Thread: MBTI youtubers

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andreasdevig View Post
    Isn't that a good thing? To me, Socionics was always a part of MBTI. (Though I only got into MBTI/Typology in 2016). I remember someone asked a question on Quora, "What does an INFP look like?" I answered like "Blank, expressionless face. Look innocent, harmless. Teddybear look. ISFPs look more intense, almost evil looking eyes." This was obviously regarding EIIs and ESIs. I don't think I even knew this came from Socionics at the time. Type Tips (an MBTI YouTuber) would often talk of Socionics. He would compare the look of Jennifer Lopez (ESFJ) and Tyra Banks (ENFJ) and say that Tyra has a more 'darker' look/vibe. He would say that INFJs and INFPs both have equally strong Ni and Fi, but INFJs prefer to use Ni and INFPs prefer to use Fi. I didn't know this was from Socionics at the time either. I had no idea where it came from. So, to my perspective, Socionics was always a part of MBTI.
    I've been noticing some rather stark differences between the Se of Jung and MBTI and that of Socionics recently. Socionics Se has basically nothing to do with Jung's Se.

There's also the stripping out of meaning that happened in Socionics by changing the idea of F into ethics rather than feeling. There's probably more, but that's enough I think to call into question whether or not Socionics had the right idea.

I think Socionics has some good ideas, but I don't think of it as highly as I used to. MBTI is also flawed, so maybe the best solution is some kind of hybrid that doesn't exist yet. The MBTI people seem a lot more willing to adapt. Socionists are more dogmatic. MBTI peeps are willing to follow observation if it doesn't fit the theory. With socionists, be ready for the holy Inquisition if you challenge anything. Lol

Intensity probably relates more to Enneagram type and stacking than anything else, along with upbringing.

I also don't think of MBTI as shittily as I used to. It has some good points and thoughts. There is good writing out there from an MBTI perspective. There's a lot more writing in MBTI that is geared towards personal development, and the general idea of using the auxiliary to balance the type is going in the right direction.
    Last edited by Aramas; 07-24-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Eccentric Neurotic Narcissist andreasdevig's Avatar
    TIM
    FiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed some differences too.

"Intensity probably relates more to Enneagram type and stacking than anything else, along with upbringing."

But doesn't Se have to do with 'intensity' also? By 'intensity', I meant people who look intense on the outside. Since Se folks are very in tune with the external world, they tend to look more intense and present. Whereas N types look more like they're somewhere else, off in a different dimension, or like they're high or something.
    EII-INFj / INFP / Strong E4 and 9 energy / Melancholic-Phlegmatic / Musical-Intrapersonal-Spatial / Kinky-Sensual

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andreasdevig View Post
    I've noticed some differences too.

"Intensity probably relates more to Enneagram type and stacking than anything else, along with upbringing."

But doesn't Se have to do with 'intensity' also? By 'intensity', I meant people who look intense on the outside. Since Se folks are very in tune with the external world, they tend to look more intense and present. Whereas N types look more like they're somewhere else, off in a different dimension, or like they're high or something.
    The instinct variants have the most profound effect here. Sp doms no matter what type are still going to look like wallflowers who are just peeping outside when they do engage with the external world.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    The instinct variants have the most profound effect here. Sp doms no matter what type are still going to look like wallflowers who are just peeping outside when they do engage with the external world.
    How not to do Enneagram.