TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nice View Post
    Deep down I'm just an emulator.
    Does that surprise you? Your body is made of organs, these organs are made of cells, the cells of molecules, and so on. Your mind is probaby similar, with an underlying structure. Why does it upset you that this structure determines most of the time what kind of information floats to your consciousness ?

Maybe it's because you believe that that's all you are "deep down". I'm sure a lot of people on this forum started to study socionics because they wondered "who am I?", so you're not alone. The trouble we run all into, is that this theory only explains how different people process and metabolize information, not who you are, what you're meant to do or even what you can do. It's not meant to define ourselves, and I hope you see the pain you cause yourself by projecting this image of a robot onto yourself. It's like saying "Man, I hate evolution theory! Deep down I'm a monkey". Don't deny your humanity or your uniqueness. You're more than a type.

To be honest, we will propably never know "who we are", because we change all the time. Being is not a state, it's a process. We love to tell ourselves stories and to grasp for things about ourselves that don't change, but that's mostly because we're afraid of change and meaninglessness. I hope you don't say "deep down I'm an emulator" just because you're afraid of being nothing...
    A lot of spiritual teachings say that if you tame the fear and let the world reveal itself to you, meaning appears on its own. In the meanwhile, just enjoy the mystery!