Hi. Are we doomed to fail. It's not romantic- a friendship.
Anyone have experience with this relation?
Socionics is cool and all, but the thing is the whole ITR is scarily accurate in my experience, and it's like. OK Cassandra. I know you're right, but go die in a hole.
Anyway, is there anything I can do to make it work better? My friendship with this particular SLI. For now everything is fine and dandy and we get along well, and I really like him. I think he's a Si-sub because so far i haven't felt too irritated by any Te.
What was obvious right away to me was that he's an introvert and a thinker (clearly not ethical especially Fe), but sometimes he catches me so off guard with how considerate (even sweet) he is in his own way to me. I'm always hesitant to assume things about people who I know think so different than me, but from how he acts towards me I would say that he does genuinely care about me to some extent.
Also, I read that superegos usually don't get too bad if the individuals are not forced to be too close together for too long. I think one thing that helps is that we are not always around each other (and mostly only virtually now because of social distancing) and we have a common interest, we always play a game called Overwatch together. It's always just us two, that's how we like it.
- Although I'm a pretty strong Ni-sub, I'm worried my Fe can still "hurt" him, and I try to subdue it a bit, but.. yeah idk. i'm an expressive person (if i'm comfortable) and should i try to subdue how i do it a little less?
- Also, how do SLIs usually go about the process of getting to know someone? do they need a lot of space? Do people that go too fast/expressive of affection turn them off, or do they welcome it somewhat? sometimes i wonder if i make him uncomfortable with my questions, or if i annoy him by my request of a daily song recommendation, for example.
- What kinds of things annoy them? Do you think he minds that I like to roast him a lot? I can tell that on the inside he's slightly insecure, and I can't really gauge if sometimes he takes what i say to heart (although he also isn't afraid to roast me as well).
- Also, SLI are "caregivers" so they like to "teach" in a way? They like that? We like to play this game together and I always ask how tf do i get better aim like you.
- also, how do they react to personal criticism? i know with SLEs or ILEs to a lesser extent, i can openly tell them why they suck (because i care for them), but i don't know how he would react. i probably would have to temper my bluntness a bit. he tricks me cause it seems like he could take it but perhaps it's a bit too harsh, which is totally understandable
- and, do they mind, or do they find it annoying or something, if i openly express my affection for them? for example, he always wants me to play because "you're my carry" (it means "I only win bc of you") but when i say something back like "No you're MY carry <3" is that uncomfortable for them? cause he never replies to those so idk how he takes it.
- how do SLIs take compliments?
Thank you if you read all this. Also please don't roast me for overanalyzing this (
Thank you to any SLIs who tell me what they think