Hybrid View

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    The anger thing you are describing sounds potentially unrelated to socionics and more to psych related issues...

While I may regret the consequences of this tendency at times, I do like this part of me, because it allows me to easily regulate my relationship with shitty pushy controlling people who demand my time and energy. I was always like this to be honest even as a kid as far back as I can remember. Its a possible reaction to my grandmother who is a manipulative & controlling pathological liar.

Phlegmatic would be more in line with SLI, but could easily be with IEE too. Phlegmatic seems a bit delta overall I think. In any regard, I'm melancholic so it doesn't always match up perfect!
    Are you sure O.o? Melancholics fear failure and they reject themselves as well as other people, which makes them detail focused perfectionist introverts struggling to live up to an internal ideal. Imagine
    Severus Snape. EP types tend to be some sanguine mix tbh, they have a kind of need for attention, like Ron Weasley or his twin brothers. Cholerics are goal focused driven ppl Se-Ni like Tom Riddle, Harry Potter, Draco Malfoy, Hermione Granger . Phlegmatics on the other hand just try to conserve energy and are ambivalent about themselves and others like Luna Lovegood. Now supine people manifest as melancholic, but their driving need for acceptance pushes them to be self sacrificing while harboring anger for not being appreciated due to them not being able to express this need. They reject themselves but accept others, like Dobby the house elf or Neville Longbottom. <== sounds like my mother.

Some people say they are melancholic due to being kinda depressed, but they may not manifest compulsive perfectionism born out of self rejection and rejection of the external world.

Example: in my case I have both fear of rejection and fear/distrust of dominance. e_e typical type 6 stuff characteristic of melancholic types. hmm now that I explained it to someone else... wtf I'm probably more melancholic as well. Explains why I fight back compared to a Supine. Tfw I am Snape.

The Melancholy and Choleric's anger is tied to their low responsive score (i.e. "not liking" people) while the Supine's anger is from liking people, but not receiving acknowledgment and acceptance from them.
    Yeah, definitely sounds like I'm melancholic. Fuck. Explains the anger tho, also the suspicion of others and my inability to forgive or forget serous offenses or my own personal mistakes.

frioB.PNG

Source: http://www.erictb.info/temperament1.html

Last edited by SGF; 05-21-2020 at 06:40 AM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pathological liars are the worst. Yes, I am certain I am melancholic, secondary may be sanguine, I think it probably is, if not sanguine, phlegmatic, but I am 100 percent certain I am melancholic. I'm also very perfectionistic. It's eased up as I've gotten older, but it's still lingering underneath and shows itself in many places, more so in my real life. I actually have a need for accuracy in a lot of things, including my own typing, which is part of why I've had such a hard time with it. I guess I don't as much in some other things though I don't know that I'd use Harry Potter characters to seriously explain the temperaments, but I do appreciate it and like Harry Potter Melancholics aren't all like Snape lol LOL just go to your part on "wtf I'm Snape", I guess, join the club then : D

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    Pathological liars are the worst. Yes, I am certain I am melancholic, secondary may be sanguine, I think it probably is, if not sanguine, phlegmatic, but I am 100 percent certain I am melancholic. I'm also very perfectionistic. It's eased up as I've gotten older, but it's still lingering underneath and shows itself in many places, more so in my real life. I actually have a need for accuracy in a lot of things, including my own typing, which is part of why I've had such a hard time with it. I guess I don't as much in some other things though I don't know that I'd use Harry Potter characters to seriously explain the temperaments, but I do appreciate it and like Harry Potter Melancholics aren't all like Snape lol LOL just go to your part on "wtf I'm Snape", I guess, join the club then : D
    hmm yeah, melancholic-saguine blend kinda makes sense.