This is something I've started to notice among members here. Obviously anyone can be interested in abnormal psychology/mental illness, but I've noticed Ne bases (both ILE and IEE) bring it up/have a good amount of knowledge regarding it, quite a bit. I know it's something I have a really immense interest in, which is what led me to a degree in psychology as well as working in behavioral health. It kind of helped me reconsider Ne base as a potential for myself. I have a particular interest in psychosis/psychotic disorders and have enjoyed working with people dealing with these issues. When I run into people who are in a place of struggling from it out in the world (which I'm often able to identify fairly quickly), I feel a sense of wanting to help in some way, not that I am the best at it. I don't know if I'm better suited for research, direct help, educating or what in this area.

Anyway, do any other Ne bases or Ne egos have this same sort of interest in regards to abnormal psychology and mental illness? What makes Ne bases have such interest in this?