Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
What do you mean by practical tools and skills?
Well for example, practical skills - like what I've picked up working as an IT technician - how to take apart computers, their components, how to reassemble etc. This is a skill I can use anywhere. Tools would be more like methods to organize work, often methods I get from ILI. For example, my ILI friend and former collegue has good ideas about how to organize production in a streamlined, efficient fashion, by first seeing which used pcs have defects, for example, and only then refurbishing them (believe it or not the people at my company decided to it the other way around). And cloning ssds in a massive fashion, etc in order to speed up production (believe it or not, we only produce one pc at a time, when actually it would be better to mass produce, seems obvious but again...).

Anyways, I dunno if you're familair with the IT terms I threw around there, but it's an example taken from my work because that's where I see how my "practical tools and skills" apply, lol. I can't really answer for others.