Thread: I hate socionics

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's supposedly a thing to make people's lives better. People just end up obsessing over type because it offers the promise of better relationships and personal validation. It doesn't deliver, though, because there is no method for offering the big other need of humans, and that is certainty, specifically certainty that one has been typed correctly.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    It's supposedly a thing to make people's lives better. People just end up obsessing over type because it offers the promise of better relationships and personal validation. It doesn't deliver, though, because there is no method for offering the big other need of humans, and that is certainty, specifically certainty that one has been typed correctly.
    What things in life are certain to you? I feel certain that I’ve been typed correctly.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    I like it better as an esoteric framework of all the substances in the world than some predictive tool for relationships. You don't use it to plot the exoteric (outer/relational) properties of objects out to see what happens, you use it to create a cut-jewel framework of reality where all the traits of objects reflect all the others in an internal way, so you see greater dimensionality in these objects, rather than each instance being a unique one-off phenomenon. I think @ashlesha said something indicating she gets this idea.