View Poll Results: Initial Feedback On Type?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • EII Fi-Ne

2 66.67%
  • SEI Si-Fe

1 33.33%
  • Something else

0 0%

Thread: SEI or EII?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jumpintoillusions View Post
    . I would maybe assume I'm more of an ISFx type, aside from the fact that I am terrible in the external world when it comes to physically orientating it; for example, I misplace items, not so good as physical activities (clumsy), and more often than not am in mu own head space rather than efficiently navigating the present moment..
    I would no take this you wrote as an argument against ISF(p) as Si is not about “efficiently navigating the present” per se, and general absent-mindedness can be argued to be a derivative of Te PoLR, with Te generally being resented by ISFPs for being a force that comes between them and ‘real thinking’ (which to them is more enjoyable…something more Ti) . These Te faux passes can appear to them as happening because “they spend too mich time in their own head” (among others).

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    I would no take this you wrote as an argument against ISF(p) as Si is not about “efficiently navigating the present” per se, and general absent-mindedness can be argued to be a derivative of Te PoLR, with Te generally being resented by ISFPs for being a force that comes between them and ‘real thinking’ (which to them is more enjoyable…something more Ti) . These Te faux passes can appear to them as happening because “they spend too mich time in their own head” (among others).
    Oh right! Thank you for explaining this. I’d agree that I prefer spending time in my head reflecting, daydreaming, brooding on ideas and theories, which means I’m a bit clumsy with how to do things practically in the present moment. Although my focus on my imaginings are designed to placate my sense of wellbeing and amusement in the moment. If that makes sense?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Oh right! Thank you for explaining this. I’d agree that I prefer spending time in my head reflecting, daydreaming, brooding on ideas and theories, which means I’m a bit clumsy with how to do things practically in the present moment. Although my focus on my imaginings are designed to placate my sense of wellbeing and amusement in the moment. If that makes sense?
    How about caring for other's needs. How do you extend your good will...to just anyone who you randomly hear having a problem and you can offer a possibility and a solution or you usually stay out it?

What role does humanity play into your radar?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    How about caring for other's needs. How do you extend your good will...to just anyone who you randomly hear having a problem and you can offer a possibility and a solution or you usually stay out it?

What role does humanity play into your radar?
    Well, my ears prick up when I hear someone has a problem. My first thought is "how can I help?" usually followed by "wait, do they want me to help?" For example, at work if I notice a customer or colleague struggling, or they ask for help, I do jump in and offer direct assistance, like moving someones chair away from a table so their wheelchair has room to manover around, and offer advice, usually based on my own experiences i.e. "hey I know how you minimize this screen, do you want me to show you? I had this same problem a while back.." If the person doesn't directly show that they're struggling or ask for help, I'll not interfere. Or if they look like they're having problems with say, using our self serve till at work, and I ask if they want help and they decline, I won't push them and instead back off and let them get on with it, although keeping alert incase they change their mind (most the time they do!)

Hmm I am really focused on humanity; doing the right thing, feeling connected with others and having positive mutually beneficial interactions with them, trying to improve myself in order to be of better service.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I first read this thread, my first thought was that if someone is undecided between SEI and EII, they still have to learn a bit more about Socionics. In such a case, it makes no sense asking other people about your type, it will not make the insecurities go away.

Hmm I am really focused on humanity; doing the right thing, feeling connected with others and having positive mutually beneficial interactions with them, trying to improve myself in order to be of better service.
    You really believe all of this about yourself? This sounds like you have been socialized to the core and have no true identity or self of your own.

You are a Level I person, perhaps even Level II:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positive_disintegration
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking