Thread: [UFOs] Pentagon has 'off-world vehicles'

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Light barrier == unbreakable, false even if true.

Interdimensional psychic vampires, on the other hand...

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Light barrier == unbreakable, false even if true.

Interdimensional psychic vampires, on the other hand...
    There's already stuff that can travel faster than light but it's not really regular moving when you're going faster than light.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've got the History Channel doing predictive programming for ancient Aliens for what, nearly a decade now?

Long enough where at the subconscious level, people combine Aliens with ancient technological achievement, even if they know it to be false. God this is such basic psychology, you don't need to go to Uni to get this stuff.

Do I personally believe in Aliens, yes. But no, I don't think they are transporting themselves through physical space as we know it today. It's apparent there is another facet to physical reality we are not yet privy to.

I wager it will take another upswing in our collective ability to precieve "something", in similar eurka moments throughout history that changed humanities perceptual awareness so completely that we take those epiphanies for granted now.

I would be curious what the James Webb telescope does for civilization. Seeing the beggining of all time is a much needed pick-me-up for mankind.

All this technological Alien crashed space craft stuff is... It's imho silly and to blunt. Physical, biological creatures can't overcome expanding space, time, and the light barrier. So, imho, if Aliens are visiting Earth, they did not get here via a space craft.

History Channel would , unfortunately, want us to believe Aliens have always been here throughout all time, shaping our destiny. So, God then, the other, in a modernly accepted modality.
    Last edited by timber; 07-27-2020 at 03:20 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    We've got the History Channel doing predictive programming for ancient Aliens for what, nearly a decade now?

Long enough where at the subconscious level, people combine Aliens with ancient technological achievement, even if they know it to be false. God this is such basic psychology, you don't need to go to Uni to get this stuff.

Do I personally believe in Aliens, yes. But no, I don't think they are transporting themselves through physical space as we know it today. It's apparent there is another facet to physical reality we are not yet privy to.

I wager it will take another upswing in our collective ability to precieve "something", in similar eurka moments throughout history that changed humanities perceptual awareness so completely that we take those epiphanies for granted now.

I would be curious what the James Webb telescope does for civilization. Seeing the beggining of all time is a much needed pick-me-up for mankind.

All this technological Alien crashed space craft stuff is... It's imho silly and to blunt. Physical, biological creatures can't overcome expanding space, time, and the light barrier. So, imho, if Aliens are visiting Earth, they did not get here via a space craft.

History Channel would , unfortunately, want us to believe Aliens have always been here throughout all time, shaping our destiny. So, God then, the other, in a modernly accepted modality.
    1. If "aliens" aren't physical beings, why not just call them spirits? I know there's lots of New Age stuff about advanced aliens that are spiritual, but those still just seem like space spirits. Creatures like that existing and aliens who are biological animals like humans existing aren't mutually exclusive. Also, space spirits aren't very interesting if material aliens don't exist. If spirits existed, I'd expect for them to be able to travel across space easily. If angels, devils, djinn, faeries, or whatever decide to live in space instead of just on Earth, that doesn't suddenly make them into aliens. If there were material creatures on other planets and they interacted with different spirits, then that's interesting, like there are different angels watching humans and watching aliens so the angels who watch aliens are alien angels. If it's the same angels in charge of every planet like planets are local levels and celestial beings are the federal level, that's interesting, but it doesn't make spirits aliens any more than someone from Washington D.C. is a foreigner in the United States.

2. Matter can move faster than light. It doesn't even have to be a special kind of matter. Anything can move faster than light with enough energy. Things moving faster than light doesn't get documented in most popular science magazines or "hard" sci-fi (I say most, not all) because that kind of stuff is designed to appeal to cynics who think they already know everything except for "filling in the details." Not being able to travel faster than light is quite cynical even if you believe the Earth is flat and you're going to get to go to Heaven with Jesus, but especially if you're a hardened "scientific skeptic" and you don't believe you're going to Heaven and your only hope is in your physical life. It's like Clarke's book Childhood's End: "The stars were not meant for Man!" Of course, Childhood's End is from the perspective of devils and their allies, and Clarke added an explicit disclaimer saying he didn't agree with the book because he did think humans could go to the stars. However, I do think its portrayal of how weird interstellar space is is accurate. None of this information is common knowledge, but if you're genuinely interested, it is knowledge indeed. Do you know how some people think the Earth is flat? There are other perspectives from which common scientific beliefs are the equivalent of saying that the Earth is flat. There are always people who are "ahead of the times" and know more than average, and always people who are "behind the times," and also people who learn things that most people will just never know, and people who have ridiculous ideas that most people have never had. Progressivism and knowledge-seeking really don't mix, because progressivism looks at the progress of average people, and average people are always stupid.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    There's already stuff that can travel faster than light but it's not really regular moving when you're going faster than light.
    Are we talking macroscopic objects exceeding the cosmic speed C, macroscopic objects in a vacuum moving faster than light in a fluid, wormholes, or spooky particle entanglement? I want to believe it, but I've never heard of the first one before.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Are we talking macroscopic objects exceeding the cosmic speed C, macroscopic objects in a vacuum moving faster than light in a fluid, wormholes, or spooky particle entanglement? I want to believe it, but I've never heard of the first one before.
    Macroscopic objects can exceed the cosmic speed C, but when that happens it's barely even recognizable as things moving. Also, you can't really see things moving faster than light, because they don't reflect light. We know that things move faster than light because the Universe is expanding faster than light and that isn't all empty space.

https://www.space.com/33306-how-does...han-light.html

I also think that's what dark matter and dark energy is, just regular "baryonic" matter moving faster than light and the gravitational effects of it. While that's not a popular theory, I didn't invent it as some obnoxious armchair physicist who just wants to go to space really badly so you can look into it. Honestly I think it's not popular because people want the entire Universe to die so they can prove how tough they are like Bertrand Russell since even though I don't have an expensive telescope it definitely follows the law of parsimony. So, faster-than-light travel should be easy if you have enough energy but it should involve a lot of weird mathematics and weird perception just to navigate.