Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
I was getting the feeling that she has trauma from things like sexual assault and domestic violence from men, which a lot of women do, and it can lead to fearing men in certain contexts or being triggered by certain things, which sends someone through the PTSD trauma loop again. I don't understand what to do with this conceptually though because the issue is that JK Rowling sounds like she is perceiving at least some transgender women as men and referring to them as men, which is where the entire problem comes in, because that's denying their existence as women and this is at the heart of the entire mess since they are fighting for their right to live freely as their gender(s).

Unfortunately this just isn't a topic that can be understood without nuance and I feel like nuance is often missing, and even the word "nuance" is probably politicized now as the extreme right wing can use arguments about nuance to try to gain acceptance of bigotry (it's not bigotry, it's nuance!). They probably took the word from the left wing as I recall it being used a lot on the left to argue against bigoted views. Anyway, Twitter doesn't allow enough characters for nuance, and maybe that's why everything is 0 or 1.
I wasn’t replying to you btw. I agree with some parts of what you’ve said here though.

I was just saying that she should’ve been more specific about the abuse otherwise it sounds potentially dramatized or made up, IMO.