Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
The pitches usually attempted to skirt potential risks with a project; LIEs often seem to think that they can handle any problem ad hoc and in theory, that could be true but the devil is in the details. What bites them in the ass bites the customer or backer of the project. In half the cases, it's not deliberate because LIEs seem to downplay risk or the unknowns even to themselves so it's usually up to the third party to uncover it. The audience, once burnt, distrusts the LIEs abilities so they usually have to move on.

a.k.a. I/O
I completely agree with this. I've seen it myself many times. I've experienced it myself. We lost a good customer last year because I underestimated the resources required to successfully complete the project. It failed, and they were not happy.
I see this potentially happening on a lot of other projects, too. FML. I've even seen other LIE's do this exact same thing.

I work with male LII's and with a male ESI and they all try to keep me from doing this, but none of them are completely successful. Probably because I haven't been listening to them or using them correctly to compensate for, or to even solve, my own intrinsic problems.
You have to be aware of the nature of the problem before you can fix it, and I haven't been. Not explicitly.

Thank you for your insightful reply, @Rebelondeck. I appreciate it.