Thread: Systemic racism does not exist, BLM is stupid

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm black, grew up in the hood. I don't see it today.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    @Lord Pixel, do you mean, you don't see systematic racism today?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Lord Pixel, do you mean, you don't see systematic racism today?
    Yes.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes.
    Interesting. I'm pretty sure it exists.

Not everyone is racist in destructive ways. I made the transition from seeing people first as being of a particular race to seeing them primarily as a particular sociotype, and I think that there are many, possibly most, people today who are not toxically racist. But a lot of people still are, and I'd say that not all of them are old farts left over from the civil war.

I also think that systematic racism lingers in the US culture in many subtle and non-subtle ways. Housing, for one thing, still seems to be heavily segregated by race. Things are getting better, but race is not yet not a factor in many areas. Levels of wealth are very different between racial categories. That can be accounted for by historical discrimination. Today, there is the potential for everyone to do better, but some people are starting from way behind, and it's very hard to play catch-up. For example, the richest areas in the US are the ones that have been settled the longest. Wealth just tends to accumulate, once you get some.

I'd say that most of the opportunities in the US are close to being equal across racial categories, but there has been an historical imbalance that was so great that it still lingers in many areas today.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Interesting. I'm pretty sure it exists.

Not everyone is racist in destructive ways. I made the transition from seeing people first as being of a particular race to seeing them primarily as a particular sociotype, and I think that there are many, possibly most, people today who are not toxically racist. But a lot of people still are, and I'd say that not all of them are old farts left over from the civil war.

I also think that systematic racism lingers in the US culture in many subtle and non-subtle ways. Housing, for one thing, still seems to be heavily segregated by race. Things are getting better, but race is not yet not a factor in many areas. Levels of wealth are very different between racial categories. That can be accounted for by historical discrimination. Today, there is the potential for everyone to do better, but some people are starting from way behind, and it's very hard to play catch-up. For example, the richest areas in the US are the ones that have been settled the longest. Wealth just tends to accumulate, once you get some.

I'd say that most of the opportunities in the US are close to being equal across racial categories, but there has been an historical imbalance that was so great that it still lingers in many areas today.
    Racist people exist yea (in every race) but I don't see how that's Systemic Racism, and I don't see how past discrimination is Systemic Racism today, we don't have actual Jim Crow laws, like they did back then, anymore. People have financial privilege because wealth has been passed down so they have more housing opportunities, but that's financial privilege not systemic racism, a black millionaire can live wherever a white millionaire can live. But I don't see systems in place that say this race or that is less than/can't have the same opportunities that this race has. And is housing segregated by systems or preference? Are people just choosing to live by people that look like them? And if that's the case, what exactly is wrong with that?

You have black people that come here from other countries and get higher education than most Americans and good jobs and make more than the average household, if the system was Racist it would apply to them too. And personally I have not seen these "systems" or their affect on my life, being black and the historical imbalance did not stop my family from moving up from low class and getting the same life as anybody else, and this assumes that the aren't white people who start off life poor. I've never seen the systems in place that are designed to stop me from opportunities because I'm black, if they exist, they failed to do the job, let alone hold any weight in my life whatsoever.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 08-02-2020 at 04:07 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank u for your testimony - I'm not black so my opinion doesn't matter apparently even though I'm spitting out pretty much what u say.

FYI this one police officer was a DICK, he framed me into going to the hospital, but at the same time, some cops protected me and saved my life.

Racist people do exist though, some on this forum (and even one mod member, after observin' them talkin about "twinks") are racist.
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 09-01-2020 at 01:33 AM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    Thank u for your testimony - I'm not black so my opinion doesn't matter apparently even though I'm spitting out pretty much what u say.

FYI this one police officer was a DICK, he framed me into going to the hospital, but at the same time, some cops protected me and saved my life.

Racist people do exist though, some on this forum (and even one mod member, after observin' them talkin about "twinks") are racist.
    I'm just saying, I look around and don't see my "oppression", even though I was in the conditions where it's supposed to be right in front of my face.

Yea, life is nuanced, but nuance is messy so it doesn't give people one liners to spout.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 09-04-2020 at 02:54 AM.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just saying, I look around and don't see my oppression, even though I was in the conditions where it's supposed to be right in front of my face.

Yea, life is nuanced, but nuance is messy so it doesn't give people one liners to spout.
    People try to make things more cut & dry than they really are in reality imo. Would you agree?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LMFAO View Post
    People try to make things more cut & dry than they really are in reality imo. Would you agree?
    Cut and dry makes headlines. And people only read headlines nowadays.