Hybrid View

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
    Why don't you do the questionnaire available on this forum? Maybe we could help better that way.
    The Extended Questionnaire v3.0

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    IT. I'm a network admin. I was always taking machines apart to see how they work and one day my parents got me an old Tulip 386 desktop that ran DOS and Windows 3.11. Eventually I burned it's PSU out and busted the PC in an attempt to "make it run faster", but I enjoyed tinkering with it so much I signed up for an after school IT program. Computer nerd ever since. Funny enough I don't really enjoy coding. I like my tools, not sitting around typing.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    -.- uh, I go to work, come home eat sleep go to work. Stuck in a rut. Tired of it, but idk how to break out, bored af.
    Interests:
    Messing around with and building my home server, IoT and automation.
    Gaming (only CRPGS, tbh I don't play anything else as I don't have the patience for games anymore). Its mostly for escapism.
    I like to learn about economics, dabble in philosophy, politics.
    I enjoy dungeons and dragons stuff.
    I enjoy cooking, grilling and being out in nature. Good thing I have a large garden and live close to mountains and forests.
    I used to think I liked photography, turns out I just liked using photography gear, not photography itself.

What are your values, and why?
    No idea. I'm a cynical sob. It depends on the situation. I prefer to maximize gain without hurting other ppl. All this talk about "our values" in the media also annoys me, because they proudly state them while society burns down around them.. how pathetic and weak. It pisses me off.

Describe your relationships with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?
    I always had a good relationship with my folks, brother and cousins excluding my grandmother, who is a pathological liar, torments my parents, especially my mother. I'm on a no talking basis with her, fuck that old hag. I'll piss on her grave one day when we are finally free of her. Outside of family I have very few actual friends, can count on one hand. I do know plenty of ppl tho, but the relationships are rather shallow, I'm very picky about people. I get along well with most of them, but I don't like the controlling manipulative ones or ppl who are clingy. I need my alone time and space away from others. I guess I'm kinda like a cat.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    Psychological compatibility, similar interests for friends. I like people who keep me on my toes without being clingy, people who can handle me vanishing for a week into other interests. People with whom I can talk about non mundane / more out there ideas even stuff that may be considered "wrongthink". For romantic relationships, well I clearly need a woman who is outgoing and can drag me with her on "adventure", preferably with a nice ass and thighs. I dislike bossy controlling "you must follow the rules" kind of people or people who cause needless drama, weak willed ppl who constantly feel sorry for themselves disgust me also idiots who just do and never stop to think beforehand.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

Most recent ones at work. The boss is a rather choleric willful impulsive guy with the creativity and logical thinking capacity of a brick.. which often leads to us losing money. The fool just rushes everything, is very "my way or the highway" and never considers other people's input outside of his step-mother's, who owns the company. We had some communication issues between the departments which cost us a lot of money. He got in an uproar and yelled at some ppl who weren't really at fault so I took the initiative to find the problems and propose solutions, so we can avoid the financial loss in the future. He didn't even let me explain, wasn't at all interested in why and how we got into the mess in the first place or in fixing the problems. I got pissed and called him an idiot, things got heated. He didn't fire me and acted all overly friendly the next day. Idk wtf is his malfunction. Best guess is that he depends on me too much for too many things and post arguing he got scared I'll quit. We can't seem to find qualified personnel lately, maybe I have him by the balls hehe.

Same thing at work I have an anal by the book LSI manager. She likes controlling people. We argue a lot tbh. She demands a lot of redundant bureaucratic garbage and I'm not willing to comply.

What are your strengths? What do people like about you? What do you like about yourself?
    I'm good at solving problems, a kind of troubleshooter. I'm also good at predicting problems and dealing with them be4 they appear. Ppl come to me for help with all kinds of issues. Sometimes its annoying, I hate the fact that they depend on me and take up my time. People also say I have a calming effect on them just by being there with them, kids and animals seem to like me for the same reason. I'm highly approachable and give off this "you can say anything to me" vibe. I'm rather independent, can deal with most things alone outside of social stuff.. which I suck at.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I don't go out enough to socialize, I isolate myself from others, I lack ambition and am lazy af. I procrastinate, overthink things and fail at taking action, often fail to stick with what I started.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I need help with the social sphere, with getting out of the house, with avoiding procrastination and laziness. Someone needs to drag me with them so I engage with the external world and take action.

What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    I dislike having to tell other people what to do and dealing with things I consider boring.
    I like working on something I'm at the time interested in and being in a state of flow.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future, and why?
    I'd like to marry, start a family, and to have the freedom of engaging with activities I consider interesting. Other than that I'm not very ambitious.

If you won the lottery and didn't have to work anymore, what would you do?
    Reinvest the money and build assets to make sure I don't waste it like most idiots who win the lottery.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

I find petite willful loudmouth women to be funny/cute. Its like when a weasel tries to scold you hehe.. kawaii :3. Sentimental naïve idealists seem to be loved by society, but I just find them annoying/frustrating and often plain dumb.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)?

I like maintaining a comfortable atmosphere which has a relaxing effect on my mental. For this reason I manage ambient lighting, smells even sounds with automated speakers. The materials and colors in the room are chosen towards this goal including how I place the furniture.

In what situations or times in your life did you feel most fulfilled, and why?

Can’t remember. I guess I was never truly happy or fulfilled.

How do you behave around strangers?

It depends on who that other person is. Normally I’m blunt and “what you see is what you get”. With strangers I adapt behavior to suit the situation and their personality.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    Conflict sucks and it bothers me. It bothers me to be around people who constantly generate conflict and drama or have this toxic presence about them (like my grandmother). My natural reaction is to just overpower the other person mentally, intellectually, physically if need be and to crush them totally and keep crushing them till they can’t stand it anymore, to break them and when they are broken to step on them haha *evil laughter* no mercy. I get this rush and sadistic glee tbh its liberating.. but the outcome is usually regrettable and with some people I completely lose my temper & control, it scares people who care about me. e_e so I have learned to control myself and to avoid flying off the handle, to just leave the situation and avoid it. I secretly enjoy my anger tho, but I have excelent breaks.. even moreso now than as a kid. (I realize this might sound scary, but imo its relevant.)

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Yes. Fear, overthinking things leads to procrastination and inaction. Its one of my biggest problems.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?
    Yes, something IT related. I’d be managing it, growing it. It’s a great idea as long as I can keep my interest levels up.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?

I like it comfy, light, and practical. Size to fit my body usually black with pastel colors. I hate formal & uncomfortable clothes like suits, ties, dress shoes and such.

What were you like as a child? How have you changed since then?

The same, just more naïve. I used to be more outgoing & trusting.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?

Yeah, kids are nice. I’m constantly told I’m gr8 with kids.

If you are doing a video you can stop here and/or choose from the rest of the questions as you like.

How do you feel about attention? Do you seek it out?

No. The tallest grass gets cut. I prefer to not stick out..:/ but I always manage for some dumb reason. Fucking hell.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?

I have low expectations of other people to avoid constant disappointment, but I’m overly self-critical and expect a lot out of myself.. which makes me incapable of being irresponsible, the guilt would drive me mad.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what approach would you take, and why?

Main concern would be their mental and physical health. I want them to have the freedom and responsibility of choosing the kind of life they want for themselves, to learn to think for themselves & be independent. I’d supply the necessary resources and encouragement towards this end, material and otherwise.

What is your biggest accomplishment?

Nothing I’d consider big. Sad.

What was (or is) your high school experience like?

It sucked. I was a good student tho, top grades and all that despite being lazy and barely studying (because most subjects bored me to death). Hated literature the most. Geometry was fun.

What is something you regret?

Nothing really. Odd.

Who do you admire, and why?

Nobody specific comes to mind.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?

Need a change of career or find something meaningful to do.
    Need to socialize & get out more, but I don’t feel like it.

What are your spiritual or religious beliefs and why do you hold them?

Agnostic atheist. This might sound band, but imo we are animals and those who survive and prosper are the fittest / strongest. Religion imo is a coping / control mechanism.

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?
    This is complicated, because I think all sides suck, but they also have good ideas each. I care a lot about politics, but I won’t go into detail as it gets me into trouble with people due to how my beliefs rub all current political sides the wrong way.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?

Comfort, low stress are priorities. It should be interesting and keep me engaged. Money is important, but not as important as these.

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?

Geometry, informatics and foreign languages. Because I am good at these.

What is one common misconception that people have about life? Explain why it is wrong.

Ppl think they need to be happy all the time, that’s dumb. I’d rather have an interesting life than a happy one. Makes for a better story.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?

I’m stuck in a rut, I don’t get out much. Sad af.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem?

The plebs are easy to misinform.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?

I work on it till I get what I want.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?

No. I don’t like telling ppl what to do.

What is one unusual trait or ability you possess? What makes you special?

I’m not special.

What is your sense of humor like? Do you joke around a lot?

I like dark humor a lot. I often make ppl laugh through witty one liners.

Your friend bursts into tears. What do you do? How does it make you feel?

Annoyed that I have to deal with this now. Just let the friend cry it out and be there next to them, then we can work on a solution.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?
    Hehe, someone made cheesecake for me <3.

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?

Eh, dunno.

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?

To survive, evolve and conquer.

Do you like surprises?

NO
    Last edited by SGF; 05-22-2020 at 09:36 AM.