Thread: Truth and niceness

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm a little confused about the relative truth thing. From what I can tell, it's an opinion that a person is telling the truth about having?

I might be critical of a truth that someone tells (a relative one, or an objective one within a certain context) and this is frequently perceived as wanting to censor people or something. But I wish the truth was a more common thing and you could always face people where they stand instead of all this dancing around innuendo bullshit or calling out "dog whistles" (that may or not be intended that way) etc. So much more shit could be resolved if it was faced head on. From my Fi standpoint I also like having accurate data with which to make my evaluations of someone.

Have a tumblr.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I'm a little confused about the relative truth thing. From what I can tell, it's an opinion that a person is telling the truth about having?

relative like....it can change depending on the context.

For example, its generally rude/nasty to let out a loud BURP or FART while people are eating.... However, in some cultures, burping really loud while eating is considered a sign of respect (crazy right lol)

so if something can change based on "it depends" then it's a relative truth

also on opinions, the definition being:

a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
    so for opinions they don't necessarily have to contain truths, facts, knowledge but they can as well

I might be critical of a truth that someone tells (a relative one, or an objective one within a certain context) and this is frequently perceived as wanting to censor people or something. But I wish the truth was a more common thing and you could always face people where they stand instead of all this dancing around innuendo bullshit or calling out "dog whistles" (that may or not be intended that way) etc.
    for sure, wouldn't it be awesome if things were more straight forward? like girls. if they simply told us if they liked us, man........ why do they gotta be so complicated ugh

sometimes we believe simply because everyone else does, which can be a good thing. after all we want to fit in, be accepted, be cool. And that's fine....But when you do it every single time - it can be costly or dangerous depending on what it is.

but its because we're human and the truth is scary or it just plain out hurts. the phrase "ignorance is bliss" or the quote "you can't handle the truth!!!" applies here - do u want to know alllll the dirty secrets of everyone right in your face 100% of the time? do u want your neighbors to know about allllll your secrets? I wouldn't, I'd probably go insane lol.

at the end of the day we all withhold or share certain levels of information, depending on what we want. that's why I recommend for all of us - take in information from different viewpoints, sources, pros/cons, good/bad....... let it sink it .... let the emotions fade away .... THEN evaluate it.

So much more shit could be resolved if it was faced head on. From my Fi standpoint I also like having accurate data with which to make my evaluations of someone.
    im usually wrong about people's evaluations/feelings/relation to me lol... after realizing this i always give myself a couple days to cool off

Have a tumblr.
    yea i actually used to use tumblr (back in the day) and got banned (LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Relative truth lol
    yea it sounds like a oxymoron... but i think people made that term to better illustrate the nuance
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 06-20-2020 at 09:11 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Computer Loser; 06-20-2020 at 09:10 PM.

Like think it twice but never, never learn. Vex's Avatar
    TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    yea i actually used to use tumblr (back in the day) and got banned (LOL)
    How on earth did you get banned from tubglr, I used to reblog and post irl gore pictures when I was a edgelord teenager and I've still never been banned
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

Model G: IEI-CNHD
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL