According to multiple socionics references, every type has a social mission to accomplish. This social mission may vary according to subtypes, and among individuals. Based on my personal experience, people generally know what they want to accomplish in life (in order to achieve their greatest potentialities, aka self actualization), however, few people actually end up there.
I'm finding it a bit difficult to grasp this topic, so maybe we can have a discussion or two.
Here are some questions:
1. Do you believe social missions are a thing?
2. Do you believe that people are generally happier when they actualize their potentials?
3. Are social missions simply based on a biological desire for status, or are they an attempt at terror management based on each type's individual worldview?
2. Are all people capable of achieving what they "truly want" (note: it can be very difficult to know what that is), or is real world success not type related (Example: an EII who has more athletic potential than an SLE)?
3. Have you or anyone you know achieved this kind of self actualization?
4. What are some general social missions for different types and subtypes?