are different. We're all individuals. I, for one, am one of those spiritually effeminate EIIs. I have Se PoLR and all of that. If someone physically attacked me, there would be no happy ending to that. Believe me. I would not be cooler with that person. I would hold a grudge forever, and never be abled to forgive or forget.

It's their body. They have the right to have it remain unharmed. Even if they're assholes, I do believe they have the right to speak their mind without getting beaten up. I do believe in freedom of speech. We can't just punch people just because we don't like what words come out of their mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I don't believe it's always how you were raised. My parents were the opposite of this and my gut reaction still has always been to punch assholes in the face.
    Maybe you picked it up somewhere else. It makes sense to me that if you treat someone with violence, then you're teaching them to use violence also. It's hard to pick up any positive lessons from a world full of negative people. You need a positive role model. You need to be exposed to positivity, wise people, etc. in order to grow as a person, in my opinion. If you're only exposed to negativity, violent people, etc. then there is no way to grow out of it, because you're not exposed to anything else.
    EII-INFj / INFP / Strong E4 and 9 energy / Melancholic-Phlegmatic / Musical-Intrapersonal-Spatial / Kinky-Sensual

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andreasdevig View Post
    Not everyone belongs to your idea of masculinity. People are different. We're all individuals. I, for one, am one of those spiritually effeminate EIIs. I have Se PoLR and all of that. If someone physically attacked me, there would be no happy ending to that. Believe me. I would not be cooler with that person. I would hold a grudge forever, and never be abled to forgive or forget.

It's their body. They have the right to have it remain unharmed. Even if they're assholes, I do believe they have the right to speak their mind without getting beaten up. I do believe in freedom of speech. We can't just punch people just because we don't like what words come out of their mouth.
    I even do completely agree with you here.
    Also i am not someone who subscribes to traditional masculinity in any way.
    Its not about speaking their mind, it was about bullying and suppressing people, publicly humiliating every surrounding that dares to challenge this person in any way, even it is just a subjective whim only to establish some kind of vain 'dominance'.
    When you want to behave like this super tough guy who likes to hurt other people for no good reason and to attack the dignity of everyone around only for your own feeling of self importance you deserve everything thats coming to you.
    This is not a situation where you have an right to cry and play the victim, if you get a reasonable and even soft rebuff according to the harm you have caused.

Also spiritually effeminate probably tried to describe something else than what you think about.
    I like ethicals and am a very soft person myself that could not care less who wants him to act 'manly' and suppress their sensitivity.
    It's about having no - and i mean absolutely no - code of honor, responsibility for their own actions and ability to face the consequences. It was meant to describe a person that has about all bad female traits to an extreme degree. Probably simply what comes out when having an ESE with a very bad character, it is not about the gender its about the means a person has to be shitty and as a FeSi those are stereotypically female in their manifestation.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's gonna sound cliché, but all romantic styles are valid.

I know non Se valuers usually look down on Aggressor types as "rapey" and such, but I think it's fine, I mean, they are what they are. Victims dig that, even the ones that deny it.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Something View Post
    It's gonna sound cliché, but all romantic styles are valid.

I know non Se valuers usually look down on Aggressor types as "rapey" and such, but I think it's fine, I mean, they are what they are. Victims dig that, even the ones that deny it.
    Gulenko made such a stupid move comparing not rapey behavior to an attack. There's nothing attacky about Se.

And there's nothing pedophilic about Si. etc etc

Eccentric Neurotic Narcissist andreasdevig's Avatar
    TIM
    FiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love reading what my EII brethen say, you're all the cute wholesome ones.
    Thank you. That's very sweet of you. I appreciate it. You strike me as a man who's not afraid of his own femininity or vulnerability, and I admire that.
    EII-INFj / INFP / Strong E4 and 9 energy / Melancholic-Phlegmatic / Musical-Intrapersonal-Spatial / Kinky-Sensual

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You strike me as a man who's not afraid of his own femininity or vulnerability, and I admire that.
    I don't think these things you mention (awareness of one's vulnerability) are mutually exclusive to expressions of masculinity.

I'm not gonna get into Odysseus (the patriarchal hero) crying in Homer's writings, but the point is that the "traditional" conception we have of gender doesn't go back very far in time and isn't very broad in scope.

Of course, there are different personalities, and everyone tends to express these things a bit differently.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. That's very sweet of you. I appreciate it. You strike me as a man who's not afraid of his own femininity or vulnerability, and I admire that.
    Delta ST women seem to really dig that about me tbh

And thanks bruh! you seem cool!

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well ofc, he is flaming gay e_e..lamo..

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post

I laughed hard and probably almost woke up my roommate.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Do I need to remind you you are the guy who takes pics of himself showing the middle finger and uses them as profile pics?

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do I need to remind you you are the guy who takes pics of himself showing the middle finger and uses them as profile pics?
    Uh.. I don't see the connection.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
    Women are attracted to you for different reasons, some of them are Victimish or Childlike behavior depending on the ego functions.
    Caregiver Women like to give care and will be endeared by Ne goofiness and helplesness in Practical matters

Just to clarify things, because that seems to imply irresistible attraction to helplessness on the part of Si-egos when it’s not necessarily that: I’d be willing to say caregiver women in alpha find Ne-egos of the same quadra the most intellectually interesting and the least clingy of the whole bunch of men available. Ne helplessness is something that does not bother them, not something they actively look for (consciously, anyway). In case there is a Ne-ego thinking they should overplay their hand faking complete uselessness at life.
    Last edited by Rusal; 08-04-2020 at 05:50 AM.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Just to clarify things, because that seems to imply irresistible attraction to helplessness on the part of Si-egos when it’s not necessarily that: I’d be willing to say caregiver women in alpha find Ne-egos of the same quadra the most intellectually interesting and the least clingy of the whole bunch of men available. Ne helplessness is something that does not bother them, not something they actively look for (consciously, anyway). In case there is a Ne-ego thinking they should overplay their hand faking complete uselessness at life.
    Off topic my bad. But do you think the Ne helplessness just makes the Si ego person feel useful in the other person's life, like they like to be counted on for "Si" things. Like in some way they feel appreciated.

I remember one time someone invited me to a party and I thought I would have a hard time remembering the date so I asked an SEI friend of mine if they could text me to remind me, because they were real good with doing that. And when I asked her she had this smile on her face like if you asked grandma to bake you your favorite cookies even though she's busy. I know when one of my friends asked me to do that I quickly felt frustrated and told them "I can't remember your stuff for you, I have a hard time remembering my own stuff."

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you picked it up somewhere else. It makes sense to me that if you treat someone with violence, then you're teaching them to use violence also. It's hard to pick up any positive lessons from a world full of negative people. You need a positive role model. You need to be exposed to positivity, wise people, etc. in order to grow as a person, in my opinion. If you're only exposed to negativity, violent people, etc. then there is no way to grow out of it, because you're not exposed to anything else.
    I love reading what my EII brethen say, you're all the cute wholesome ones.