Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
It could be that there's a trend in the formation of an abuser, rather than the abuse resulting from the relationship between the abuser and the victim. I've noticed that people with supervisor parents can be abusive, even to their duals.
Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I've supervisor mother and I'm not abusive. My mom is rather sweet and accepting of her kids. I used to react poorly to some of her comments but I try to have patience now. Though, I know an IEI with supervisee and conflict parents and she's rather abusive.
I think what you might be noticing is that people who grew up with negative relationships with their parents tend to not be well-adjusted and are more likely to have unhealthy relationships later on life. In this case ESEs tend to be naturally maternal whereas LIEs and LSEs are not the most nurturing types (especially to someone with Te polr) so I can see how that could cause damage for an IEI. But I don't think being abusive is type related because anyone can grow up troubled depending on their circumstances.