Hybrid View

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The issue with truth right now politically is there isn't one. All facts are becoming increasingly politicized to the extent that double-think is in everything on both sides of the spectrum. Each side will notice this in the opposing side but won't notice it in themselves, or is too afraid to call out their own side because they will then be seen as advocating for the other side. I don't know how it works for people on the right, but on the left it's social suicide to be associated with the right

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    because its more about power/control/group think/"what feels right" than it is about truth. nobody cares about truth.

pretending to care about truth is just a surface level thing
    How can everyone not realize the very basic feature of human beings that makes everyone inclined to attribute this error to those with oppositional worldviews? My natural inclination is to think that those with opposing opinions are just ignoring the facts (and you're one of those people) but I can exercise my cognition and empathy for 2 seconds to come to terms with the fact that people are generally motivated by the truth (in the framework of their exposure and perception, which doesn't exclude emotional coloration, no matter how much of a badass logical someone is). Saying "those people don't care about truth" is not only inaccurate, but also completely unimpactful except for maybe providing both sides with a feeling of indignant righteousness that adds to the universal shitpile of conflict fuel.