Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
I think NF's can be like this
Ya I agree. A lot of 4s are NFs and they can be very jaded and even prickly (especially/mainly So last 4s, I think) and their intuition and feeling is more oriented towards what’s missing and how it sucks rather than being a bubbly humanitarian optimist like say, a stereotypical IEE 7 or EIE 2 would be... IEI seems most prone to this mindset/behavior. They are one type away from the ultimate cynics that are ILIs after all. EIE can just as easily come in a harsh and jaded form rather than a loving one too ex. H I T L E R (it censors his name on here??) (EIE) could have been called an idealist (idealism is “unrealistically aiming for perfection” according to google and he definitely had an overblown aim towards his -screwed up- version of perfection) simply because he had a strong vision but in my eyes he was largely just very jaded/negative/cynical/full of unwarranted animosity and he was compassionate to his insane vision rather than towards people and the world at large (NF is probably the most stereotypically compassionate bunch). Obviously very different from classically compassionate and idealistic Oprah (also EIE— but she has tackled a lot of pessimistic topics on her show and she’s totally not the manic pixie dream girl type of NF). Beta NFs are also Se valuing/seeking and Fe valuing so they can be rough around the edges or have a “meaner” (hard to find the right word here) heart in a (subconscious) attempt to be like their tough duals and/or be that way because of societal pressure — that’s where the Fe valuing part comes in place in case you were wondering.

Delta NFs are Te valuing so they can be cutthroat too... Personally, I have known IEEs to be very cold at times even if they are “normally” rose colored glasses and upbeat. IEE is also a negativist type so even though they can put on a happy face they are always noticing the flaws in things first. The bigger problem here is that people seem to have the wrong idea that NFs are ethereal, mythical beings rather than real people who have normal feelings and reactions and can be pessimistic or grumpy or assertive or whatever else we think is “not” NF. STs would stereotypically be the most cold or aggressive types but I’ve known really warm and compassionate ones — actually they are often this way; molding themselves to be more “NF” like just as NF can do vice versa as I said.