Thread: HSP a.k.a. Highly Sensitive Person

Hybrid View

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the literature I have read on the matter, it seems like a stamp anyone can give themselves to rationalize their inability to cope with life. I mean, the sheer number of types of High Sensitivity is staggering.

Fortunately, this fashion trend has already passed. It is soooo 2013 to be Highly Sensitive. I understand gender identity disorders are all the rage nowadays.

On a different subject: anyone been listening to the lastest Khruangbin album already? Sounds fun, doesn't it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by consentingadult; 06-26-2020 at 07:33 AM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ETA: just today there was a comic strip in a Dutch paper today. The comic is called 'Sigmund', a psychologist:

The comic is saying this: The woman asks how she can change her character, as she is dissatisfied with her personality. To which Sigmund replies that she shouldn't worry, because once she reaches 50, she will more or less automatically become more honest, relaxed and kind. Bewildered she cries "But I'm only 30!" He tells her to be patient. And privately concludes the young always want everything fast.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking