Hybrid View

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    The reason for hypnotic stare in these videos is the phone camera, I don't stare at people when talking to them, it's a form of challenge with other males (I only do it when wanting to do so) or a sign of interest with females.

I don't need your confirmation for people I know well, I know my interactions with Fe leads and Fe creatives and how to type them, especially after living with one for more than half a decade.

Type 9 descriptions contains loads of bs about harmony, spiritual connections to the cosmos and other people, none of that is me. I'm not an "adaptive peacemaker", I don't shun conflict and deny my needs to accommodate others.
    Most people don't have the hypnotic stare when talking to their phone camera. That's where type comes in to show us the difference. It's interesting that earlier you had said that your phlegmatic appearance might have come from having grown up in a "Delta society?" It's really not how these things work.

I will still suggest looking into type 9. Having seen the videos and having read through the thread, I don't see much that contradicts this typing. Type 8 seems very unlikely, however, even if type 9 doesn't turn out to be your core fixation. But there's nothing wrong with deeper study.

Edit: I will add that, since your Je wasn't all that loud in those videos, perhaps your positive interactions with Fe leads (if typed correctly) could come from being Fe creative. Either way, I feel strong on Pi for you. Good luck!
    Last edited by Samson; 06-03-2020 at 12:04 PM.

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Most people don't have the hypnotic stare when talking to their phone camera. That's where type comes in to show us the difference. It's interesting that earlier you had said that your phlegmatic appearance might have come from having grown up in a "Delta society?" It's really not how these things work.

I will still suggest looking into type 9. Having seen the videos and having read through the thread, I don't see much that contradicts this typing. Type 8 seems very unlikely, however, even if type 9 doesn't turn out to be your core fixation. But there's nothing wrong with deeper study.
    Staring at the phone was a conscious choice as there wasn't anything else in the room to focus on and I didn't want to seem like I was talking to my walls. Culture definitely has a strong effect on behavior such as expressiveness and gesturing. It doesn't affect your inborn socionics type but there you have to look into information processing metabolism and not at surface-level behavior.

Enneagram is not really that interesting to me as compared to socionics but having read through all the type descriptions, 8 was definitely the one that stood out to me. I'm simply not a harmonious, accomodating, peaceful and lazy conflict-avoider.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Staring at the phone was a conscious choice as there wasn't anything else in the room to focus on and I didn't want to seem like I was talking to my walls. Culture definitely has a strong effect on behavior such as expressiveness and gesturing. It doesn't affect your inborn socionics type but there you have to look into information processing metabolism and not at surface-level behavior.

Enneagram is not really that interesting to me as compared to socionics but having read through all the type descriptions, 8 was definitely the one that stood out to me. I'm simply not a harmonious, accomodating, peaceful and lazy conflict-avoider.
    Yet you showed no signs that indicated Ji to me. I really don't believe that your conscious choice to stare (this is in itself indicative of type, fyi) overruled your inborn type in this instance, but if you think it did, then perhaps you might consider making a video where you are more your spontaneous self - because otherwise any comments that were based on these videos were for naught. Culture has a rather small impact on gestures, and the research I'm basing my comments on shows a much stronger trend across type. Even still, you mentioned being European, living in a European country? -> your VI is then easily comparable to other Westerners. (Edit: I should specify that I'm speaking of individual type, not any of the larger groupings.)

As per Enneagram, it's like I said, you can always invest yourself in deeper study. If you choose not to, and Enneagram doesn't interest you much, then why claim a type at all?

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet you showed no signs that indicated Ji to me. I really don't believe that your conscious choice to stare (this is in itself indicative of type, fyi) overruled your inborn type in this instance, but if you think it did, then perhaps you might consider making a video where you are more your spontaneous self - because otherwise any comments that were based on these videos were for naught. Culture has a rather small impact on gestures, and the research I'm basing my comments on show a much stronger trend across type.

As per Enneagram, it's like I said, you can always invest yourself in deeper study. If you choose not to, and Enneagram doesn't interest you much, then why claim a type at all?
    It wasn't a real conversation, just a recounting of things that I didn't need to think about, so obviously there was little need for Ji pauses to consider things. Yeah, believe it or not, but I don't stare at people during conversations. ILI tend to do this and I notice it, their eyes seem "empty" as if not focused on what they're actually seeing. Culture is most relevant in considering the "volume" of gesturing and movements. People from areas with high population density are much more animated than people from areas with extremely low population density. I could consider making more videos but I'd prefer actually talking to a real person in that case.

Enneagram is more of a fun game of categorizing people on the surface than a serious theory of cognition, but I took a few looks at it and decided to fill in the types that seemed most fitting. For me this forum is more for fun and meeting people than serious theoretical discussion which quickly starts to bore me.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't a real conversation, just a recounting of things that I didn't need to think about, so obviously there was little need for Ji pauses to consider things. Yeah, believe it or not, but I don't stare at people during conversations. ILI tend to do this and I notice it, their eyes seem "empty" as if not focused on what they're actually seeing. Culture is most relevant in considering the "volume" of gesturing and movements. People from areas with high population density are much more animated than people from areas with extremely low population density. I could consider making more videos but I'd prefer actually talking to a real person in that case.
    Like I mentioned earlier, it is still possible for you to value Fe (as in Creatively.. ). Ji leads will show Ji pauses and many more Ji signals even when recounting things. As for culture, I must repeat that the research I'm basing my comments on disagrees that culture has significant value in reading type (ESPECIALLY when we're speaking of sub-cultures within the Western world).

Enneagram is more of a fun game of categorizing people on the surface than a serious theory of cognition, but I took a few looks at it and decided to fill in the types that seemed most fitting. For me this forum is more for fun and meeting people than serious theoretical discussion which quickly starts to bore me.
    My position on the Enneagram is vastly different from yours (it isn't a game in the slightest, and "surface" seems to reflect your personal stance, not that of the Enneagram), but to tie this into Socionics: you say that you aren't much interested in serious theoretical discussion (it bores you..), and I'm inferring that you don't care much for accuracy, even when engaging in 'fun games.' Well then there really isn't much pointing to Ti for you in here.

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I mentioned earlier, it is still possible for you to value Fe (as in Creatively.. ). Ji leads will show Ji pauses and many more Ji signals even when recounting things. As for culture, I must repeat that the research I'm basing my comments on disagrees that culture has significant value in reading type.

My position on the Enneagram is vastly different from yours (it isn't a game in the slightest, and "surface" seems to reflect your personal stance, not that of the Enneagram), but to tie this into Socionics: you say that you aren't much interested in serious theoretical discussion (it bores you..), and I'm inferring that you don't care much for accuracy, even when engaging in 'fun games.' Well then there really isn't much pointing to Ti for you in here.
    From Fe PoLR to Fe creative now? That's quite a leap. You can't be serious.

Yeah, I admit to not taking enneagram seriously, it doesn't seem to have any kind of scientific basis. More like a "spiritual" pseudoscience, even the "enneagram figure" is pretty ridiculous and has no theoretical basis. Amusing, yes. Convincing, not so much. Socionics isn't all that scientific either but it's standing on a bit more solid ground, with research and publications that seem relatively more concrete.

I care about accuracy, that's why I'm even bothering to contrast the two types I've narrowed down for myself a while ago already. It doesn't have any impact on my self-image but it's satisfying to pin something down precisely to confirm an understanding.

However, theoretical discussion on something that is not concrete and very subjective (such as personality typologies) easily gets boring since there's no falsifiability and in the end it only boils down to an exchange of opinions. And then there is no question if my own opinion matters more. Theoretical discussion on real-world things that are based on objective facts is allright in my book. But this is not really the place for them, it became more like a Fe outlet for me. My day job is technical and scientific enough, I don't need to seek that stimulation.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Fe PoLR to Fe creative now? That's quite a leap. You can't be serious.
    Did you read my earlier comment on this? I had mentioned how your Je was very low-key (though not as low-key as your Ji) and that there may be some leeway here.

I am still insisting on Pi lead. There is no "leap," there is exploration of options. Rest assured that my suggestions are serious.

Yeah, I admit to not taking enneagram seriously, it doesn't seem to have any kind of scientific basis. More like a "spiritual" pseudoscience, even the "enneagram figure" is pretty ridiculous and has no theoretical basis. Amusing, yes. Convincing, not so much. Socionics isn't all that scientific either but it's standing on a bit more solid ground, with research and publications that seem relatively more concrete.

I care about accuracy, that's why I'm even bothering to contrast the two types I've narrowed down for myself a while ago already. It doesn't have any impact on my self-image but it's satisfying to pin something down precisely to confirm an understanding.
    You say you care about accuracy, but you have no qualms about leaving your type up when you don't have any in-depth understanding of the system it is referring. That is a very conflicted message.

However, theoretical discussion on something that is not concrete and very subjective (such as personality typologies) easily gets boring since there's no falsifiability and in the end it only boils down to an exchange of opinions. And then there is no question if my own opinion matters more. Theoretical discussion on real-world things that are based on objective facts is allright in my book. But this is not really the place for them, it became more like a Fe outlet for me. My day job is technical and scientific enough, I don't need to seek that stimulation.
    This is straight up Te > Ti. It's a pattern I have noticed through this thread and in my interaction with you. You seek out the pragmatics of a situation. Rather than arguing the rule, you argue exceptions to the rule (such as culture and conscious choice overriding type -> these are very pragmatic stances, yet they dismiss the search for the universal rule).
    Even just now, in your critique of the Enneagram, you emphasize a perceived lack of scientific ground to it. You don't argue the core rules that make up the Enneagram, but you instead employ the pragmatic method. It is kind of funny how your protests are only fueling my conviction of Pi>Te for your type.