TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Why someone becomes a Marxist?
    I think it partly boils down to some kind of "regressive" personality disorder. By "regressive" I mean a longing to return to childhood, with the State as the great Parent. The believer in Marxism longs to become the child of Daddy and Mommy State, the great Caretaker that makes sure that all siblings have everything they need and are treated equally.

There's also another kind of Marxist, the one who wants to dominate and rule over others and be the benevolent wise and allknowing Parent or older sibling who occasionally has to punish the children for their own good.

In either case the appeal of Marxism comes from a deep unconscious desire to return to an idealized version of childhood.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    I think it partly boils down to some kind of "regressive" personality disorder. By "regressive" I mean a longing to return to childhood, with the State as the great Parent. The believer in Marxism longs to become the child of Daddy and Mommy State, the great Caretaker that makes sure that all siblings have everything they need and are treated equally.

There's also another kind of Marxist, the one who wants to dominate and rule over others and be the benevolent wise and allknowing Parent or older sibling who occasionally has to punish the children for their own good.

In either case the appeal of Marxism comes from a deep unconscious desire to return to an idealized version of childhood.
    that actually would make sense in the case of my dad, just that mb is not a desire to return to childhood but he as caregiver type thinks the best way for society is to get that idealized version of government where there's equity in the use of resources (that actually belong to that parental nation not to ppl as individuals).