Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    It could be that there's a trend in the formation of an abuser, rather than the abuse resulting from the relationship between the abuser and the victim. I've noticed that people with supervisor parents can be abusive, even to their duals.

Really though, there are too many mean assholes in the world for Socionics to explain all of them.

It's probably better to think of cruelty as a contagious thing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_contagion

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_contagion
    I've supervisor mother and I'm not abusive. My mom is rather sweet and accepting of her kids. I used to react poorly to some of her comments but I try to have patience now. Though, I know an IEI with supervisee and conflict parents and she's rather abusive.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I've supervisor mother and I'm not abusive. My mom is rather sweet and accepting of her kids. I used to react poorly to some of her comments but I try to have patience now. Though, I know an IEI with supervisee and conflict parents and she's rather abusive.
    Does she have two sets of parents?

I have to assume you're typing everyone accurately here to accept the ITRs you're mentioning. It does seem like there's variation in what happens. I've known a couple examples of ESI-SLE parental supervision. One SLE turned out fairly well while the other destroyed or tried to destroy everyone he got close to it seemed like. Both were cases of ESI mother SLE son. There was a difference in observed intelligence: one could read while the other had major issues with reading. I didn't get to know the SLE who turned out fairly well all that well though, so maybe he had a bad side I didn't know about lol. They both seemed to have relationship problems, but he still seemed a lot more innocent.

Maybe things like this are cases of ITR + chance pushing things over the edge. Idk. The SLE with major issues seemed like he was much more sure of himself though. It was difficult to tell if he was doing something because he was misinterpreting people's behavior or because he just felt like being mean. Maybe it was a mix of the two. His best friend was fairly similar to him in character and life outcome. They both held the title of "worst people I've ever known."

There was a funny connection between them though. He couldn't read, and his best friend could do nothing but read --and talk. The SLE seemed like he worshipped the ground the other guy walked on but they fought and criticized each other at times. The friend thought he was better than everyone he met, but hid his personal attitudes very well. They both did a good job of generally making people think they were something other than what they were. The truth only came out in close proximity to them for many people.

And yeah I've known a few IEI women who were up to no good and loved messing with people. SLEs and IEIs often seem to share that trait if they "go bad" so to speak. Driving people nuts, instigating, provoking. etc. A lot of what they do revolves around threats, ultimatums, subtly crossing boundaries to get people to react to them in certain ways.

"Abusive" is also a relative term. I imagine what a Beta and Delta find to be abusive is different. But it also seems like whenever I've found a more troublesome SLE or IEI, they seem at times to fully realize themselves as being such and are totally fine with it.
    Last edited by Aramas; 04-10-2020 at 10:21 PM.

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Does she have two sets of parents?
    one is her supervisee and the other one her conflictor.

I have to assume you're typing everyone accurately here to accept the ITRs you're mentioning.
    I could use the same argument about what you are describing.

It could be that there's a trend in the formation of an abuser, rather than the abuse resulting from the relationship between the abuser and the victim.I've noticed that people with supervisor parents can be abusive, even to their duals.
    for saying that something is a trend it should be based in the observation of many supervision parental relations from different types.

Really though, there are too many mean assholes in the world for Socionics to explain all of them.
    true

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could be that there's a trend in the formation of an abuser, rather than the abuse resulting from the relationship between the abuser and the victim. I've noticed that people with supervisor parents can be abusive, even to their duals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I think what you might be noticing is that people who grew up with negative relationships with their parents tend to not be well-adjusted and are more likely to have unhealthy relationships later on life. In this case ESEs tend to be naturally maternal whereas LIEs and LSEs are not the most nurturing types (especially to someone with Te polr) so I can see how that could cause damage for an IEI. But I don't think being abusive is type related because anyone can grow up troubled depending on their circumstances.