Thread: Manipulation on the suggestive function

Hybrid View

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IME, the suggestive influence works largely, as you said, unconsciously, and automatically. In duality, it is not purposeful manipulation, but a coming together of two people influencing each other back and forth, agreeing on goals and methods on a psychological level. It is meeting the other person with input that serves the other person best. Whereas in other relationships people try to manipulate another into goals and methods that to some extent is not what the other agrees with or feels natural at.

I work as a chef for a temp agency. Sometimes I work with SLI chefs, and these moments are bliss. Everything runs smooth and tasks are easily distributed without a lot of discussion, often even without discussion at all. Not only during work, but also when taking breaks. thus the more private moments. If I were to summarize the nature of dual relationships, it would be that they are "let it be" relationships.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    IME, the suggestive influence works largely, as you said, unconsciously, and automatically. In duality, it is not purposeful manipulation, but a coming together of two people influencing each other back and forth, agreeing on goals and methods on a psychological level. It is meeting the other person with input that serves the other person best. Whereas in other relationships people try to manipulate another into goals and methods that to some extent is not what the other agrees with or feels natural at.
    Are you for real?

You are totally out of touch with reality.

Universal Dual Seeking Consciousness (164 IQ) BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    Are you for real?

Explain

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    Explain
    Post #4.

Yeah I can be harsh at pointing this out but I just find it really crazy when people idealise duality like this.

Like, they are waiting for someone else to solve their problems magically and make the goddamn relationship work.

Instead of looking into themselves and actually improving themselves for being able to do a long-term working relationship and not depending on others for their own part in the relationship.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    Are you for real?

You have earned yourself a nice cozy spot on my ignore list. Bye!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking