Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I am LIE with Fe-Role, and I use my Role to sell my ideas. That is either adapting to the world, or making the world adapt to me. Certainly, it is my best tool for interacting with the world.
    Do you think you use Fe as its commonly used in your society? I mean, like adapting to use it just how a society or group use it when you interact with them (though I think it would be subconscious)?

I really had no clear idea of how powerful this is until recently. People don't make decisions based on logic, they make decisions based on emotion, and Fe-emotion is what I tend to pitch when I'm selling something. I didn't really understand what I was doing before I encountered Socionics, but you don't have to believe in gravity to be immersed in it.
    This is completely true Adam. Not to all ppl, but most certainly, so most make decisions based in emotion not in logic, that's why I think most ppl take often bad decisions and keep up with idiotic mentalities that take them far from their objectives or desires.
    That's why I also think that evil men often lead the world taking advantage of the idiocy and mental sluggishness of ppl and how easily they can be manipulated. This is the reason why I often feel disapointed of ppl and the "world"(bigger terms) for this. Like it doesn't matter how true or good something is, most ppl is going to believe or do what they were told through Fe.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Do you think you use Fe as its commonly used in your society? I mean, like adapting to use it just how a society or group use it when you interact with them (though I think it would be subconscious)?

This is completely true Adam. Not to all ppl, but most certainly, so most make decisions based in emotion not in logic, that's why I think most ppl take often bad decisions and keep up with idiotic mentalities that take them far from their objectives or desires.
    That's why I also think that evil men often lead the world taking advantage of the idiocy and mental sluggishness of ppl and how easily they can be manipulated. This is the reason why I often feel disapointed of ppl and the "world"(bigger terms) for this. Like it doesn't matter how true or good something is, most ppl is going to believe or do what they were told through Fe.
    I think the US is still largely a Gamma society, although that is clearly changing, so I would say that I use Fe-Role as much as is expected in my society.

I have Alpha-family cousins and Beta-family cousins, and when I was in an Alpha family gathering, I just hid. Every single person there was a space alien. When I'm with my Beta cousins, though, I get along with them about as well as I get along with my own Delta family. Not great, not horrible, just use caution.

One of my Beta-family members is a female IEI-Fe, and she knew absolutely everyone in a high school with 2700 kids in it. However, she hung out with a clique that was composed of band members and theater people. I'd sometimes accompany her to their parties, and again, the rampant Fe there made me think that I was socially retarded, so once again, I kept very quiet and out of the way. People there would laugh at something, not because it was funny, but because other people were laughing at it, too. I could not understand the fakeness of this.

For a long time, I thought that my Beta cousins and all of her friends were two-faced. They would say something to a person's face "Oh, I love your hair" and then turn to me and whisper "Her hair looks like dog shit". I thought this was just the way they were all brought up, but no, it's Fe going along with the group emotions, coupled with Beta competitiveness.
    If I thought someone's behavior was out of line, I'd just say nothing and mark them as a potential trouble-maker. Very Fi.

No, I only engage my Fe program when I'm in front of an audience, selling them some load of stuff that they can give me money for. Otherwise, it is turned off. In other words, I use it purely for selling my ideas.

Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think the US is still largely a Gamma society, although that is clearly changing, so I would say that I use Fe-Role as much as is expected in my society.

I have Alpha-family cousins and Beta-family cousins, and when I was in an Alpha family gathering, I just hid. Every single person there was a space alien. When I'm with my Beta cousins, though, I get along with them about as well as I get along with my own Delta family. Not great, not horrible, just use caution.

One of my Beta-family members is a female IEI-Fe, and she knew absolutely everyone in a high school with 2700 kids in it. However, she hung out with a clique that was composed of band members and theater people. I'd sometimes accompany her to their parties, and again, the rampant Fe there made me think that I was socially retarded, so once again, I kept very quiet and out of the way. People there would laugh at something, not because it was funny, but because other people were laughing at it, too. I could not understand the fakeness of this.

For a long time, I thought that my Beta cousins and all of her friends were two-faced. They would say something to a person's face "Oh, I love your hair" and then turn to me and whisper "Her hair looks like dog shit". I thought this was just the way they were all brought up, but no, it's Fe going along with the group emotions, coupled with Beta competitiveness.
    If I thought someone's behavior was out of line, I'd just say nothing and mark them as a potential trouble-maker. Very Fi.
    This is an interesting point. I have seen Fe egos accusing Fi types of hypocrisy or being two faced (while being two faced in my pov in the process). For example ESE mom thought my grandma acting "nice" in front of others instead of expressing her real thoughts was being two faced, for SEE grandma was a way to keep things respectful and peaceful, it was how things should be. For Fe ppl is important to express their true emotions towards others, as is immoral to keep them for themselves (that's being two faced for them). On the other hand, I saw once two Fe leads (ESE and EIE) criticizing and gossiping about the family of the deceased at a funeral for not being openly sad and keep trying to not expressing openly sadness also talking about how such family have had mistreated the EIE. That was disrespectful and tasteless to me, but they thought that keeping the social forms (assisting to the funeral) was keeping manners. I've been called hypocrite for an IEI because I kept for myself what I felt instead of trying to fight her, while for me that was being respectful for her it was being hypocrite, etc.

No, I only engage my Fe program when I'm in front of an audience, selling them some load of stuff that they can give me money for. Otherwise, it is turned off. In other words, I use it purely for selling my ideas.
    That's the way I use Ni too often imo. I mean, not for "selling" but when I'm in front of an audience. I don't think is turned off for me daily, mb because mine is introverted and yours is extroverted. I feel like my "extroverted" elements are turned off until I have to relate with the world around me while I'm more subjectively conscious of the introverted ones.
    Last edited by Faith; 08-11-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, according to model G from Gulenko, the Role function is for social adaptation, similarly to the mobilizing.

Sounds like they wanted to make you laugh and feel integrated by bitching on this girl. Paradoxically, I think that for betas this means "look, we're actually close enough for me to be honest with you and tell you what I think!"...
    Ti valuers must think Te-users are two-faced too when they tell someone "I think you did a good job" to encourage someone to give his best, while we actually think the performance is rather poor...