Thread: Duals: Love and Hate

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    No, duals are not exact opposites, that would be conflictor (P vs J). I don't see anything wrong with using IR as a way to check typing, not the only method to find type, though.

I also think its not about like/dislike, it is more about how relationships develop. If in positive or negative outcome. That's the difference between duality and conflicting. In duality relationships love and acceptance should grow, in conflict, problems and disadvantages. I've experienced conflicting, duality and super ego and I can compare how super ego gets awful as it gets closer over time and how , how communication becomes almost impossible, and how good feelings get replaced for growing resentment, disatisfaction and reject. While you can observe that duality goes in opposite direction, grow up from mistrust and difficulties in communication to closeness and acceptance at the point of becoming like one.

In theory, you should feel attracted to both at first, your dual and your conflictor (I'm basing this saying in Strat). Where the danger would be confuse your conflictor by your dual (which would cause them both hurt). Ideally, conflict relationship should not become anything serious and dual should become more interesting.
    Depends on what you mean by exact I guess. My exact was meaning that the ego elements are inverses of each other. I wasn't thinking about mbti letters.

And yes I've found something similar where the negative relationships start out ok and end up sucking and vice versa. It's funny how the good relationships often start out bad, but it is kind of a trope in movies for that kind of thing to happen.

I'm not sure I would say people should be attracted to the conflictor too according to the theory, but maybe it happens.

Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Depends on what you mean by exact I guess. My exact was meaning that the ego elements are inverses of each other. I wasn't thinking about mbti letters.

And yes I've found something similar where the negative relationships start out ok and end up sucking and vice versa. It's funny how the good relationships often start out bad, but it is kind of a trope in movies for that kind of thing to happen.

I'm not sure I would say people should be attracted to the conflictor too according to the theory, but maybe it happens.
    not mbti, I meant socionics basic dichotomies and it goes along with valued IEs (stackings). The exact opposite is conflictor.

Ime, dual relationships don't start out bad. But deep communication doesnt seem the easiest thing to achieve at first and is easy for duals to just turn to page from a situation that you don't understand pretty well. Also as some socionics authors mention, its necessary a long period of time for duals to really match up (mb the same amount time that other relationships would require to see if it really works or not, I guess). Strat says each dual couple have their subconsious psychological "tests" to do to partners to achieve dualization.