Quote Originally Posted by somnambulat0ry View Post
If after correcting the error for the person they ask why you have fixed it using that method over other possible ones, would you volunteer that information pretty readily?
would such a question irritate you?
I would explain the background why I chose to do it this way, and that there may have been other options but I just chose the one that suited me and the situation best. It would not irritate me unless the question was posed in a challenging manner. I know there are often multiple ways to solve a problem but I find further discussion uninteresting as soon as a satisfactory method is found.

Optimization of the way of working is a completely uninteresting topic for me, I just want results and an inefficient brute force method is fine if it doesn’t take longer than coming up with a time-saving tool. Even if said tool would be useful in the future. It’s like my brain actively resists thinking about a time-saving script, tool or whatever for smaller tasks if you can just get on and start doing it instead of thinking. It’s just more satisfying to see and feel things happening than to think.