Thread: Tattoos, Piercings, Body Mods, & Wacky Hair

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Tattoos, Piercings, Body Mods, & Wacky Hair

A fun little topic that I hope won't get me #cancelled in some way.I guess post pictures of what you would like or what you do have. Or share your thoughts idc

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thoughts are that Si valued lesser like and do what perverts the natural kind of beauty.
    Also J predisposes to be more conservative.
    Among Se valued, Ni should be among those who more often goes to extreme and inadequate cases.

The initial meaning of "tatoos" (and other mods) was signes, and not to make to look more beautiful. Signes to show your status, group, do magics etc.
    For example. The reason why tatoos are forbidden in Judaism is that those were common as magical signes, - something what can be out of Judaism and against it.

It's not what was supposed as beautiful, in common. It could be thought as opposite, but was made for other more weighty reasons.
    When Se valued do mods they partly express negativism to be beautiful. It's a protest against what they perceive as alien, what they want to reject, to not think. As all 8 functions are equally important - it's related to neurotic motivations.
    The similar neurotic problem seems is with wishing: bigger tits, lips, tatoos, lower weight when it's in medic norms, usage of bright cosmetics, many of jewelry, etc.
    But unlike with cosmetics, you can't wash out your tatoos to restore normal beautiful look or to change them to better. It's not reasonable and irrensonsible behavior - all that permanent body mods, when those are done with the idea "to look better".
    You'll not look better in most cases, but worse. Just do not understand this in a moment as the perception is distorted by neurotic process and sometimes weak beauty perception.

Peircing - is same often ugly. Small earings - is max of what should be done and anyway improves almost nothing in being attractive.
    Women mainly do "grooming" by such mods as a fun - it's main motivation, but not to make look better. And to show status by costy metals.
    The most attractive look is unmodified healthy body.
    Also, you may distract or hide from something negative by a mod - this may work for general impression. But the mod itself is doubtful to look good, it will be perceived as something wrong on the body.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a tattoo on my back, just the one ~~>

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EIE-Ni-H 359
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a tattoo of a cartoonish penis. So I like to joke that I have a “dick pic”.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post
    I have a tattoo on my back, just the one ~~>

That is such a cute tattoo omg!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never wanted a tattoo. They're cool, and I especially like how they look on men, but overall I'm not a tattoo fanatic. I honestly think any tattoo I'd get I would come to hate or get tired of after about a week lol. Plus, my interests and aesthetics change every few years. I also just don't think they would look good on me?

I can't explain it but I have a certain vibe about me when I look at myself in the mirror, when I picture myself, and tattoos tend to form a certain impression on me that doesn't match with the visual impression I have of myself. I've always thought tattoos signify passion or artfulness, and I'm not overtly passionate or artful. I'm kinda naive and bumbling haha. I like to feel and look simple.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EIE H View Post
    I have a tattoo of a cartoonish penis. So I like to joke that I have a “dick pic”.
    Show us OMG I'd love to see it

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vincit qui se vincit.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im reeeeaalllly considering getting a tattoo but I’m hesitant until I’m 100% certain of it. I have been researching how much a certain style would need touch ups, and other small things bc of it. Idk if I should start with a small or a somewhat larger tattoo.

anyways here are some design ideas I have right now https://pin.it/2ZlXNpU

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don’t like or want any of it honestly
    I didn’t pierce my daughter’s ears
    Somehow I want her to be physically rid of all this social nonesense -sorry for the judgement-you do you!
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Somehow I want her to be physically rid of all this social nonesense -sorry for the judgement-you do you!
    what do you mean by tattoos and piercings being "social nonsense"...? if you don't mind me asking

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tattoos can be used against you as identifying marks. > : ( Don't let the cops win.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    Im reeeeaalllly considering getting a tattoo but I’m hesitant until I’m 100% certain of it. I have been researching how much a certain style would need touch ups, and other small things bc of it. Idk if I should start with a small or a somewhat larger tattoo.

bump - any tattoo suggestions?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump - any tattoo suggestions?
    I saw someone with Roman Numerals (of some significant date to them) on the side of the wrist, and I really liked it. If I get a tattoo, it would prob be something of that nature.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    LOL yeah I don't have any either. They're cool and pretty to look at I guess, I just don't think it's worth my money. I think my only problem with tattoos is that whatever you decide to put on your body, it'll permanently be there. If I'm in the mood to draw on my body I'll just use henna I guess

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in the same boat. Those tattoos are so pretty. I think starting out with a small one might be best so you'll get used to it.

Colors tend to be more expensive and need more touch ups over the years, but I think they're well worth it if you really like it.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, because a tattoo would clash with my STEM/engineering bro outward impression. But I also have a split personality, and that other personality might choose to get a tattoo.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Occasionally I’m overcome by a strong desire to get a tattoo the same way I have random urges to chop my hair off or get bangs. Usually the feeling passes within a day or two.

There’s like a .00001% chance I’ll ever follow through with getting a tattoo, but if I were to get one, I’d get something fun and meaningless for sure. Something small, cute, and kawaii.

I don’t think I’d ever want a deeply personal tattoo because I’m mostly a private person, and I wouldn’t want to display something like that for people to see and comment on.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have a socionics tattoo?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It seems too permanent. I also dislike to focus on my body. I want to forget it. In terms of hair... it grows but even then it seems hard to make anything lasting (even a standard haircut).
    I totally get that someone wants to show off something but it is like tomorrow is tomorrow but today is today...

OK... I have commitment issues.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Thoughts are that Si valued lesser like and do what perverts the natural kind of beauty.
    Also J predisposes to be more conservative.
    Among Se valued, Ni should be among those who more often goes to extreme and inadequate cases.

The initial meaning of "tatoos" (and other mods) was signes, and not to make to look more beautiful. Signes to show your status, group, do magics etc.
    For example. The reason why tatoos are forbidden in Judaism is that those were common as magical signes, - something what can be out of Judaism and against it.

It's not what was supposed as beautiful, in common. It could be thought as opposite, but was made for other more weighty reasons.
    When Se valued do mods they partly express negativism to be beautiful. It's a protest against what they perceive as alien, what they want to reject, to not think. As all 8 functions are equally important - it's related to neurotic motivations.
    The similar neurotic problem seems is with wishing: bigger tits, lips, tatoos, lower weight when it's in medic norms, usage of bright cosmetics, many of jewelry, etc.
    But unlike with cosmetics, you can't wash out your tatoos to restore normal beautiful look or to change them to better. It's not reasonable and irrensonsible behavior - all that permanent body mods, when those are done with the idea "to look better".
    You'll not look better in most cases, but worse. Just do not understand this in a moment as the perception is distorted by neurotic process and sometimes weak beauty perception.

Peircing - is same often ugly. Small earings - is max of what should be done and anyway improves almost nothing in being attractive.
    Women mainly do "grooming" by such mods as a fun - it's main motivation, but not to make look better. And to show status by costy metals.
    The most attractive look is unmodified healthy body.
    Also, you may distract or hide from something negative by a mod - this may work for general impression. But the mod itself is doubtful to look good, it will be perceived as something wrong on the body.
    Well, doing magic and showing who or what you're devoted to seem pretty Ni. Then, that'd make idolatry Ni, too. Anything unpleasant really could probably be considered Ni: people trading the reality of something for a fake symbol, and harming their ability to exist in the world. It's little wonder the people who worship whatever also finally worship Ni. A common use for tattoos was to mark slaves and prisoners, e.g., Holocaust victim/survivor number tattoos. Marking someone else maybe is Se, marking yourself willingly maybe is Ni, neither seems great. If marking yourself with a tattoo is dedicating yourself to an idol, Hı̇tler giving you a tattoo is him trying to be your god. Luckily, he failed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    people trading the reality of something for a fake symbol, and harming their ability to exist in the world
    The general magical idea is when a human believes in a something - he arises a chance for that to be/happen. The reality and our mind are not limited to conscious contents, while the imagination can be a link between consciousness and the rest. We do not know limits, which may do not exist at all. My little practice shaw that this approach (for telepathy, for example) allowed to happen what was doubtful to happen accidentally.
    If a human believes that painted symbol does something - there exist a chance for a help. Magics is a part of the reality, so "harming the ability to exist in the world" would be the rejection of magical approach as possibly useful. The minimum what may happen - self-hypnosis after what the mind (including its unconsious part) will get a useful attitude which may arise a chance for something. A human sees a paint and this supports the attitude further.

> A common use for tattoos was to mark slaves and prisoners

They are used from far past and in many cultures. The most what could be common - to do not suppose them as mainly a decoration, as happens today.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are to scare people or to look cool and get girls in bed. Signals for "bad ass" personality for men. Also displaying a fearless of bodily harm, Si in id block-probably.

non of the si/ne types i ve known has a tattoo. Im sure there are some out there but seems more of a Se (ego) thing.

I did want to have one though especially late teens for the reasons i ve written above. Glad i didnt cos my mind would change in weeks/months about if it looks good or not and that would cause me excessive stress having sth on my skin that i cannot get rid of.

I did get those weekly tattoos that disappears it wasnt as cool as i though it would be. I would never get sth permanant.

TIM
    SCS: SLE
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only like yakuza styled tattoos, simply because the patterns are consistent throughout the body and the identity it gives a person. Other Tattoos look like the desks at my school, just scribbles. Desks get disrespected, no way I'd treat my body like that. However, I don't like how it is permanent, I like to change and imagine removing a body tattoo just for a new one(ouch and WTF). To be honest, temporary tattoos are fine and great, otherwise I have commitment issues with tattoos.

I don't like piercings, the ear ones are okay. Facial piercings tend to look very cheap, and I always have an urge to rip them out from other people's face because of how stupid they look. I had my ears pierced at 2 months old, so I don't remember it. I don't like making holes in my skin.

Wacky hair looks stupid and ugly, simple. The most extreme haircut I got was a wolfcut.

Other body modifications scare me, no way would I want to put a foreign object into my body. The most body modification I'll do is wearing a corset, is that worse? Likely no.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The general magical idea is when a human believes in a something - he arises a chance for that to be/happen. The reality and our mind are not limited to conscious contents, while the imagination can be a link between consciousness and the rest. We do not know limits, which may do not exist at all. My little practice shaw that this approach (for telepathy, for example) allowed to happen what was doubtful to happen accidentally.
    If a human believes that painted symbol does something - there exist a chance for a help. Magics is a part of the reality, so "harming the ability to exist in the world" would be the rejection of magical approach as possibly useful. The minimum what may happen - self-hypnosis after what the mind (including its unconsious part) will get a useful attitude which may arise a chance for something. A human sees a paint and this supports the attitude further.

They are used from far past and in many cultures. The most what could be common - to do not suppose them as mainly a decoration, as happens today.
    Maybe, but I think there are intrinsically-imposed limits to what you can believe. You can't believe whatever you want. You can't believe things that are logically contradictory or nonsense, for example. You can't believe 2 + 2 = 5, or 1 = 3, or white is black and black is white, no matter what Big Brother from 1984 wants. There are certain aspects of phenomenology, epistemology, metaphysics, and the like which I think prevent people from believing whatever they would like. If you believe you can tell a mountain to move it might move, but under what conditions can you actually believe that? Schopenhauer said a man can get what he wants but he cannot want what he wants, and I think you can get what you believe but not want what you believe, too.

Now, telepathy is a fascinating subject, but I'm not under the impression that that's the same as the sorcery that these books warn against and which you seem to want to legitimize in a sort of Slavic neopagan fashion. After all, what's widely considered the scariest passage in the New Testament consists of Jesus knowing the Pharisee's thoughts... after they reacted negatively to the fact he could cast out spirits of muteness (dumbness) which they couldn't because they had to talk to possessed people and Jesus didn't. That sounds like telepathy and more telepathy to me. There are all sorts of strange things in the world. Animals can get around with magnetoreception and some humans can, too. People are not very well-aware of what they're aware of. Normal sighted humans can use ecolocation, but people like Thomas Nagel who think they can't write What Is It Like to Be a Bat? anyway. People called the ideas of Isaac Newton like gravity and magnetism "occult forces," but "occult" meaning hidden is a bit different than "occult" meaning demon-worship. Occultation means one thing blocks another.

Dealing with the fact that words like "occult," "magic," "divination," "mystic," etc. have multiple meanings is definitely a great way to try to smuggle in questionable sorcery practices by arguing that magnetism is the same thing, but it doesn't actually make it true. You might want to believe in house-spirits or believe that Choronzon is just part of your subconscious or that Jungian ideas are simply projections of your mind, you might want to believe the Bible or Qur'an or Bhagavad Gita are actually stories about us and not about God, you might want to believe as Jordan Peterson said that "You're your own Church, you're your own God," but can you really believe that? You can get what you believe, certainly, but I'm still not at all convinced you can want what you believe.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This doesn't contradict what I said at all. Marking yourself as a slave to a god or god-king/god-queen is the same kind of idea, and what I suspect the real basis for the magic aspect tends to be. It seems basically the same as the idea of talismans and amulets. Even status symbols today seem more like talismans than like decorations, considering how ugly many of them are. It's all about the symbolic value, but it's about the symbolic value because the mind affects reality. However, just because the mind affects reality doesn't make that a good thing. People are full of all sorts of self-destructive drives and have all kinds of neuroses and psychoses. Anything the mind does will reflect the mind which did it. I find real life often resembles 40k, the one sci-fi universe people generally don't want to live in, too much for comfort. What is found in the mind almost certainly did not originate there. Someone into socionics, the cybernetic typology theory, should know that most of all.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idol View Post
    They are to scare people or to look cool and get girls in bed. Signals for "bad ass" personality for men. Also displaying a fearless of bodily harm, Si in id block-probably.

non of the si/ne types i ve known has a tattoo. Im sure there are some out there but seems more of a Se (ego) thing.

I did want to have one though especially late teens for the reasons i ve written above. Glad i didnt cos my mind would change in weeks/months about if it looks good or not and that would cause me excessive stress having sth on my skin that i cannot get rid of.

I did get those weekly tattoos that disappears it wasnt as cool as i though it would be. I would never get sth permanant.
    I agree with a lot of your points here, especially the first one. Tattoos can be quite visually arresting, whether they are cute anime characters as full sleeve tattoos or one facial tattoo.
    Tattoos make a person very distinguishable, even more so when the tattoos accentuate a particular image the wearer is already embodying...whether that's in their style of clothing, or uniform if they're in a gang.

If the person already looks imposing to me, seeing their tattoos can make them appear even more threatening. I have wondered why my brain makes the connection.
    Perhaps the connection all along was due to my awareness of a person being under the needle, their fearlessness.

When I was doing a retail/checkout role in a store there were a few occasions where I served male customers who had neck tattoos. When speaking with them my voice would turn into a squeak and my body would feel floaty and numb. The erratic sensations in my body could be confused for attraction, but I was actually feeling scared.

When I was 17 all of my friends had body modifications of some kind, mostly piercings. I became joined at the hip with one girl in particular and started to dress like her, listen to the same music. I really thought she was the bees knees . I went as far as having an irreversible modification done to my body to match hers (in the name of "love" as I thought it at the time) and didn't regret it until it I was in my 30s. The worry now is that fellow adults will not take me seriously.

So I understand where you're coming from, when you mention feeling stressed at the thought of being stuck with a semi-permanent change to your body...a relic from another time.
    Trying out a temporary tattoo was wise.

p.s. I could get surgery one day, but it would be costly. At this point I'm happy to trod on as I am.
    Last edited by thistle; 04-13-2023 at 08:04 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Lol, no, NEVER!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Lol, no, NEVER!
    Lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

any tattoo suggestions?

though, the place can be better

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Pair this with a Virginity Rocks t-shirt and you'll be looking fly

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HotAndCold View Post
    I only like yakuza styled tattoos, simply because the patterns are consistent throughout the body and the identity it gives a person. Other Tattoos look like the desks at my school, just scribbles. Desks get disrespected, no way I'd treat my body like that. However, I don't like how it is permanent, I like to change and imagine removing a body tattoo just for a new one(ouch and WTF). To be honest, temporary tattoos are fine and great, otherwise I have commitment issues with tattoos.

I don't like piercings, the ear ones are okay. Facial piercings tend to look very cheap, and I always have an urge to rip them out from other people's face because of how stupid they look. I had my ears pierced at 2 months old, so I don't remember it. I don't like making holes in my skin.

Wacky hair looks stupid and ugly, simple. The most extreme haircut I got was a wolfcut.

Other body modifications scare me, no way would I want to put a foreign object into my body. The most body modification I'll do is wearing a corset, is that worse? Likely no.
    Damn not even dyed hair color? Live a little jk

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orange juice View Post
    Damn not even dyed hair color? Live a little jk
    Dyed hair looks mediocre tbh

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My brother ILI has a full sleeve to the wrist and gets whatever. His gf LIE plans hers out and has a good bit of her left side done in anime characters.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HotAndCold View Post
    Dyed hair looks mediocre tbh
    Fair enough. What do you like?

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orange juice View Post
    Fair enough. What do you like?
    Anything that genuinely looks good

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

what do you mean by tattoos and piercings being "social nonsense"...? if you don't mind me asking
    I believe it’s socially encouraged.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't mind them/think they are cool as long as they are tastefully done. Hell even if they aren't tastefully done I think that's amusing, at least something is happening for ppl to make fun of u about rather than just boring blandness all the time. I respect that more than having no tattooes and being a conservative douche like Ben Shaprio. Some of the coolest & most non judgemental ppl I know have tattoos and/or piercings. I do think you need the right body type to pull some things off. I think Jesse Santana can pull off nipple piercings (/drool), I wouldn't really recommend those on the more 'average' guy or anything lol.