Hybrid View

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Nonsense. People marry for the craziest of reasons, often out of social custom (and promotion by fairy tale stories that make people believe marriage is the ultimate bliss after which you will live happily ever after) and sheer ignorance. Marriage is a cultural phenomenon, not a psychological one.

But as far as that SLI woman was concerned, she was my common law wife.
    Yes but most people buy into the idea of duals because they imagine some kind of happily-ever-after partnership, like marriage. So I’m focusing on this scenario, and instances where it has failed, to gain more useful info about it.

Can’t believe it’s that hard to figure out the purpose of this thread. Thinking of shutting it down.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Can’t believe it’s that hard to figure out the purpose of this thread. Thinking of shutting it down.
    If you start a thread, it is unwise to expect people to stay within the lines you want them to stay into. You have a right to express yourself, so have they. If you can't handle that, start a blog to post your views instead of starting a thread were people can discuss things, and you will have full control. I and the other forum members are not ventriloquist puppets.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    If you start a thread, it is unwise to expect people to stay within the lines you want them to stay into. You have a right to express yourself, so have they. If you can't handle that, start a blog to post your views instead of starting a thread were people can discuss things, and you will have full control. I and the other forum members are not ventriloquist puppets.
    In most threads on here including in this thread, people have been able to provide useful examples. So were you, finally, amazingly. It’s a waste of one’s own time to write in a thread where it isn’t even a contribution, unless it’s trolling. I agreed with your opinion actually but I thought that it was already self-evident.

@Adam Strange Yes, I don’t mind imperfect examples. “Been together for many years” is close enough. But @consentingadult if you say that a relationship “never materialized”, it means that it never existed lol. Nobody would think that you actually meant that you were married, from that kind of wording.