Thread: Heaven, Hell and Purgatory

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    The most amazing thing about the Bible is that it is the "best selling" book in history, and has been for over a thousand years.
    No merit with the individuals of the world, really. Selling numbers reach that high probably due to boxes and boxes of copies with pages the thickness of tracing paper ordered by local churches and distributed for a few dollars or for free. But I do like the Bible, I’m thankful it’s around. It’s the national epic of the jewish people, has a anthropological interest component to it and it can be serious as well as self-indulgent if it wants to. The Book of Numbers is banana duck-taped to the wall in art exhibit level of trolling. Or the opposite ha.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    No merit with the individuals of the world, really. Selling numbers reach that high probably due to boxes and boxes of copies with pages the thickness of tracing paper ordered by local churches and distributed for a few dollars or for free. But I do like the Bible, I’m thankful it’s around. It’s the national epic of the jewish people, has a anthropological interest component to it and it can be serious as well as self-indulgent if it wants to. The Book of Numbers is banana duck-taped to the wall in art exhibit level of trolling. Or the opposite ha.
    You might enjoy Asimov's Guide to the Bible.