Thread: How much contact do you have with self-corrective relationships?

I say brilliant things sporadically BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How much contact do you have with self-corrective relationships?

I know this is a boring one, but do you have anyone in your circle of friends who you consider to be constantly helping you to correct yourself to become "a better human being"?

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    I know this is a boring one, but do you have anyone in your circle of friends who you consider to be constantly helping you to correct yourself to become "a better human being"?
    Yes, an IEI friend of mine. But what is your question really getting at?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To be perfectly honest, nobody like that would be my friend for very long as it implies a position of authority to me that naturally gets in the way of friendship. Me and an ex-friend did this to each other too much and we're not really speaking to each other much because of it I think. =/

A friend is somebody that is in prison with you. They don't try to act like the condescending Starr Commonwealth social worker and try to get you to 'better your life' from a position that their life is good and yours sucks or something. Anybody who treats me that way- is not to be trusted and has branded themselves as my enemy. I don't really trust most people who try to 'make a positive difference in people's lives' because it feels smarmy and like they are trying to cover up a horrible dark side they don't have the balls to show the world. It feels obvious to me they just want power, they don't really want to help anybody.

(I realize this might be too cynical but oh well)

I think we can gently nudge and encourage each other- but for the most part people adapt and morph. They don't really change.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expect this from all of my closest friends. If they are not concerned about the quality of my behavior as a person, they they are too uninvolved. Everybody has a shitty side or weaknesses which manifest in shitty behavior or problems unless people actively work on things IMO. And feedback from others who care about you is necessary for this.