Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LSE Males and Cheating

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like smilex is saying:

"basically you neglected "us" and "me" (via to much intuition after settling for the typical scope of our relationship) and I am using that as the reasoning I have moved on".

"I'm a sensor type, I see what and I see and out of sight is out of mind - you should have tried harder to keep "me"", like a ISFj might have.

Yeah ESTj cheat like a hot damn, but its not like a flirtatious bed hoping sort of way. Its more like secret rendezvous they can compartmentalize and then return home to what is familiar. Side chicks that double as side gf-wives.
    Last edited by valhalla; 09-08-2020 at 01:27 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by valhalla View Post
    Sounds like smilex is saying:

"basically you neglected "us" and "me" (via to much intuition after settling for the typical scope of our relationship) and I am using that as the reasoning I have moved on".

"I'm a sensor type, I see what and I see and out of sight is out of mind - you should have tried harder to keep "me"", like a ISFj might have.

Yeah ESTj cheat like a hot damn, but its not like a flirtatious bed hoping sort of way. Its more like secret rendezvous they can compartmentalize and then return home to what is familiar. Side chicks that double as side gf-wives.
    It’s easy to find a justification if you feel like you don’t have to be responsible for other people’s feelings. That’s why I make categorical views -like a shitty person
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    It’s easy to find a justification if you feel like you don’t have to be responsible for other people’s feelings. That’s why I make categorical views -like a shitty person
    I wouldn't get yourself to worked up over him. He's trolling you somewhat.

Hes basically saying "you neglected "me" after you got "me"." This is actually a fatal flaw of Fi, after the boundaries of the relationship have been decided, the matrimony finalized...now what?

At least IEE and SLI keep it alive by introducing chaoticness into the equation. I think what happens for the rationals is a malaise that stems from over-attatchment.

Fi focused types are the type of people who will send you proverbial notes in class "Do you love me, yes or no?" "Yes? - let's get married now."

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hes basically saying "you neglected "me" after you got "me"." This is actually a fatal flaw of Fi, after the boundaries of the relationship have been decided, the matrimony finalized...now what?

At least IEE and SLI keep it alive by introducing chaoticness into the equation. I think what happens for the rationals is a malaise that stems from over-attatchment.

Fi focused types are the type of people who will send you proverbial notes in class "Do you love me, yes or no?" "Yes? - let's get married now."
    Oh you’re speaking about SmileX?!?
    Well real neglect does happen in a relationship but if we’re speaking about cheating maybe it’s “I also didn’t try hard enough and took it as a ticket to do what I wan because I CAN “

I CAN
    YOU CAN
    WE CAN
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Oh you’re speaking about SmileX?!?
    Well real neglect does happen in a relationship but if we’re speaking about cheating maybe it’s “I also didn’t try hard enough and took it as a ticket to do what I wan because I CAN “

I CAN
    YOU CAN
    WE CAN
    I don't know man. People get horny.

For me its always been the hypocrisy of what it entails that would bother me. I have to live with myself and "I know what I did last summer."

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@valhalla, this is actually a very good point. I believe it is why, for the Gamma ESI-LIE pair, life is work. If you can work with your partner, then work is how you relate, after the signing of the contract.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Derp, derp
    No, you're wrong.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @valhalla, this is actually a very good point. I believe it is why, for the Gamma ESI-LIE pair, life is work. If you can work with your partner, then work is how you relate, after the signing of the contract.
    That sounds.. really unromantic.. I sincerely doubt any ESI would agree to that.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    That sounds.. really unromantic.. I sincerely doubt any ESI would agree to that.
    I wanna hold back on commenting, because I am not sure what Adam means without an example.

I do think shared activity/work is pretty important, it will define alot of things in your life. But I wanna be sure we are all talking about the same thing here.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I wanna hold back on commenting, because I am not sure what Adam means without an example.

I do think shared activity/work is pretty important, it will define alot of things in your life. But I wanna be sure we are all talking about the same thing here.
    The relationships I've had with ESI's of both sexes lasted as long as we had mutual interests and could agree on a mutual direction. When the interests changed, or the direction changed, we stopped seeing each other. The extent of the friendship seemed to be the same as the degree of overlap in interests.

I've dated women who shared none of my interests and had a different direction in life, and those dates were pretty short.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

F types are more adopted to evaluate relations by emotions. But may to think logically and understand T side of relations too.
    The said was about mutually useful cooperation and interactions what is the base for good relations. By logics language. Love is emotional state and attitude when people accept interests of each other and care about each other.
    When we like someone as a pair - this points that he can be useful for us in such relations. We like smart people as they are useful to deal with them, to support good a household and other life situations. We like pretty people as they arise higher sexual interest to give us the pleasure, are better to produce healthy children, to be strong and healthy to help us. We like personal traits which better match with our own personal traits to support us where we need and how we need it, generally good personal traits as honesty, responsibility, etc - as they allow to better cooperate for our own interests. Love and its basic parts (passion, respect, friendly sympathy) are the feelings which react and describe all that. That what also can be described by logical terms of mutual use and cooperation. We may don't understand all use what leads to feelings, but there is the use always. The similar on a food example, when you like a taste of a food - this means that food is evaluated as useful for you by your instincts, but not that you'll die from it or will can't process it good. Emotions react on the possible and existing use.
    There is no contradiction. You don't feel good stable emotions to what gives you problems, you have good emotions to what makes or can to make your life better. T/F are sides of the same coin.

F types like logically smart, intelligent people and how they think. F types more value in them not emotions, but the abbility to think clearly and correctly. Though, to have appropriate emotions (as all 8 functions) is important too and T types among close people behave rather more emotionally. Similarly, T types value more emotional traits as warmness and compassion, what does not mean they are indifferent to abbilities to think adequately in same people.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess what throws me off here is Adam's idea of "life is work", something I strongly disagree with.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I guess what throws me off here is Adam's idea of "life is work", something I strongly disagree with.
    Perhaps not literally, but I understand that as a way of saying work/profession is kind of a backbone in life.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps not literally, but I understand that as a way of saying work/profession is kind of a backbone in life.
    Still disagree. <.<.. still sounds dull..

“He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Still disagree. <.<.. still sounds dull..

“He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
    Actually, it's "a profession is the backbone of life" - Friedrich Nietzsche

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, it's "a profession is the backbone of life" - Friedrich Nietzsche
    hah, true.

Its still kinda weird to base a life on work and a relationship on the same thing. What I do for $ is one thing, what I'm interested in outside of work as well as what I have in common with my girlfriend are not work. How would I bond with my dual over.. network administration tasks, IT and running my business? That is just weird.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

hah, true.

Its still kinda weird to base a life on work and a relationship on the same thing. What I do for $ is one thing, what I'm interested in outside of work as well as what I have in common with my girlfriend are not work. How would I bond with my dual over.. network administration tasks, IT and running my business? That is just weird.
    No, I see what you are saying and that is legit.

IME, I never bonded over those things, or about work things with potential romantic partners. It's just that work gives a "rythm" of activity to life, and will thus determine how alot of your time is used and how your life is structured. I think this is true for all types, gamma J are probably just more likely to focus on this angle, that is all. I wrote a blog entry on another site about this, will repost it in my blogs on here as it will give you better idea of what I mean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12