Thread: Spotting the types on dating apps!

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Maker Spaces are places where some NT types have gotten together and have collected some machinery to make just about anything. You can join usually by paying a small fee and they will give you cheap or free classes on how to make stuff. They often have lathes and 3D printers and wood working machines and equipment for printing and making fabrics. Just about anything that can be made using your hands.

There is one near where I live. https://www.maker-works.com/
    I know the guy who started Maker Works. A very nice guy, but has no interest in (or ability for) making profits.

It is basically a community which exchanges trade skills and enables the making of things for not-money. Very Alpha.

You could visit a local place like this, express an interest in printing panda faces on barbecue aprons, and you'll be set.

When I was last there, a female ILE was doing shop cleaning in lieu of paying money for her membership.
    My 15 year old LSI brother has two 3D printers that he bought at garage sales. One of them works and the other is broken. He wants to fix the broken one and re-sell it. He’s also building an antenna to use for capturing Russian weather satellite images. I could probably hit up a few Maker spaces under the guise of helping my brother find a place to work on his projects or maybe looking for buyers for his 3D printer

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    My 15 year old LSI brother has two 3D printers that he bought at garage sales. One of them works and the other is broken. He wants to fix the broken one and re-sell it. He’s also building an antenna to use for capturing Russian weather satellite images. I could probably hit up a few Maker spaces under the guise of helping my brother find a place to work on his projects or maybe looking for buyers for his 3D printer

Sounds like a plan.

Be forewarned. My SLI ex-wife first asked me at an astronomy meeting if I could help her IEI sister align her little telescope. The telescope was at the SLI's apartment, and I went over there suspecting nothing. A year later, I was married to her.

I think it really helps if the guy is focused on his interests and isn't suspecting a thing. It makes the interaction more natural and the guy not only doesn't have his guard up, but he instantly has a deep and solid connection to something that the woman says she is interested in.
    Only later, still never suspecting that he's been trapped, does he start thinking that this woman who shares an interest in his hobby might be worth keeping around. For cookies. Or something like that.

I think I only became aware of the larger plan when, after we were married, she stopped going to the Astronomy meetings. But by then, it was too late.