Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
I don't believe it's always how you were raised. My parents were the opposite of this and my gut reaction still has always been to punch assholes in the face.
Could also be a quadra complex reaction, for Gamma it is explicitly stated that they tend to react to transgressions by action, which is often translated to physical force.
I still think that there a certain situations where you deserve to be punched, and i think this is widely accepted norm.
It belongs to having a respectful interaction to react to certain ways of disrespect with challenging the other person to a fight.
This is usually widely understood and the only people who will cry wolf afterwards are (narcissistic) Alpha quadra Members imE.
Still could be a lot of sub-cultural imprinting that makes me think that way but usually, if your opponent is not a spiritually effeminate ESE, you are a lot cooler with each-other after things have been settled, no matter who has won, everybody has proven their point and you respect each-other more.

But yes, the gut reaction is probably something you (I) should get over, can also be an overreacting amygdala due to violent upbringing. I still don't think that violence has to be immoral but depending on the ehtical qualities of your opponent you give them ammunition they can use against you in a Society regulated by Si Valuing people.