Thread: Identifying ESIs???

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage View Post
    One needs to possess an incredibly thick skin to the date the guy I fell in love with. I honestly don't know who he'll end up with, because I imagine few able to endure his aggression, despite how much one loves him. I wouldn't be surprised if his greed will lead him to date a good-looking guy in his late thirties with the money to actually ubsist his ambitions of living in Paris to become a model there. Yet before he finds someone rich enough to not mind, I think that he will break his own heart and those of who he dates many times more. And each time things break apart, he hides his feelings deeper and becomes more callused. Truly tragic, but it already showed that I'm not the one to change the course he set onto the iceberg, despite my best efforts. For me there are people who I get along better with, even if it might take time finding them, and even though I'll take time off of dating for now, in order to truly get over him and to focus on my studies.

One thing this leaves me wondering about, however,

how are there people in long-term, loving relationships from different quadras, if it seems so difficult to overcome the communication issues associated with it?

Probably the lacking emotional health of the guy I was dating worsened my situation, though.
    @Armitage, I can tell you how I was married to my Supervisor (from another Quadra) for many years, and for many of those years (the early ones, mostly), I was very, very happy.

I think my satisfaction came from two places. One, my parents were both Delta and I thought, like a wolf raised by ducks, that one day I would learn to fly, because they can do it, so I can certainly do it, too. You absorb the idea that the values you live with are the best ones for you. It's unfortunate, but true.

The second reason I was happy (for a few years) was that we were building a life and a family together, and that's exactly what an LIE and ESI do together. The problems arise when you realize that the other person's ideas of what constitutes a life and a family are very, very different from yours.

When my marriage failed (due to no fault of her or me, but rather due to our differences), I did the NT thing and went out and bought about thirty books on "How to Make a Long Term Relationship Last", and "How to Save This Marriage". Many of the books (not the best ones) recommended overlooking your partners faults, and that's exactly what I did when I was married. There was a lot of good in her, but there were also a lot of things that I didn't like, and in order to stay married, I had to "turn off" those parts of me which conflicted with her.

Let me say that again. In a long term relationship between two people who have different values, you have to turn off parts of yourself in order to get along.

Well, I decided that I didn't want to do that, so I filed for divorce. I mean, I realized that I could do that, but I didn't want to, and because there are healthy Duals out there, I don't have to.

One thing I should add about my deciding to get a divorce, is that when I made that decision, I wasn't in my twenties anymore. I felt that I was really too old to ever be in a relationship again, and I thought that it was a near-certainty that I'd never have sex again. However, the pain from the prospect of being alone for the rest of my life was less than the pain of staying married to a person who, I came to realize, didn't like me that much. And once I realized that, a switch flipped in the relationship. I walked out of that door and I never looked back.

I didn't anticipate that, three months after the divorce, I'd have a new GF who treated me much, much better. That was a nice outcome, but it wasn't something that I ever expected to have happen. (She was LSI, and THAT relationship convinced me that Socionics is true and that 3D Se and 2D Ni is just exactly right for me. )

Which is the reason I'm looking for healthy Duals. Only healthy Duals. I've had non-Dual women on dates tell me, "I've very good at sex, you know!" Well, great. You need to find a Dual who will be able to appreciate the rest of you, because that's not me.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-07-2022 at 02:06 PM.

Psychology BSc and statistics MSc Armitage's Avatar
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lunacik View Post
    All I can think of is Lucifer Morningstar: "What do you desire?"
    The only difference between him and me is that I'm real, darling.
    Last edited by Armitage; 02-07-2022 at 09:18 PM.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember I have a few chances to step in romantic relationship, but my Ni always predict disaster. At those time I don't fully understand why, but now I get it. My Ni know that I can't be the guy those girls want. As long as I step in relationship, I have to change my behaviours to fit their needs, and I know (unconscious) that I can't. I hate not being myself, and romantic relationships seem to require too much from me, so I back down easily.

My negative Ni save my ass.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    One thing I should add about my deciding to get a divorce, is that when I made that decision, I wasn't in my twenties anymore. I felt that I was really too old to ever be in a relationship again, and I thought that it was a near-certainty that I'd never have sex again. However, the pain from the prospect of being alone for the rest of my life was less than the pain of staying married to a person who, I came to realize, didn't like me that much. And once I realized that, a switch flipped in the relationship. I walked out of that door and I never looked back.
    I think this to be an important consideration that you made, that being with your supervisor was more painful to you than being alone. And lucky strike that you met your LSI girlfriend not long after to show you that you have prospects for finding better love than what you experienced in your marriage.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think this to be an important consideration that you made, that being with your supervisor was more painful to you than being alone. And lucky strike that you met your LSI girlfriend not long after to show you that you have prospects for finding better love than what you experienced in your marriage.
    Well, it was better sex with the LSI, anyway.

LSI - ESI
    Ti =/= Fi <- Social (Extinguishment)
    Se = Se <- Sex (Dual)
    Ni = Ni <- Sex (Dual)
    Fe =/= Te <- Social (Extinguishment)

LSI is half-dual, half extinguishment to LIEs, which sums to Mirage.

SLI is half Mirror, half Conflict to LIEs, which sums to Supervision

SLI
    Si <- Conflict
    Te <- Mirror
    Fi <- Mirror
    Ne <- Conflict

The SLI and I had bad interpersonal relations, but like an LIE-ILI team, or an LSE-SLI team, we made shitloads of money.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-07-2022 at 04:22 PM.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an IEI cousin whom I'm close to, and I have dated a few IEIs (three, actually), and while it pains me to admit it, I'm just not as tough as they are.
    @Djinn, do you have any thoughts on this and on the guy I dated?

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Djinn, do you have any thoughts on this and on the guy I dated?
    not really

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnished View Post
    I remember I have a few chances to step in romantic relationship, but my Ni always predict disaster. At those time I don't fully understand why, but now I get it. My Ni know that I can't be the guy those girls want. As long as I step in relationship, I have to change my behaviours to fit their needs, and I know (unconscious) that I can't. I hate not being myself, and romantic relationships seem to require too much from me, so I back down easily.

My negative Ni save my ass.
    More like it's screwing you over in the harshest and most hardcore of ways.

What you've just said is fully indicative of a person (an ILI like myself no less) who has major attachment issues. You hate "not being yourself" eh? Why? Why wouldn't you be elated in/during the act of being who and what you are Ceterus Paribus? You share my instinct stack so I actually get it. You don't wanna die, but you also deeply crave intimacy.

Let me tell you that you'll never get the later if you refuse to risk the former. As I've said elsewhere, I had to rely upon my faith in God to get the words out to my friggin' dual that was/is my brother. The simple request? "I want to spend more time with you. Even if it's just once a month at first, can we at least manage that?"

He has ever since. I could go into more depth but that's not the point of this thread.

I can help you through these concepts if you'd like. The best thing you can do for yourself is open yourself up to the possibility that other people can, do, and actually will love you for who you are no matter how badly you think you are flawed.

Christ died on the cross for our sins. At no point did he resent this duty, but he did make a single request that hey, maybe he could not die that horribly? Request was denied but he still did his duty...

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    More like it's screwing you over in the harshest and most hardcore of ways.

What you've just said is fully indicative of a person (an ILI like myself no less) who has major attachment issues. You hate "not being yourself" eh? Why? Why wouldn't you be elated in/during the act of being who and what you are Ceterus Paribus? You share my instinct stack so I actually get it. You don't wanna die, but you also deeply crave intimacy.

Let me tell you that you'll never get the later if you refuse to risk the former. As I've said elsewhere, I had to rely upon my faith in God to get the words out to my friggin' dual that was/is my brother. The simple request? "I want to spend more time with you. Even if it's just once a month at first, can we at least manage that?"

He has ever since. I could go into more depth but that's not the point of this thread.

I can help you through these concepts if you'd like. The best thing you can do for yourself is open yourself up to the possibility that other people can, do, and actually will love you for who you are no matter how badly you think you are flawed.

Christ died on the cross for our sins. At no point did he resent this duty, but he did make a single request that hey, maybe he could not die that horribly? Request was denied but he still did his duty...
    Yeah... more open up and taking more risk are what I'm going to do, but with my dual first (and last). Romantic relationship and marrige are always what I'm most skeptical about, I don't want to have a pain in the ass for the rest of my life.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you have done in my position when the apparent SLE-Se guy started insisting on you lending him a hundred bucks, Bethany?
    assert borders. u cant give someone money that u need when u dont know if they'd be the kind of person to help u later. i dont believe in lending bc then u control the other person whihc pushes them to make other things worse to give u the money back. u give what u can and if they can without sacricing too much then they return it. if it will hurt u too much to lose that money dont give it.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@VewyScawwyNawcissist, you're certainly right. I definitely did assert my boundaries by telling him that I did not intend on lending him the money and why. Whenever I did he would acknowledge what I said, only to come back on it later with the same persistence and increasingly frustrated. He namely thought that I was being a Scrooge, whereas I simply did not feel comfortable enough with him yet to lend/give him more money than any of my friends even have ever asked from me. Moreover, I know that lending money induces stress in both the debtor and the creditor. For the debtor its stressful, because they have to pay the money back eventually, while for the creditor it is stressful to have to see if the debtor will ever pay them back. The stress from both doesn't do any good to the relationship between the two. Even worse, the debtor might start evading the creditor, in order to escape their own guilt, which they project onto the debtor. While the creditor becomes increasingly adamant about getting their money back, the more that the debtor distances themselves from the creditor.
    I had hoped to avoid all of this by simply not lending him any money. The more he pressured me into doing so, the less safe I felt giving him the money and that tension built up, until I got angry with him. <Sad sigh>

Even more, given how I projected him to be an ESI-Se instead of the SLE-Se that he is, I thought that I was doing well to mix up our finances, as Stratiyevskaya extensively warned ESIs for unhealthy LIEs acting irresponsible with the ESI's money.

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Armitage
    not lending money shows ur not willing to help. the stressful part should be omitted with unfair expectations. this debt that ppl get to each other is toxic to any relationship. u do what u can for each other. someone may end up doing more for someone else, and the things vary in waht they are that somene can bring to someone else - u cant quantify them under one value to make "fair" decisions. if u have money u can spend that wont hurt u if u do they should be for charity be that giving them to someone else. ofc if ur 1D Fi u will be more reluctant to do that and struggle to figure what kind of person would be fine to do that with and whether its a thing that should be done in the first place which is why i guess adam said theres many sociopathic selfish LIEs. its a toxic world.

I want to care

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    @Armitage
    not lending money shows ur not willing to help. the stressful part should be omitted with unfair expectations. this debt that ppl get to each other is toxic to any relationship. u do what u can for each other. someone may end up doing more for someone else, and the things vary in waht they are that somene can bring to someone else - u cant quantify them under one value to make "fair" decisions. if u have money u can spend that wont hurt u if u do they should be for charity be that giving them to someone else. ofc if ur 1D Fi u will be more reluctant to do that and struggle to figure what kind of person would be fine to do that with and whether its a thing that should be done in the first place which is why i guess adam said theres many sociopathic selfish LIEs. its a toxic world.
    1:05 https://www.imdb.com/video/vi3986800...&ref_=tt_ov_vi

TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@VewyScawwyNawcissist, indeed, due to my 1D Fi I didn't know if I could rely on him, so instead I proposed to pay for his room directly. At the time I didn't understand why he didn't take my offer, by now I suspect that it has to do that he wanted me to dive deep and trust him, but also for him to remain in charge of himself, and in control, instead of me paying for his needs. Am I correct?

TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun vid, Adam, I put it on my to watch-list. Though don't get me wrong, I definitely did want to help him, but since my friends distrusted his insistence on money, I instead wanted to do it my way. That's where things went wrong. In hindsight, I shouldn't have listened to the guys.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I was scared.

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@VewyScawwyNawcissist, indeed, due to my 1D Fi I didn't know if I could rely on him, so instead I proposed to pay for his room directly. At the time I didn't understand why he didn't take my offer, by now I suspect that it has to do that he wanted me to dive deep and trust him, but also for him to remain in charge of himself, and in control, instead of me paying for his needs. Am I correct?
    i'd think he wants to be in control of how he uses the money, he can translate them to something else or more relevant somehow or even personal like drugs that you're not allowing him to do. idk how much he wants to exploit you however. most ppl like that have been hurt and tend to want to hurt other ppl as a "justice" and in their twisted mind to show u u are stupid for showing empathy. its a self destructive path they want u to take for them which is why i kept shittalking SLEs, even if not wholly like that they tend to have inclinations to selfish mindsets. a lot of them see the world as "us vs them".
    he may do more loyalty tests forcing u to dive deeper and deeper. even have the mentality if u cant handle what ur diving in that ur weak and he doesnt want to associate himself with weak ppl bc reality is harsh and u'd be dragging him down which means he just used u to that point and its not his problem u gave more than u should have, that'd be your bad decisions. im only illustrating a mindset

once a car was driving on the walkway, dented and smoking front until it stopped. chad SLE fuqboi was the first to run there and try to get the woman out the car.

I want to care

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You did nothing wrong. This relationship was new and the foundations of trust had not had time to be established. You are entitled to move at a pace that is comfortable to you. In my experience, when someone tries to force you to trust, it is most often because they cannot earn it via more natural manifestations of it. One of the foundations of a healthy relationship is also respect, and an honest partner should be respectful of how you feel as well, not how they feel only. They should be respectful of your pace. They should be understanding that it may take longer for you than it does for them. Maybe you've had certain experiences they don't yet have awareness of. It takes time for human beings to trust in general, and it's important for this process to be respected, and for trust to be gained through authentic means. That's because it really isn't something you can force, anyway. Trying to force trust results in deepening your fears because you now have made yourself vulnerable without genuine trust saying it's safe to. All you're doing is taking a risk. That's not trust. This is important, as trust is one of the foundations of a healthy relationship and it needs to be solid in order for one to work. I don't mean there can never be issues or kinks to work out. When you begin a relationship, though...if you start off with nothing besides kinks to work out...that's going to be difficult to work through, since there is not an intimate bond glueing you together enough to even work through them together. There is also less feeling for the other person, which for many, translates into less motivation to change their behaviors out of guilt about the ways they affect you.

EDIT:
    Less intimacy/feeling also translates into less motivation to make the amount of effort it takes to repair things. People have to value you enough to be willing to put in the required efforts. A new relationship doesn't have that intimacy (another relationship foundation) developed yet. Intimate and well established connections can take on more than new ones.

People underestimate the importance of open communication, as well. Ideally, in this situation, you could have both benefitted from more honest, open, and direct communication. Ideally, if he was feeling offended by you not trusting him, he would've told you. Then, you would've expressed your need for more time and bla bla bla. By listening to your point of view, he would've been able to give you more understanding, at which point you both would've been able to compromise by you paying directly for his rent, as you proposed (since this is already a middle ground option.)

What stands out to me on his end is the lack of respect he had for your boundaries, poor and indirect communication, insistence on trust, lack of forgiveness, vindictiveness, nonchalance about what he was spending your money on (pizza, eating out with your money). He isn't in a place of even having what it takes to have a solid and well established partnership with anyone healthy. He would need to work on himself to be fit for one.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 02-11-2022 at 09:07 AM.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, @VewyScawwyNawcissist and @Lady Lunacik for your insight, I appreciate it very much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since we don't even know you, how about you introduce yourself to us? I'm looking forward to meeting a true SLE gentleman or -woman, so please open up and tell us who @Northstar is, and what he/she/they desires deep down?

Renowned author Dan Brown picked up the cellphone and pressed the button on the cellphone to stop the ringing of the cellphone and held the cellphone to his ear so that down the cellphone he could hear the voice of the person calling on the cellphone.

“Hello?” he greeted.

It was his publisher, John Publisher.

“Hello, Dan Brown,” spoke John Publisher. “I’m calling you because I’ve had an idea and I want to tell you what the idea that I’ve had is.”

The wealthy scribe listened, his ears sharpening like pencils.

“What’s the idea you’re calling me to tell me that you’ve had?” he questioned.

“I’ll tell you,” informed John Publisher. “I want to republish bestselling book The Da Vinci Code – but this time, for Young Adults.”

Advertisement Young Adults, thought Dan Brown in italics.

“Young Adults,” confirmed John Publisher. “They’re a lot like adults – but younger. Obviously they can’t be expected to read the original novel, because its famously sophisticated prose is too complex for their puny teenage minds. So I want you to write a new version that is shorter and simpler, just for them.”

Dan Brown contemplated the idea using the brain encased by the skull beneath the skin of his head.

“I like your suggestion, John Publisher,” he told. “The only problem is, I’m aged 51 years old. How can I write a book for young people? I don’t know any young people.”

“How about your son?” recommended John Publisher.

Of course! The celebrated penman’s teenage son! Son Brown!

Dan Brown ended the call and excitedly paced the room, his fertile mind already pregnant with ideas to which he would soon give birth through his fingers.

After he had finished cogitating he walked upstairs to his son’s bedroom and entered it by means of the door. Son Brown wasn’t home, but his bookcase was. This will give me an indication of the simple-minded fare young people enjoy, mused the leading wordsmith. Tilting his head at an angle appropriate to the browsing of the books’ spines, he browsed the books’ spines.

Advertisement David Copperfield. Made sense – kids always did love magic tricks. Animal Farm. They loved cute animals, too. À la recherche du temps perdu. Say, he didn’t know his son could speak Spanish. Vanity Fair. Hey, Dan Brown loved Vanity Fair, too. Just last month it had run a great article about Scarlett Johansson’s favourite swimsuits.

Inspired, the illustrious scribbler returned to his study. His imagination was racing like a racecar made of brains. Picking up his personal copy of acclaimed tome The Da Vinci Code, he reread its exquisite opening paragraph.

“Renowned curator Jacques Saunière staggered through the vaulted archway of the museum’s Grand Gallery. He lunged for the nearest painting he could see, a Caravaggio. Grabbing the gilded frame, the seventy-six-year-old man heaved the masterpiece towards himself until it tore from the wall and Saunière collapsed backward in a heap beneath the canvas.”

Hmm, meditated the 5’9” caucasian male. There is no doubting the magnificence of the prose, from the effortless elegance of its syntax to the way it brings characters vividly to life through evocative details like “the seventy-six-year-old man”. But the young people of today wouldn’t know about museums or Caravaggio. I must start again from scratch – and bring the story right up to date.

Advertisement The eminent author opened his laptop and used the fingers of his hands to press the buttons marked with letters to form words on the screen.

“Famous rock star Jack Cool donned his baseball cap and rollerbladed through Tower Records while checking MySpace on his Game Boy,” he created. “The 22-year-old youth was excited to purchase the new compact disc by hip band Limp Bizkit. This rad chart-topper will sound fly on my Walkman, he reasoned, scrutinizing the $15.99 plastic oblong. Suddenly, there was a loud rumbling behind him. It sounded like thunder – but an unusual kind of thunder, made from a 70/30 polyester-cotton blend instead of clouds or whatever thunder was made of. He swung round – and then gasped in horror as he was crushed to death by an avalanche of Hootie & The Blowfish T-shirts.”

The moneyed doyen gazed with pride upon the vegetables of his labours. This was going to be his finest work since The Socrates Anagram.

From downstairs he heard a noise like the front door of a house being opened.

Son!” communicated Dan Brown. “Come see this!”

Son Brown climbed the stairs linking the ground floor to the floor above it and then walked forward until he had reached the room from which the order to come to it had been issued. Expectantly he looked at his progenitor, his youthful face shining like a torch but pink and with a nose in the middle.

His biological begetter pointed at the screen of the laptop. “Read this,” he invited.

Son Brown finished reading the paragraph, and then shook his head.

“Goddammit, Dad,” he imparted. “I’m sick of all these smug parodies of your work. These guys think they’re so damn smart. You’ve got to stop reading them. This one isn’t even plausible. There’s no way you’d write something as lame as that.”

Renowned Dan Brown looked at his offspring, and then back at the screen.

“Son,” he talked, “go do your homework.”

After his descendant had left the room, the notable fictioneer picked up his cellphone and pressed the buttons with numbers on one at a time in a given sequence.

“Look, John Publisher,” rebuked Dan Brown. “There’s no point reworking The Da Vinci Code for the youth of today. Great writing just goes straight over their heads.”

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Here is an example of an ESI.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com...he_moment_her/

You can tell she's an ESI because she's smiling as her enemies are destroyed.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is an example of an ESI.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com...he_moment_her/

You can tell she's an ESI because she's smiling as her enemies are destroyed.
    LOL

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In contribution to the thread: we may be someone completely different if you go a few months without talking to us and then meet up with us again. That "Si-demonstrative" introverted Se-preferring self-improvement shit. I know I grow fast as fuck, and I get the impression this is an ESI thing.

The Se is often directed inward because of the introversion giving us a focus on our own inner-world. Self-improvement is a huge thing in our lives. Can almost seem perfectionistic about ourselves, which can be mistaken for insecurity by those who don't understand.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How to recognize an ESI-Se when she's out shopping with lots of credit.

https://imgur.com/a/QYzxMDY

That's when an ESI-Se really comes into her own. She will hunt, identify the things which will be uniquely suitable, and then swiftly acquire.
    Access to money just amplifies what is already there.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 07-16-2022 at 04:36 PM.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to recognize an ESI-Se when she's out shopping with lots of credit.

https://imgur.com/a/QYzxMDY

That's when an ESI-Se really comes into her own. She will hunt, identify the things which will be uniquely suitable, and then swiftly acquire.
    Access to money just amplifies what is already there.
    Is that a pic of a random woman who doesn't know you took the pic?????

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lotus View Post
    Is that a pic of a random woman who doesn't know you took the pic?????
    That's a picture of my ESI-Se interior decorator when she was deep into a values evaluation. And now, having revealed her identity, I've deleted the picture.
    When we first met, she told me not to take her picture. Now, ten years later, she doesn't mind if I take her picture. I think that the difference is that she now knows that I'm not a pervert. Not a pervert in a way that troubles her, anyway.
    I have some pictures of her actually posing for a picture, staring into the camera, but in those, she looks flat instead of being interested in something. A photographer once told me that the best pictures of people are taken when the people are looking at something other than the photographer.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can definitely tell the difference between my friend and I. Both ESIs, but I am more 8-like. Direct in confrontation, no BS, no patience. She is far more patient and lenient, and will use more subtlety than me. She resorted to using and manipulating during dark times, and I resorted to physical violence during my dark times. She used guys for being assholes, and I was more like...a guy grabbed my boob in the hallway in middle school while walking by me the opposite way, and I turned, grabbed him by the throat, lifted him off the ground by it, and slammed him against a wall, got in his face, and snarled "don't you ever fucking touch me again." I had no patience for subtlety, I'd just kick peoples' asses. Enneagram 8 (or strong 8 fix) hates subtlety and is suspicious of it, is more direct. Both of us are ESI-Se 6's, but that second fix does make a difference.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 07-19-2022 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahahahah. Now I'm recalling when I would kick peoples' asses in school, and they'd say something to a teacher about what I was doing, and the teacher had been watching the whole incident and just replies, "you deserved it," because me kicking their asses was always in response to some sort of injustice that was done.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In contribution to the thread: we may be someone completely different if you go a few months without talking to us and then meet up with us again. That "Si-demonstrative" introverted Se-preferring self-improvement shit. I know I grow fast as fuck, and I get the impression this is an ESI thing.

The Se is often directed inward because of the introversion giving us a focus on our own inner-world. Self-improvement is a huge thing in our lives. Can almost seem perfectionistic about ourselves, which can be mistaken for insecurity by those who don't understand.
    I totally agree with ESIs being all about self-improvement, because self-actualization, the internally focused Se, is generally perceived as the key to realizing one's Te goals, I have noticed with other ESIs.
    I would not go as far to say, however, that the ESI would be unrecognizable. Yes, he or she has grown in skill, fixed dysfunctional behaviours or at least tried to change their habits, and has worked on character flaws, but to argue them being a "completely different person", I deem a stretch. They are still them, they still hold their values high, have mostly the same interests, and retain their lone paladin attitude like how LSIs seem to be lonesome gunslingers.

Hahahahahah. Now I'm recalling when I would kick peoples' asses in school, and they'd say something to a teacher about what I was doing, and the teacher had been watching the whole incident and just replies, "you deserved it," because me kicking their asses was always in response to some sort of injustice that was done.
    That teacher was golden. What sociotype do you think that he was?

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree with ESIs being all about self-improvement, because self-actualization, the internally focused Se, is generally perceived as the key to realizing one's Te goals, I have noticed with other ESIs.
    I would not go as far to say, however, that the ESI would be unrecognizable. Yes, he or she has grown in skill, fixed dysfunctional behaviours or at least tried to change their habits, and has worked on character flaws, but to argue them being a "completely different person", I deem a stretch. They are still them, they still hold their values high, have mostly the same interests, and retain their lone paladin attitude like how LSIs seem to be lonesome gunslingers.
    Ehh, I didn't mean that we would become something like an entirely different personality. More like...our character/values can be entirely different. Where they once would've been volatile and explosive, they now are more understanding and reasonable and level-headed; where they once would judge, now they are highly accepting; where they once were too generous, now they have better boundaries; etcetera and so on. When you have a bunch of those changes take place before meeting up with them again, that is what I mean by "a completely different person." Enough to leave people surprised at how much they've changed (improved). Most people make these changes, it's just human growth, but I notice ESIs seem more...attentive to it? Treating it as though it is prerequisite to other things in life (and I for one fully, wholly, believe it is.)

That teacher was golden. What sociotype do you think that he was?
    HAha. Yeah, she was awesome. I have no idea what sociotype, I couldn't even begin to guess. I didn't know her enough.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I say brilliant things sporadically BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's cute as hell. Reminds me of a classmate girl with which I had an impacting glance the first time she entered class. It turned out our minds were totally out of sync when I tried talking to her. For some reason my subconscious was eager to meet someone totally incompatible. But staring at her was cool. It gave me goosebumps
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Looks like ISFP (silly moments, giggly moments , talk of promiscuity moments)but is strict and stern or exacting about their morals and the morals of others around them by that I mean “don’t talk that way about God!” Somewhat aggressive sounding, And much more prone to being emotionally hung up over bad actions of those they are dating. Much more likely to have aggressive posturing.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234