Thread: Truth and niceness

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I agree with you insofar as I've felt my hands tied about saying certain things and truth can be at odds with maintaining a desired feeling. A few things:

-Someone can use "morality" in a cynical way in support of an agenda or someone can be genuinely opposed to verbal output causing actual pain. It isn't either/or. This talk about PC being Fi could be because through the lens of Ti, it could only be the former. A logical formality to push an agenda. The actual emotional aspect (not hurting people) would be negated and perceived as always fake. ???

-I appreciate truth that isn't "PC" if it's presented a certain way, which would be the Fe of it (even if the unawareness of it in some cases). When anti-PC stuff is annoying, it isn't due to its logic, or facing the facts in and of themselves (which Fi obviously wouldn't be opposed to), but due to the Fe. When it's not actually just the facts, lol, but a persona deliberately constructed in the pursuit of one's own agenda and aiming to be "edgy" or something. (I'll use the n word if I want, mom! I'll wear a t-shirt to school with that word because I love facts!)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I agree with you insofar as I've felt my hands tied about saying certain things and truth can be at odds with maintaining a desired feeling. A few things:

-Someone can use "morality" in a cynical way in support of an agenda or someone can be genuinely opposed to verbal output causing actual pain. It isn't either/or. This talk about PC being Fi could be because through the lens of Ti, it could only be the former. A logical formality to push an agenda. The actual emotional aspect (not hurting people) would be negated and perceived as always fake. ???

-I appreciate truth that isn't "PC" if it's presented a certain way, which would be the Fe of it (even if the unawareness of it in some cases). When anti-PC stuff is annoying, it isn't due to its logic, or facing the facts in and of themselves (which Fi obviously wouldn't be opposed to), but due to the Fe. When it's not actually just the facts, lol, but a persona deliberately constructed in the pursuit of one's own agenda and aiming to be "edgy" or something. (I'll use the n word if I want, mom! I'll wear a t-shirt to school with that word because I love facts!)
    the most frustrating part is when people immediately can't see the "greater good" and immediately condemn me lol ..... and it happens over and over and over and over

but again, i can't get them to "logically" understand this.... its why the statement "people dont change" exist.

o well

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    the most frustrating part is when people immediately can't see the "greater good" and immediately condemn me lol ..... and it happens over and over and over and over

but again, i can't get them to "logically" understand this.... its why the statement "people dont change" exist.

o well
    If it keeps happening, I’d say one of two things. One, what they are seeing is real. Or, two, what they are seeing might not be “real”, but it is exactly what you want them to see.